What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (3 Viewers)

Serious non AA non judgmental question for you guys.

How many beers over how much time is a normal no work the next day night? 

How many beers over how much time is a normal have to go to work the next day night?

How many beers over how much time is a normal have to go to work the next day night?
Rarely, as many as 10-12 on a weekend night if I'm outside doing yard work and manning the smoker all day. Typically, maybe a sixer on a normal Saturday from 4 or 5 when I start the grill until I go to bed, maybe 10ish. Maybe 1-2 on a weeknight if I have a rough day at work or something to celebrate, but usually nothing during the week for the most part.

Coppertail Purple Drink.  They have the best sours in the Tampa area hands down IMO.
Arkane in Largo makes the best (and most) sours in the TB area IMO...Hidden Springs in Tampa is in the mix too. I had their guava lime Berliner last weekend and it was insane. They also had a Gatorade sour I didn't get a chance to try...but Arkane is just lapping the field. If you havent been there I highy suggest you check them out (@Hawks64 will concur). Their Gimmie Swelter (mango habanero Florida weiss) is top notch and won 3rd best beer at Huna Day IIRC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rarely, as many as 10-12 on a weekend night if I'm outside doing yard work and manning the smoker all day. Typically, maybe a sixer on a normal Saturday from 4 or 5 when I start the grill until I go to bed, maybe 10ish. Maybe 1-2 on a weeknight if I have a rough day at work or something to celebrate, but usually nothing during the week for the most part.
Same here although that week night thing goes out the window during hockey playoffs if the Hawks are still in it or it's a one off night. 

Weekends depend. Not in the 10 -12 range but that's because I usually add a "poor decision bomber" that tips the scales into uh-oh category. Or two or three if I am sharing them. 

I guess the one thing I do that I know I shouldn't is the Sunday Funday. I pay for it on Monday but oh well. 

Time for that bomber....

Arkane in Largo makes the best (and most) sours in the TB area IMO...Hidden Springs in Tampa is in the mix too. I had their guava lime Berliner last weekend and it was insane. They also had a Gatorade sour I didn't get a chance to try...but Arkane is just lapping the field. If you havent been there I highy suggest you check them out (@Hawks64 will concur). Their Gimmie Swelter (mango habanero Florida weiss) is top notch and won 3rd best beer at Huna Day IIRC.
Have not tried Arkane yet, but it's on the list.  Been to Hidden Springs several times.  The Gatorade sour is meh.  Gimmicky IMO.  81Bay down on Gandy has some nice sours as well.

I have a couple accounts who were selling it by the bottle.  I'll have to shoot them a text.  The problem here is if it's put out, the Chicago people buy it all up in 30 min.  
Yeah, I think I actually got some from a trade with someone here on this board...can't recall who. I have never seen it in a store or even posted on any of my store's social media. My friend said a large grocery store had a few four packs recently at $23 a 4 pack and some DB bought every one of them.

It seems pretty difficult to find so if you can buy a bottle, I would say it's worth it. 

Yeah, I think I actually got some from a trade with someone here on this board...can't recall who. I have never seen it in a store or even posted on any of my store's social media. My friend said a large grocery store had a few four packs recently at $23 a 4 pack and some DB bought every one of them.

It seems pretty difficult to find so if you can buy a bottle, I would say it's worth it. 
I have seen it, they were getting $28/4-pic for it.  I have a couple of people in Kalamazoo that may be able to find it also.  

Drinking my last two Sun King Grapefruit Jungle, grilling some Kirkland 98% fat free turkey burgers -- they're actually damn good if you season them aggressively and don't overcook them.

Hard to quantify it because a lot depends on what kind of ABV we're talking and what time I get to bed.   A 10+ evening would definitely make for a rough next day in most cases though.  Luckily I have a cool boss so as long as nothing major is going on I can roll in an hour late or so and just kind of mail it in if I have to

Generally I'll only have 1-3 beers on a weeknight though (although I just finished #3 (passion dank juice) so probably ending up on 5 or 6 tonight) 

Also I've been drinking more macros lately to save $ and stick to a lower ABV

Drinking my last two Sun King Grapefruit Jungle, grilling some Kirkland 98% fat free turkey beurgers -- they're actually damn good if you season them aggressively and don't overcooj them.
Just opened a Moon Man. Was a hot, glorious, sunny day and was about to jump into the pool with a Grapefruit Sculpin but then had a quick storm come through. Oh well, it's sunny again but a bit cooler. 

Also, have a jerk tenderloin on the smoker. 

Just opened a Moon Man. Was a hot, glorious, sunny day and was about to jump into the pool with a Grapefruit Sculpin but then had a quick storm come through. Oh well, it's sunny again but a bit cooler. 

Also, have a jerk tenderloin on the smoker. 
Had to haul ### and run the grill into the garage (raining hard enough here that patio umbrella wasn't cutting it) due to the cloudburst lol. Thank God for the service door and a ground level deck -- 2 steps.

I know. Couldn't even go check on the tenderloin due to the hail and rain. Was more worried the top of the smoker (WSM) was going to come through the window. It held strong even with deck chairs and umbrellas in the yard. 

Anyway, onto that Grapefruit Sculpin. 

Last straggler -- BrickStone HopSkip. Continuing forward will involve a bomber -- eyeing my last Four Fathers Demon Core @ 13% -- would be a spectacularly bad idea at this point. Lulz.

Wingnut said:
Osaurus said:
Coppertail Purple Drink.  They have the best sours in the Tampa area hands down IMO.
That is insanely good, was sooo disappointed that he wouldn't give us some to go...although we did talk him into a few others that aren't supposed to be to go :)

ditka311 said:
Joe Bryant said:

Looking for the unlike button...
:goodposting: For me weekend nights Fri-Sun are typically 4-8 and M-Th is 1 or 2.

Hey Guys. Going to be in the Hilton Head, South Carolina area this summer. Any notable beers I might try to seek out? Especially in the NE Style IPA class? I read one of the brewers at https://www.hhbrewingco.com/beer  had worked at Trillium and was trying to steer some beers that direction. 

Other beers to try I might find in stores? How about worth traveling to a brewery for?

Thanks.
Westbrook Gose

Sho Nuff!

Ok...not actually drinking that tonight...just loved that my name is a beer.

Been starting to get into some new beers after about a year or two drinking mostly bourbon.

Im not an IPA guy...love most german options, or belgian white types (but not a fan of blue moon).  Bells Oberon Ale is a favorite when I can get it.  I do like guiness types and pretty heavy stouts sometimes...but not really for summer.

Any ideas for something new?

Sho Nuff!

Been starting to get into some new beers after about a year or two drinking mostly bourbon.

Im not an IPA guy...love most german options, or belgian white types (but not a fan of blue moon).  Bells Oberon Ale is a favorite when I can get it.  I do like guiness types and pretty heavy stouts sometimes...but not really for summer.

I'd say try some sours but not sure you'd like it

sho nuff said:
Sho Nuff!

Yeah.  Change your name.

Coast Boy King.    Beer Advocate has it at 95 and World Class. I know maybe it's sacrilege but I think I just don't like double IPAs that much. I think I like Hop Art by Coast better. :shrug:
I like IPAs and Pale Ales more than DIPAs in general. Once the ABV is close to 9% (and higher), they have too much sweetness for my taste.

sho nuff said:
Im always willing to try.  Someone recommended a Gose to me that I have not tried yet.

I don't totally hate IPAs...just one here and there.  
You're in Tennessee right? I'm a big fan of Bearded Iris and Southern Grist breweries.

Also second the recommendation on the saison style -- personal favorite of mine.

Thanks Guys. The local groups are helpful. I mean it's cool to know what Treehouse or Trillium are doing, but I've only been able to have about a dozen of their beers over the years from friends nice enough to send them to me. Living in Tennessee, I'm not getting there. But what I'm looking for is more local info and things like hearing about my now favorite local brewery, Bearded Iris in Nasvhille that I can have access too. Looking to find more of that type info and I've found a few FB groups that I think will help there. Thanks. 
Nashville Beer Geek FB Page - we have a similar page in South Louisiana, and you'll get a lot of good info (I'm sure there are more that are similar).  A lot of times, the brewers/owners of the breweries are on these pages and interact, answer questions, etc.

We went to every brewery imaginable on our trip to Nashville a few weeks ago.  Bearded Iris was excellent

And that to me is one of the biggest obstacles for the brewery business. Expectations are incredibly high. AND there are a zillion companies doing the same thing. I know it's super romantic and the margins can be good to own a brewery but I have to think there's a bubble bursting coming. I just don't know how tons of these new ones will survive. 
You have to know the laws as well extremely well.  At least here in NOLA, there are all sorts of qualifcations on selling your beer, selling food at your brewery, distributing, etc. that can be roadblocks or opportunities depending upon how you execute.  One of our newest breweries, Urban South, had canning equipment and distribution lined up from day one.  So it was risky in case it didn't work, but they were able to get the product out to the "masses" before testing in on a smaller scale.....and it worked.

Dry hopped a Pliney the Elder Clone yesterday.  Super happy with the color when I was transferring it from the primary fermentation bucket.  Should be ready for draft day in a month or so

You're in Tennessee right? I'm a big fan of Bearded Iris and Southern Grist breweries.

Also second the recommendation on the saison style -- personal favorite of mine.
Yes, I live in Knoxville. I too am a big fan of Bearded Iris and have been able to be at the brewery / tasting room a few times. It's super sweet. They did a really nice job with it and they're growing fast. I've not had anything from Southern Grist. I'll check them out. Thanks. 

sho nuff said:
Sho Nuff!

St. Bernardus makes a terrific white, but it can be a little harder to find.  Heck, if you haven't tried it, the Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat is a solid widely available commercial brew I think you'd like.

Since you already like the Guinness line, have you tried their Irish Wheat?  It's my current favorite "after mowing the lawn" summer brew

Users who are viewing this thread