Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Memphis Foundry

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight?

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Coeur de Lion said:

Yeah, that's a good one.

Sadly, only had one in stock. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2017 at 3:26 PM, Hawks64 said:

:excited: Doing a Tampa brewery "tour" with the wife tomorrow...Angry Chair Brewing, then Cigar City, the Cycle, then Arkane, then Rapp, and then Tampa Brewing Company for dinner, then Coppertail. Followed up with a cornhole with @Wingnut on Saturday at Civil Society. Going to be a great start to my work trip!!

What a great time - can't remember all the names of the beer though lol! We skipped Rapp and Coppertail due to time, but may be going back on Sunday for Cigar City Cider & Meadery and maybe hit up Six Ten and Hidden Springs for the sours. Heading out around 2-3p to go to Sailfish and then Civil Society. Another great day for beer!

ETA

Angry Chair - outstanding beer, cool tap room. Faithful Sinner and Thought Process were the best we had.

Cigar City - big place, tons of handles and really enjoyed Space Pope.

Cycle - really cool place but wasn't blown away by their choices, to be fair only had two since they don't do flights only half pours.

Arkane - Probably my favorite place. Gimmie Swelter a mango Habanero berliner was amazing.

TBBC - Really good food and the beer was really good as well. Had a Ja Precis NEIPA that was very good.

Edited by Hawks64
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Coeur de Lion said:

Closed two big deals at work today, Pens kicking ###, drinking the first round of Crooked Stave to hit Indiana. Life is good.

CS made a NE IPA that I thought was outrageously good. Not sure if they ever bottled it or if it was just on tap at the brewery, but if you see that- jump on it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surly Xtra Citra and Galactic Double Daisy Cutter. Chicago I am inside you. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On my way to West Palm now...T-minus 4 hours til I'm drinking all the hops with @Hawks64 at Civil Society. On tap today:

Juice, Pulp, Fresh, Emerald Showers, Mosaic Blondes make me hoppy, Nelson Blondes make me hoppy, plus a couple other non hoppy offerings. 

That's a murderers row of Civil hops right there. I see several crowlers in Hawks' future. Lol

:excited::banned:

Plus I'm bringing a 750ml of J Wakefield DFPF Berliner (dragonfruit passionfruit), can't wait for that one, he upped the ABV from 4% to 7% this year.

Edited by Wingnut
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ilov80s said:

CS made a NE IPA that I thought was outrageously good. Not sure if they ever bottled it or if it was just on tap at the brewery, but if you see that- jump on it.

I'll keep an eye out. I'll buy literally anything they make. I actually went back for more today and grabbed Vielle, Petite Sours Raspberry and Peach, and Hop Savant Brett IPA.

Starting with Mikkeller Citra Session IPA to pace myself. I like Mikkeller quite a bit, but not really a fan of his bigger IPAs -- way too malt-forward IMO. The session series is great though; this is the 4th one I've had and all of them have been really good. Light, bright, crushable, and the individual Hop characteristics are really prominent. Highly recommended.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dark Horse Rain in Blood (meh) and Short's Bellaire Brown (:thumbup:) next. Crooked Stave x 4 on deck.

Jerk wings on the smoker as an appetizer before burgers tonight.

BTW @Hawks64 and @ditka311 the Spice House's jerk rub is phenomenal. Mix with lime juice, OJ, soy, and a little oil and marinate overnight.

https://www.thespicehouse.com/jamaican-jerk-seasoning

Actually, the Spice House just rocks, period IMO. Better than Penzy's.

Edited by Coeur de Lion
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Coeur de Lion said:

I'll keep an eye out. I'll buy literally anything they make. I actually went back for more today and grabbed Vielle, Petite Sours Raspberry and Peach, and Hop Savant Brett IPA.

Starting with Mikkeller Citra Session IPA to pace myself. I like Mikkeller quite a bit, but not really a fan of his bigger IPAs -- way too malt-forward IMO. The session series is great though; this is the 4th one I've had and all of them have been really good. Light, bright, crushable, and the individual Hop characteristics are really prominent. Highly recommended.

Yeah I find doubles very hit or miss these days. I liked the Surly better than the Half Acre. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Yeah I find doubles very hit or miss these days. I liked the Surly better than the Half Acre. 

They make me too drunk too fast too -- prefer 7% and under for the most part.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Coeur de Lion said:

Dark Horse Rain in Blood (meh) and Short's Bellaire Brown (:thumbup:) next. Crooked Stave x 4 on deck.

Jerk wings on the smoker as an appetizer before burgers tonight.

BTW @Hawks64 and @ditka311 the Spice House's jerk rub is phenomenal. Mix with lime juice, OJ, soy, and a little oil and marinate overnight.

https://www.thespicehouse.com/jamaican-jerk-seasoning

Actually, the Spice House just rocks, period IMO. Better than Penzy's.

I use Walkerwoods to marinade and then brush another coat on at the end. Typically do wings too. 

To get this back on track, I'm at my daughter's birthday party where they do nails and hair, etc for her and friends. Really going to need a beer in an hour. 

Might open a Dark Lord tonight. The sparkling green wax matches all of the damn glitter I'm getting covered with at this party so might as well roll with it....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ditka311 said:

I use Walkerwoods to marinade and then brush another coat on at the end. Typically do wings too. 

To get this back on track, I'm at my daughter's birthday party where they do nails and hair, etc for her and friends. Really going to need a beer in an hour. 

Might open a Dark Lord tonight. The sparkling green wax matches all of the damn glitter I'm getting covered with at this party so might as well roll with it....

LOL been there GB. And will be again in a few weeks -- younger one turning 9 in June.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Coeur de Lion said:

CS HopSavant and Petite Sour Raspberry are both just ridiculous.

Raspberry sounds good. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, ditka311 said:

Raspberry sounds good. 

If you are a raspberry fan, buy this one on sight GB. It's well beyond good.

Colorado Wild Sage, not so much. Unless you're a big fan of sage in beer. Which now I know that I'm not. Medicinal blech. First Crooked Stave beer I've had that I wouldn't buy again.

Edited by Coeur de Lion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With @Hawks64 and his wife drinking delicious beer at Civil. 

 

Suck it, beyotches.

Edited by Wingnut
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Coeur de Lion said:

If you are a raspberry fan, buy this one on sight GB. It's well beyond good.

Colorado Wild Sage, not so much. Unless you're a big fan of sage in beer. Which now I know that I'm not. Medicinal blech. First Crooked Stave beer I've had that I wouldn't buy again.

Big fan of raspberry, blueberry, etc so if I was going to pick a sour it would likely be one of those. Although I still have a Pear Bear.  Actually, I had a Jester King at DLD that wasn't a fruited sour that was really good. Smelled like ### but was surprisingly good. 

Had the raspberry Vlad last night. Way too much raspberry. Sad!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wingnut said:

With @Hawks64 and his wife Alison drinking delicious beer at Civil. 

 

Suck it, beyotches.

Jealous!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy Christ I drank way too many...had to turn the 4Runner keys over to the GF...Ive has this vehicle for 6 years and no one else has ever drove it...but she's doing great...stopping for nachos and one more beer then homeward for the trip to Key West on the a.m....Life is good, brohans!

Edited by Wingnut
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Wingnut said:

With @Hawks64 and his wife drinking delicious beer at Civil. 

 

Suck it, beyotches.

:goodposting: What a blast! CSBC is awesome. Crowler count now up to 14 in the fridge! And we're likely heading back to Tampa today!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Wingnut said:

Holy Christ I drank way too many...had to turn the 4Runner keys over to the GF...Ive has this vehicle for 6 years and no one else has ever drove it...but she's doing great...stopping for nachos and one more beer then homeward for the trip to Key West on the a.m....Life is good, brohans!

Uh-oh GB....I was the first and only person the wife let drive her Explorer. You can see where that went!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday was much more lower in volume of breweries. Hit Sailfish in Ft. Pierce and then with @Wingnut at Civil Society.

Sailfish - The Fish Whistle was the best they had on tap. A nice hoppy pale. What's odd is they had two IPAs that hit my hop profile (Mosaic, Nelson and Simcoe) but were off. I think it's because they just moved to a new space and went from 3bbl to 20bbl.

Civil Society - Simply the best brewery I've been to in Florida. Fresh, Juice, Pulp, Emerald Showers, and Blondes make me Hoppy (Mosaic and Nelson varients) were all 4+ beers. Would love to go back again before we leave but 2.5 hours each way is a #####.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brunched with Noon Whistle Let's Gummy. That was very sweet and juicy. Maybe even a little more malt than I prefer. The more NEIPAs I have, the more I think Old Nation is the best in the Midwest and it's not close.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brunched with Noon Whistle Let's Gummy. That was very sweet and juicy. Maybe even a little more malt than I prefer. The more NEIPAs I have, the more I think Old Nation is the best in the Midwest and it's not close.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Hawks64 said:

:goodposting: What a blast! CSBC is awesome. Crowler count now up to 14 in the fridge! And we're likely heading back to Tampa today!

If you need room for more, let me know and I can give you my address to send some of the excess inventory. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ditka311 said:

If you need room for more, let me know and I can give you my address to send some of the excess inventory. 

:goodposting:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfiltered Sculpin to celebrate that a$$-kicking handed out by the Pens. Grilling some jalapeño cheddar brats from my local guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Binny's had all of the Sculpins for 11.99 so going with a grapefruit. Feels more like barrel aged weather though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, ditka311 said:

Binny's had all of the Sculpins for 11.99 so going with a grapefruit. Feels more like barrel aged weather though. 

Just got back from Chicago, your weather was so insane this weekend. Just when I thought it was cold, it was warm and vice versa. Now I am back in Michigan drinking a Green Stone Old Nation APA on the deck where it is sunny and 70.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Just got back from Chicago, your weather was so insane this weekend. Just when I thought it was cold, it was warm and vice versa. Now I am back in Michigan drinking a Green Stone Old Nation APA on the deck where it is sunny and 70.

I was in Dallas for work for most of the week so didn't really see the nice part. Got back and it was crappy. But Dallas was 90 and generally pretty nice so...

Trying to convince my brother to get a keg of Vallejo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ditka311 said:

I was in Dallas for work for most of the week so didn't really see the nice part. Got back and it was crappy. But Dallas was 90 and generally pretty nice so...

Trying to convince my brother to get a keg of Vallejo. 

I was just around Frday-Sunday. Friday was in the 50s (after leaving Michigan where it was in the 90s). Sat AM it was cold and rainy, go to a show and come out and it's dinner/drinks on Division patios weather. Head out for brunch this AM and it's warm, by the time brunch is over it was cold. It was weird as hell. 

Vallejo was one of the many beers I was able to get in this weekend- always a solid ipa. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On a flight a Delta flight to Atlanta for a 8am client meeting tomorrow and having a couple Sweetwater 420s. Considering the swill choices you historically have on flights, I will kindly take it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So we went back to Tampa yesterday to do a Cider/Sour route. Hit up Cigar City Cider & Mead, Hidden Springs and Six Ten.

Cigar City & Mead - the building it is in is really cool, not sure if it's an original from back in the day but it looks like it. If you like ciders or mead this is a must stop. My wife loved this place, I even liked the Strawberry Banana Cider!

Hidden Springs - cool little place, has lots of local artists pieces displayed. Hops were ok, gose were very good and the berliners were good.

Six Ten - got to this place about an hour before closing so it was pretty dead. Had three of their berliners (CGBG, CGBG Apricot and plum) and Silky's Sour a Belgium style sour. The Apricot and Silky's were excellent and the regular CGBG and Plum were good.

I think we're done hitting up breweries but maybe on Friday will hit up a few in Orlando (Crooked Can, Red Cypress and Hourglass) but we'll see how the week goes lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2017 at 6:11 PM, Coeur de Lion said:

FFF kind of night -- Blood of the Sunsets and Lazer Snake.

Fan of Blood of the Sunsets. Was one of the most interesting and delicious beers I had at Tribes Fest a couple of years ago. Was called something else. Almost got a Permanent Funeral today. Probably should have. 

Four day weekend starts today. Starting off with a Vallejo. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So this pseudo Pseudo Sue out of Lakeland dated May 1...actually really damn good. Especially compared to the #### they dumped on Chicago a little while back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ditka311 said:

So this pseudo Pseudo Sue out of Lakeland dated May 1...actually really damn good. Especially compared to the #### they dumped on Chicago a little while back. 

I noticed recent batches have been getting better. Brew Hub has $3 pints and  $5 growlers all weekend...Im getting a couple growlers later today.

Edited by Wingnut
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fresh growler of Pseudo Sue from Brew Hub. Its...ok. their Rome City IPA they have on right now is much better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2017 at 9:22 PM, Dan Lambskin said:

Boxer

Picked up more M-43 too

What did think of boxer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

What did think of boxer?

It was good but I kinda like M-43 better

Although I only had one so far so need to finish it off to be sure 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Down to 4 crowlers to take home, Pulp, two Juice, and Souramel. Also some Cigar City Home Made Apple Pie cider. What a great beer trip!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry guys. No more beer. Drank it all last night. Lawn off the deck has a piss stain. Also, low on Grappa. Try whiskey. Still some of that left.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Hawks64 said:

Down to 4 crowlers to take home, Pulp, two Juice, and Souramel. Also some Cigar City Home Made Apple Pie cider. What a great beer trip!!

You definitely did it right! Hopefully next time you come down I'll be living in Tampa or St Pete and you can crash so we can really do it up. :banned:

Edited by Wingnut
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going funky today with Jolly Pumpkin Bam Noir and Calabaza Blanca and Boulevard Saison-Brett (2016). Hops later in the form of Space Cake and Jade. Also have some Wehemstephaner Vitus and Dunkelweizen, and a mixed six of Unibroue's Belgian-style offerings. Kind of all over the place this weekend LOL.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.