Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Memphis Foundry

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight?

Recommended Posts

Guiness Rye Pale Ale

Red Hook Long Hammer IPA :wub:

Christian Moerlein Third Wave IPA

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread needs more video

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, JaxBill said:

Getting up at the crack of dawn to join buddies for 3+ hour trip to Jupiter Fl for Civil Society and they have s collaboration with Heist tomorrow. 

Civil Society gets a lot of love on this board but don't sleep on Heist.  They are making GREAT beer. 

Enjoy your day!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sun King GFJ and Bare Hands 574 DIPA. Smoking a couple of chuck roasts for shredded barbacoa tacos with red cabbage slaw and guac on spectacular fresh corn tortillas from a local Mexican mom & pop (made to order while I watched).

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Page 4? Man....

Usual Funday suspects...Xtra Citra and Grapefruit Sculpin. Going with a Moon Man for now. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2017 at 10:00 PM, urbanhack said:

Melvin Asterisk dipa

 

*

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Widmer Brothers Drop Top Amber - Portland OR

Ninkasi Brewing Co. Helles Belles - Eugene OR

Flat Tail Kolsch - Corvallis OR a sophisticated slammer for the progressive redneck in us all

Full Sail Amber - Hood River OR

Deschutes Cask Conditioned Bachelor Bitter - Portland OR

I'm visiting Portland if you can't tell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 9:42 PM, JaxBill said:

Getting up at the crack of dawn to join buddies for 3+ hour trip to Jupiter Fl for Civil Society and they have s collaboration with Heist tomorrow. 

Was it worth the drive?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, berndog said:

Was it worth the drive?

We got there about 1015 and were like 8th in line. Next 30 minutes probably saw about 30 more people join the line.

I ended up with Juice, Fresh, the Cumulus Haze collab, and the King Gary growler.

I had some of the collab and King Gary in the tasting room.

The Cumulus Haze really tastes like grapefruit without the bitter finish. Reminiscent of Fresca actually. 

It was good to hang out with friends. Probably not worth the trip from a purely financial/time management. I was glad that I wasn't driving.

Next trip might be somewhere closer like Playalinda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JaxBill said:

We got there about 1015 and were like 8th in line. Next 30 minutes probably saw about 30 more people join the line.

I ended up with Juice, Fresh, the Cumulus Haze collab, and the King Gary growler.

I had some of the collab and King Gary in the tasting room.

The Cumulus Haze really tastes like grapefruit without the bitter finish. Reminiscent of Fresca actually. 

It was good to hang out with friends. Probably not worth the trip from a purely financial/time management. I was glad that I wasn't driving.

Next trip might be somewhere closer like Playalinda

As a counter argument, I'd drive 3 hours for Juice, Pulp and Fresh at least once a month. That's how good I think it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boss Tweed got me in hop heaven

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stone Delicious IPA

Green Bench Sunshine City

Next: Civil Society/Slim Pickens Cider & Mead collab, Schmedium (Peach/guava IPA)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fortunate Islands from Modern Times. A hoppy tropical wheat. It's no Tetra City but pretty tasty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really have been drinking a lot of Noon Whistle, different Gummy series and You my only Friend. Nothing exciting.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hawks64 said:

Really have been drinking a lot of Noon Whistle, different Gummy series and You my only Friend. Nothing exciting.

Finally got some canned Gummy. Can't say it's the best but it is pretty good. I'd buy it again. 

The one that surprised me the most lately was Hop Debacle from O'so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ditka311 said:

Finally got some canned Gummy. Can't say it's the best but it is pretty good. I'd buy it again. 

The one that surprised me the most lately was Hop Debacle from O'so. 

It's so close and I never have a problem getting anything I want so right now it's just to easy to pass up. More brewing opened up today in Villa Park. 17/4 pack. Little shocked by that tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ditka311 said:

Hawks...going to Big North?

Nope, like I said having a place so close that I enjoy kills the desire to run all over the place or wait in lines and all that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hawks64 said:

It's so close and I never have a problem getting anything I want so right now it's just to easy to pass up. More brewing opened up today in Villa Park. 17/4 pack. Little shocked by that tbh.

Yeah, I heard. It's incredible the prices that are being charged and ....accepted. I understand the DDH and haze bombs cost more but come on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ditka311 said:

Yeah, I heard. It's incredible the prices that are being charged and ....accepted. I understand the DDH and haze bombs cost more but come on. 

What are they charging?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hawks64 said:

Nope, like I said having a place so close that I enjoy kills the desire to run all over the place or wait in lines and all that.

Hard to argue that since I used to live so close to Hailstorm and used to frequent that place and their $10 growlers. However a Half Acre fest should be fun. I just keep drinking and enjoying almost everything they release and at usually a great price point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ditka311 said:

Yeah, I heard. It's incredible the prices that are being charged and ....accepted. I understand the DDH and haze bombs cost more but come on. 

 

2 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

What are they charging?

17 per 4 pack, not sure of abv but I'm guessing 8-9? It's a buck more than anyone else is charging.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

What are they charging?

$17. Not abnormal in the haze bomb market I guess but just venting a little. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ditka311 said:

Hard to argue that since I used to live so close to Hailstorm and used to frequent that place and their $10 growlers. However a Half Acre fest should be fun. I just keep drinking and enjoying almost everything they release and at usually a great price point. 

Don't get me wrong I love HA, but it's a haul and we're so damn busy this summer I can't justify a day for it with everything else I have to do...plus Noon Whistle has become my Cheers, and that's a lot fun. Paul's making really good stuff, there is talk of expansion and starting a wild program. :excited:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ditka311 said:

$17. Not abnormal in the haze bomb market I guess but just venting a little. 

It's funny since both Sonny and Perry (owners of More brewing and local liquor store) complained a lot when 18th St started doing that high price per 6pk/4pk.

ETA who they are.

Edited by Hawks64

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ditka311 said:

$17. Not abnormal in the haze bomb market I guess but just venting a little. 

 

2 minutes ago, Hawks64 said:

 

17 per 4 pack, not sure of abv but I'm guessing 8-9? It's a buck more than anyone else is charging.

Are those 12 or 16 oz?

 

M-43 here is $12-15 for a 4x16. It's the best thing going. Boss Tweed went for $18 4x16 and it was well worth it IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ilov80s said:

 

Are those 12 or 16 oz?

 

M-43 here is $12-15 for a 4x16. It's the best thing going. Boss Tweed went for $18 4x16 and it was well worth it IMO

16 not sure if M43 is a single or double or what boss tweed was. Anything about 16 for a 4pk is a bit steep IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hawks64 said:

16 not sure if M43 is a single or double or what boss tweed was. Anything about 16 for a 4pk is a bit steep IMO.

M43 is a single, Boss Tweed is a double. I agree 16-18 is very steep, but I don't even care. I went awhile having to try and get a trade here and there to get a Treehouse or Trillium so it's nice that I can easily access beers at their level whenever I want. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trader Joe's Provindential, which is their Unibroue partnership. Pretty damn tasty.

 

ETA - big fan of Unibroue in general. *Love* their Blanche de Chambly.

Edited by saintfool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vallejo. Have a feeling it's going to be a "piss off the deck" type of night without actually pissing off the deck. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, ditka311 said:

Vallejo. Have a feeling it's going to be a "piss off the deck" type of night without actually pissing off the deck. 

I'll piss off my deck twice for you. Putting one one today/night

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might move to a kbs 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Might move to a kbs 

Had a really good night of Michigan barrel aged this week. KBS 16 and 17 and BA plead the fifth which was awesome. 

 

On to a Hubbard's Cave Fresh (citra)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Joe Bryant said:

Oscar Blues Pale Ale. I'm a novice compared to you guys. 

Quality brew.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, ditka311 said:

Had a really good night of Michigan barrel aged this week. KBS 16 and 17 and BA plead the fifth which was awesome. 

 

On to a Hubbard's Cave Fresh (citra)

How is the Hubbards quality holdig up? I haven't had it since V3 or 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

 

37 minutes ago, ditka311 said:

Had a really good night of Michigan barrel aged this week. KBS 16 and 17 and BA plead the fifth which was awesome. 

 

On to a Hubbard's Cave Fresh (citra)

How is the Hubbards quality holdig up? I haven't had it since V3 or 4

 

Still very good.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.