Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Memphis Foundry

Recently viewed movie thread - Rental Edition

On 11/27/2017 at 8:16 AM, On The Rocks said:

The Foreigner

I'm almost embarrassed to say how much I liked this movie.  I had low expectations and came away very entertained.  Obviously not an award winning movie, but it was a good "revenge" movie.  Jackie Chan can still get it done.

Just watched this. Thought it was REALLY good. Great to see Jackie Chan again. And Pierce Brosnan brings it. 

Really entertaining movie.

• Like 1

Saw The Witch which seemed to catch my eyes and ears this October as a horror movie people really enjoyed. I do have to get that a thumbs up. It was not a great movie but it was scary, interesting and felt different from typical horror. 

• Like 1

On 11/16/2018 at 2:44 PM, mrip541 said:

Anyone know where I could stream the movie Dead Alive/Braindead?

no, but the titles got me interested & also your sanity.

in a good way.

On 11/16/2018 at 1:44 PM, mrip541 said:

Anyone know where I could stream the movie Dead Alive/Braindead?

I don't see it on any streaming site. Love that movie

I kick ### for the lord!

Saw The Favourite tonight.  Going into it, I mostly just knew was about Queen Anne and a rivalry between a couple of women in her court, and was expecting a staid period piece.  I was not familiar with the director (Lanthimos).  It had a lot more quirkiness and humor to it than I expected.  I liked that about it though.  Solid cast and acting. 

On 12/8/2018 at 9:15 PM, Don Quixote said:

Saw The Favourite tonight.  Going into it, I mostly just knew was about Queen Anne and a rivalry between a couple of women in her court, and was expecting a staid period piece.  I was not familiar with the director (Lanthimos).  It had a lot more quirkiness and humor to it than I expected.  I liked that about it though.  Solid cast and acting. 

Would agree with this too. I have only seen his earlier film, The Lobster, and it felt much the same. Better performances from Weisz, Colman, and Stone in this one. Interesting cinematography too.

• Like 1