Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Memphis Foundry

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight?

On 4/20/2017 at 2:56 PM, Hawks64 said:

I'll likely be heading over to Noon Whistle before 5 today.

Almost made the voyage tonight. Settling for Arrowhead in New Lenox tonight. 

40 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

CBS

Alright now you're just running up the score....

Can someone direct me to the "envious" button?

• Like 2

BA Curmudgeon and probably a flight of KBS next 

13 minutes ago, ditka311 said:

Alright now you're just running up the score....

Can someone direct me to the "envious" button?

You should go to the Founders Black Party sometime. They always got the good #### then. 

2 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

You should go to the Founders Black Party sometime. They always got the good #### then. 

Sounds pretty awesome. Enjoy!

47 minutes ago, ditka311 said:

Sounds pretty awesome. Enjoy!

Some great bands and lots of BA beers. It's the best setup of any bar/brewery I've ever been to. 

14 hours ago, Coeur de Lion said:

Back on the horse after a rough night last night (and morning LOL).

Four Fathers Lucy & Ethel (10.6% DIPA w/ brown sugar), Four Fathers Western Sunrise. 18th Street Zero Discipline, Under Crown, and The Fox & The Goat on deck.

Because one ####show / weekend just isn't enough...

I also got pretty stupid last night....I'll be back at it around noon today though!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ditka311 said:

Almost made the voyage tonight. Settling for Arrowhead in New Lenox tonight. 

I'd skip this one....unless they still have Mosaic Gummy on draft. That's my favorite to date.

Crimson Snapper nightcap was a great idea at 11 last night. The Central Waters bb barleywine at midnight, not so much. Tasty as all hell though. 

Need to get some stuff done and maybe go with some Mango Guppy. Got another twelve Born Yesterday so that is an option too. #funday

Thanks for sucking ###, Blackhawks! I welcome the productivity and the associated victory beers for jobs well done. Or at least done. 

Edited by ditka311
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Hawks64 said:

I also got pretty stupid last night....I'll be back at it around noon today though!

Round three today: last few Zero Discipline and Under Crown, and the other growler of Western Sunrise after mowing and cleaning the garage. Hot smoking two chickens (dinner tonight and one for later in the week) and have some asparagus to grill and made a big foil pack of potatoes, onions, & peppers.

Even at $20 / 4, I'm gonna go buy another half case of Zero Discipline -- it's really just that good.

• Like 2

Trying Badger Club Amber from Wisconsin Brewing Company

Meh, I prefer my Ambers a little smoother or a little nuttier.  There's something a little bitter about this one I don't care for.

Went to NOBO brewing to try their beers. Meh. Then went to Due South and had a couple IPAs and APAs. Now home cooking duck, roasted potatoes, and Brussels sprouts with truffle oil, and having an MIA Mega Mix.

Edited by Wingnut
  • Like 2

Mango Guppy. I get what Hawks was saying but I like it. It is a "session ale" after all and made for Funday. 

Made some swordfish steaks and grilled some shrimp. Shrimp are outstanding and the swordfish is just good. 

• Like 2

Hubbard's Cave Fresh IPA (not IIPA), Born Agains, maybe something else...can't remember lol.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Hawks64 said:

Hubbard's Cave Fresh IPA (not IIPA), Born Agains, maybe something else...can't remember lol.

How was the Hubbard's Cave?

About to get Born Again myself...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ditka311 said:

How was the Hubbard's Cave?

About to get Born Again myself...

It was excellent, it's been awhile since I've had anything by Jerry I've forgotten how good he is at making beer.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Hawks64 said:

It was excellent, it's been awhile since I've had anything by Jerry I've forgotten how good he is at making beer.

I've always enjoyed those too. Heard this one was outstanding. Looks like I need to pick one or two up. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ditka311 said:

I've always enjoyed those too. Heard this one was outstanding. Looks like I need to pick one or two up. 

Definitely not as big but excellent flavor. Like grapefruit juice. Loved it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Coeur de Lion said:

Really enjoyed everything I've had from Hubbard's Cave.

I have too on the hoppy side. Haven't tried the stouts but probably should have since I've liked every Fresh I've had. 

9 hours ago, ditka311 said:

CDL - you going to Barrel Massacre?

Think so, but not 100%. It's not going to sell out, so I'm not all that worried about tickets.

27 minutes ago, Hawks64 said:

Picked up more Born Again. Love this beer.

Not quite as good as the original IMO, but still world class. Gotta love Lagunitas.

Anyone here close to tired hands? They just released a beer with a black cat on the label call d Rosè and my GF would flip if I tracked it down for her. 

4 hours ago, Baloney Sandwich said:

I was out in Chicago on Thursday and had a few Zombie Dusts at happy hour with some clients, not bad.

ZD is better than "not bad," GB.

1 hour ago, Sebowski said:

Anyone here close to tired hands? They just released a beer with a black cat on the label call d Rosè and my GF would flip if I tracked it down for her. 

@Long Ball Larry

Civil Society Blondes Make Me Hoppy with Nelson. Wow, Nelson overload...I love it.

Also, Jai Alai canned 3/09....malt bomb

2 hours ago, Sebowski said:

Hibiscus IPA?

1 hour ago, Long Ball Larry said:

Hibiscus IPA?

I guess? Maybe that means it's easier to get. When I saw it was a tired hands IPA I figured it was a long shot.

2 hours ago, Sebowski said:

I guess? Maybe that means it's easier to get. When I saw it was a tired hands IPA I figured it was a long shot.

It is a long shot, but will advise tomorrow if there is anything I can do.

3 hours ago, Long Ball Larry said:

It is a long shot, but will advise tomorrow if there is anything I can do.

Cool. Don't go out of your way. Just if it's easy.

Polishing off a 6 pack of Pivo. I honestly can't remember the last time I drank an entire 6 pack of something straight through. I've been known to do while growlers, but crack a sixes and then drive k it without mixing in other stuff? Sheeeeeeeeet. I'm going to say 5+ years.

I have one Lieutenant Dank from Wicked Weed left in my fridge.  Sadly this will be the last WW beer I will purchase as they have been bought by Anheuser Busch Wicked Weed bought  :wall:

I appreciate all the good beers they have made but I will continue to spend my dollars on the true Microbreweries.  :banned:

• Like 5

And another new one from 18th Street -- and they've been absolutely killing it lately with the DDH Shadows stuff:

SKREEECH!! our Citra loaded 8% double dry hop DIPA is available now in Hammond and tomorrow in Gary. This is the latest from our In the Shadows Small Batch series. $15/4pk and $6 draft.