What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (2 Viewers)

I'm assuming you mean on tap?  Pretty sure the bottles are gone.  They need to do some refining for mega releases like the one on Saturday.  I had to bail on the line 2,5 hrs in.  Pretty bummed!
I live 5 min from there and walked in at 6:30 and the line was just ending.  They had bottles of all three Sunday but probably sold out then.

Wingnut said:
At Civil Society having a draft of Fresh and picking up a couple crowlers...man this place is blowing up, so many great beers.
Huge fan of Juice and their Subject series

Any suggestions for Breweries to hit up in Richmond, VA (other than Stone)?
Richmond has a ton of great options.  Here are the best I've been to/had recently (although haven't visited in about a year so locals may have current info):

1) The Veil: The most hyped brews in the region.  When I was there can releases were a real s show but if just looking to getting some pours wasn't be a problem.  May want to check them out on facebook to see what is going on the day you visit.  Beers are outstanding though.

2) Mekong/The Answer: Right next to each other, really pretty much the same place.  Mekong has great food and an insane tap list; Answer brews up some ridiculously good beers and has an Andall system where they make their adjunct stouts.  No cans or bottles to go but they do crowlers and growlers of things.  

3) Triple Crossing: Very good NE IPA, last I was there was a little more low key than the Veil but that may have changed.

4) Hardywood:  Wide stable of beers, distributes through most of VA.  Some decent stouts.

Tons of others including 3'Notched, Licking Hole Creek, and Strangeways that may be better for you geographically

My last two Funky Buddha Pineapple Beach's. 

Does anyone on here do any beer trades, mainly shelf for shelf not looking at whales?  For example I can get New Glarus while I would love to get my hands on more Funky Buddhas or Terrapin.
In Michigan and I've traded both for shelf stuff and whales. If there is anything in Michigan that you want, I would trade. O can't get Funky Buddha or Terrapin but can get similar MI beers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would you be open to trading some Ocelot?
I don't have any on me right now. I can let you know when/should I get some. I think they only sell bottles at the brewery, and otherwise just available on tap near me. But the brewery is about 45 minutes from me, so, while I hope/plan to get out there again, it is hard for me to predict when.

Sebowski is almost certainly the better hook-up option.

I don't have any on me right now. I can let you know when/should I get some. I think they only sell bottles at the brewery, and otherwise just available on tap near me. But the brewery is about 45 minutes from me, so, while I hope/plan to get out there again, it is hard for me to predict when.

Sebowski is almost certainly the better hook-up option.
No worries and no hurry. Let me know when you go back and I would be happy to send some Chicago goodness in return. 

Richmond has a ton of great options.  Here are the best I've been to/had recently (although haven't visited in about a year so locals may have current info):

1) The Veil: The most hyped brews in the region.  When I was there can releases were a real s show but if just looking to getting some pours wasn't be a problem.  May want to check them out on facebook to see what is going on the day you visit.  Beers are outstanding though.

2) Mekong/The Answer: Right next to each other, really pretty much the same place.  Mekong has great food and an insane tap list; Answer brews up some ridiculously good beers and has an Andall system where they make their adjunct stouts.  No cans or bottles to go but they do crowlers and growlers of things.  

3) Triple Crossing: Very good NE IPA, last I was there was a little more low key than the Veil but that may have changed.

4) Hardywood:  Wide stable of beers, distributes through most of VA.  Some decent stouts.

Tons of others including 3'Notched, Licking Hole Creek, and Strangeways that may be better for you geographically
Totally on point.

I actually really liked Jai Alai.
It a a good beer (when fresh) but its the best shelf IPA I can get everywhere within 10 minutes...Id have to drive 20+ minutes for the better stuff and I just didnt have it in me tonight. I drink so much JA Im pretty much sick of it...

And my Civl days are coming to an end...my GF who lives in West Palm just got a great job in  Lakeland and is moving here in 2 weeks...Im stoked and all, but it means no more monthly Civil visits, and the Florida keys are now 5 hours away instead of 2 from her place.. #firstworldprobs

Last edited by a moderator:
Shoulder on the smoker...about to grab an Xtra citra and back into the pool. The sun crusher I just had was a nice appetizer.  

Bring it on, Funday!

Wingnut said:
It a a good beer (when fresh) but its the best shelf IPA I can get everywhere within 10 minutes...Id have to drive 20+ minutes for the better stuff and I just didnt have it in me tonight. I drink so much JA Im pretty much sick of it...

And my Civl days are coming to an end...my GF who lives in West Palm just got a great job in  Lakeland and is moving here in 2 weeks...Im stoked and all, but it means no more monthly Civil visits, and the Florida keys are now 5 hours away instead of 2 from her place.. #firstworldprobs
OMG...was just talking about paypaling you cash to ship me CS. :hifive: :excited: :kicksrock: guess not anymore GB. Tell her congrats from us and happy for you guys!!

Don't you mean a Beer Hates Penguins????? Really want those #######s being the first to back to back in the Cap era?!!?
Don't like either team to be honest. If they could both lose I'd be fine with it. Pitt going back to back doesn't bother me one bit. They have two of the best players in the world.  Also gives me hope the Hawks aren't done. 

Anyway, back on topic. Vallejo. 

I recently found a beer that both my wife and I really like.  I found it in a Weis supermarket:

Neshaminy Creek Churchville Lager

It is a Vienna style lager.  I've found that a good Vienna style lager or a good Marzen lager are difficult to come by.  This one is excellent.  The brewery is in Croydon, PA which is in an area known as 'Northeast Philly'.  I might see if I can plan a trip there to check it out.

Jai Alai is good....but in my experience, it drops off quickly.  Drink it within the first few weeks.
Yep, I try not to buy it if it's more than 2 weeks old. I recebtly bought a 4 week old 6 pack...it wasn't terrible but the fall off was more than noticeable 

Users who are viewing this thread