What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (4 Viewers)

Liberty Street Table54 NE IPA. Well done, it's got the right look and mouthfeel but it's not juicy but a real hop bomb. It was nice. 

I think at this point I'm done with 18th Street. Their regular beers are meh and the others are pricey as hell. It's a shame because I really used to like them. 

First relatively chilly day of the late-summer, a rare free Saturday night, Alabama/Florida State on the TV, let's open a Hoppin Frog BA DORIS - whiskey barrel imperial stout

Steve Tasker said:
First relatively chilly day of the late-summer, a rare free Saturday night, Alabama/Florida State on the TV, let's open a Hoppin Frog BA DORIS - whiskey barrel imperial stout
That was the worst game ever.

-FSU alum

I think at this point I'm done with 18th Street. Their regular beers are meh and the others are pricey as hell. It's a shame because I really used to like them. 
Agree that the Shadows / DDH stuff is too pricey for the most part (although Chasing Paper was only $14 / 4 pints). I've been waiting for Under Crown and Villain, which are fine at $13 or $14 / 6 pack, but no luck on those lately. I still drink a lot of Candi Crushable ($11 / 4 pints) but that's similar to Fox & Goat so you should prolly avoid.

Been drinking a bunch of Windmill lately -- a buddy hooked me up with a can of Memes and the Giant Peach and it was off the charts delicious.

Agree that the Shadows / DDH stuff is too pricey for the most part (although Chasing Paper was only $14 / 4 pints). I've been waiting for Under Crown and Villain, which are fine at $13 or $14 / 6 pack, but no luck on those lately. I still drink a lot of Candi Crushable ($11 / 4 pints) but that's similar to Fox & Goat so you should prolly avoid.

Been drinking a bunch of Windmill lately -- a buddy hooked me up with a can of Memes and the Giant Peach and it was off the charts delicious.
Forgot about Undercrown. That one is awesome. 

Honestly, it wasn't bad. I have hop fatigue or something. Might need to take a break since everything tastes the same these days. 

Dial up the red wine thread!
Me too -- I've been going with more balanced stuff lately as opposed to straight hop bombs. Cool weather = malty beer season for me.

Forgot about Undercrown. That one is awesome. 
If they ever make it again lol. Wish they'd just crank out the standard lineup of UC, Villain, Cone Crusher regularly and just do the $20 #hazebro every once in a while. They're doing the opposite with a new DDH one off every week. The beers have been awesome mostly, but too expensive and that stuff doesn't hit distro as much, which makes it a PITA to get.

And just like that 18th Street releases a new NE mosaic DDH DIPA @ $17 / 4 -- and my happy ### will probably be there tomorrow at lunch buying some.  :bag:  Hard to resist DDH mosaic...

Keeping things light to start: Windmill Fakie and Four Fathers Crystal Gravy. Founders ReDANKulous and then FFF Battle of Charro II ready for later.

Coeur de Lion said:
If they ever make it again lol. Wish they'd just crank out the standard lineup of UC, Villain, Cone Crusher regularly and just do the $20 #hazebro every once in a while. They're doing the opposite with a new DDH one off every week. The beers have been awesome mostly, but too expensive and that stuff doesn't hit distro as much, which makes it a PITA to get.
Reckless Keystrokes was admittedly awesome. 

On to ReDANKulous. Sloppy drunkeness approaching lol. Waiting for a window in between rain squalls so I don't have to pull the grill into the garage. Jerk wings were off the charts good -- fed a pack of pre-teen neighborhood girls; they were sweating and complaining but kept grabbing more. 6 pounds of wings demolished, had to send them home as I'm not feeding that many kids prime steak lol...

Gun Hill Citrea was the opening act this afternoon. Followed by a Sip of Sunshine. Seemed appropriate for the last official summer day. Night cap will likely be some Focal Banger. Ended up being a perfect day in these parts. Sunny and all around awesome.

Full blown poor judgement time is upon us. 1st bomber of FF Demon Core (13% Trilple Brett IPA) gone (and hot damn, BTW), cracking a bomber of 10.7% FF BA Wheelhouse now (coffee imperial stout. LOL. Work tomorrow is gonna = teh suck...

Last edited by a moderator:
Full blown poor judgement time is upon us. 1st bomber of FF Demon Core (13% Trilple Brett IPA) gone (and hot damn, BTW), cracking a bomber of 10.7% FF BA Wheelhouse now (coffee imperial stout. LOL. Work tomorrow is gonna = teh suck...
It's only 8:30. Plenty of time to have another and recoup. 

Fresh triple IPA. No thanks. Waaaaaay too sweet. 

Mikerphone Poetic Hustler Nelson DDH IPA. Outstanding. 

Keeping the Nelsonish theme going with Vallejo. 

Above beers. Plus Maplewood Son of Juice and 18th Street Candi Crushable. Wings (Walkerswood jerk and pork barrel  BBQ) about to come off teh smoker, oraganic natural casing dogs from my local guy about to go on. Gorgeous night here in Chicagoland...

Above beers. Plus Maplewood Son of Juice and 18th Street Candi Crushable. Wings (Walkerswood jerk and pork barrel  BBQ) about to come off teh smoker, oraganic natural casing dogs from my local guy about to go on. Gorgeous night here in Chicagoland...
Throwing jerk wings on tomorrow for the Bears "game" tomorrow. 

Nothing fancy for me. Marshmallow Handjee. Or Two Hearted. I forget. 

Users who are viewing this thread