What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (6 Viewers)

I'll be honest, thought this was kind of meh. The Memes on the other hand....
Yeah, either Memes beer would have been the first choice, but they were gone except on tap with no growler fills, so I didn't drive down to Dyer and settled for this one at the beer store. Rated over 4 on BA, so we'll see tonight. Supposedly doesn't have the NE mouthfeel but is a major Citra bomb, which would work for me.

Two if by Citra is good IMO -- not a NE IPA at all except for the low bitterness, but still a pretty good Citra IPA. Don't know that I'd buy it again given the competition in that price range (Todd / Transient /  Bare Hands DIPAs / 18th Street Shadows series), but it's a good beer.

Two if by Citra is good IMO -- not a NE IPA at all except for the low bitterness, but still a pretty good Citra IPA. Don't know that I'd buy it again given the competition in that price range (Todd / Transient /  Bare Hands DIPAs / 18th Street Shadows series), but it's a good beer.
How much was it for the 4 pack? 

Trip planned for Las Vegas. Any beer related must dos?
There is a really awesome bottle shop a few miles off the strip called Khourey's. Killer selection and great prices. They also have some taps and full liquor. Most vegas trips aren't about to-go purchases, but that place was a god send when we did an air bnb mansion bachelor party weekend. 

Speaking of bachelor parties... I'm off to Austin in the am. Going to Jester King Friday! 
Let me know what you think Sebowski. I was there in the Spring. Cool place. The owner gave the small group tour. Definitely a different style than most breweries. 

Liberty Street Wrath of Aquarius: Double Rice IPA with an experimental Michigan hop. It's very good. Liberty Street is a pretty average brewery and this is one of their better beers I've had.

Cross Eyed Stranger. Collab between Devils Backbone and Ocelot. With apologies to Sebowski, not my favorite. I think both breweries make better IPAs on their own.

Don Quixote said:
Cross Eyed Stranger. Collab between Devils Backbone and Ocelot. With apologies to Sebowski, not my favorite. I think both breweries make better IPAs on their own.
I didn't like it either. And it's either 4 months old right or they DB brewed it again.  

I'm bracing for a hail of empty beer cans to be thrown at me, but is Hamm's the best cheap beer out there?  Tried it for the first time in my life and I gotta say it's not bad.  Doesn't have that after taste that the mass produced cheap beers have.  Kinda smooth actually.  At 30 cans for 10 bucks, can't beat the price.

What's your favorite "go-to" cheap brew?

Went to 7venth Sun's grand opening of their new location in Seminole Heights (Tampa)...great huge space and lots of great beer on tap. I wish I could have stayed longer, it was packed and hot as balls and we only had about an couple of hours...this place is gonna be my new home away from home being 30 minutes away and right around the corner from Angry Chair. Beers I had:

7 Things I Hate About You (cycle collab) IPA with 7 hops and 7 grains

Ridin The Wake - Dragonfruit passionfruit berliner

Pink Balloons - Raspberry Lemon berliner

Do You Even Sudachi Bro? - berliner with sudachi fruit

Intergalactic (collab w/ buddy brew) session IPA w/ethiopian coffee

Mangrove DIPA

Project Popsicle - IPA with Idaho 7 hops

All the Berliners were ridiculous, and the IPAs were all pretty good.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm bracing for a hail of empty beer cans to be thrown at me, but is Hamm's the best cheap beer out there?  Tried it for the first time in my life and I gotta say it's not bad.  Doesn't have that after taste that the mass produced cheap beers have.  Kinda smooth actually.  At 30 cans for 10 bucks, can't beat the price.

Does Labatt Blue count?   If not Strohs for me

Not sure if it's cheap but probably Dos Equis. Or Miller Lite I guess.  

ditka311 said:
Not sure if it's cheap but probably Dos Equis. Or Miller Lite I guess.  
Over the last year or so I've consistently seen Dos Equis at around $11.99 for a twelve pack.  A dollar a bottle is a nice buy, and right in the Leinenkugel's sweet spot.  At a casual glance, I'm not seeing a lot of truly "cheap" packaged beers out there.  Milwaukee's Best Ice, JW Dundee's Honey Brown, Keystone....things like that. Sounds like a good idea for a cornhole... "Bad Beer Fest"

Two Saturdays ago I was travelling from central PA to VA along 81 south.  I stopped for gas and lunch at a Sheetz in VA.  They had a walk in cooler at this Sheetz with beer.  We don't see beer in convenience stores often in PA (although it is starting to happen recently) so my interest was piqued.  They had some local VA beers including Devil's Backbone Vienna Lager.  Vienna Lager is one of my favorite styles of beer and I really wanted to try it, but I had a long drive home and didn't have a cooler with me.

Fast forward to last night... I was eating dinner at a local golf course and a representative for Devil's Backbone brewery was at the restaurant giving samples of the Vienna Lager.  It was excellent.  He said they are going to be selling bottles in the PA market so they were sending kegs to a few local restaurants to get samples out to the market.  If you ever run into it, I would definitely recommend it.

Two Saturdays ago I was travelling from central PA to VA along 81 south.  I stopped for gas and lunch at a Sheetz in VA.  They had a walk in cooler at this Sheetz with beer.  We don't see beer in convenience stores often in PA (although it is starting to happen recently) so my interest was piqued.  They had some local VA beers including Devil's Backbone Vienna Lager.  Vienna Lager is one of my favorite styles of beer and I really wanted to try it, but I had a long drive home and didn't have a cooler with me.

Fast forward to last night... I was eating dinner at a local golf course and a representative for Devil's Backbone brewery was at the restaurant giving samples of the Vienna Lager.  It was excellent.  He said they are going to be selling bottles in the PA market so they were sending kegs to a few local restaurants to get samples out to the market.  If you ever run into it, I would definitely recommend it.
I think it's already in PA.  Definitely seen a few DB beers.

Users who are viewing this thread