What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (3 Viewers)

I think you'll like it.

I went with a Half Acre Senita IPA (formerly Heyoka)...wow I really like this one a lot. Juicy and dank. This would definitely be in my rotation if it was available locally. Love the hops in this one. Great beer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hardywood Bourbon Barrel Barleywine Ale. Local Virginia brewery. Good stuff.
Hardywood is a great brewery. I love their bourbon barrel porter. There is a Northern Virginia Brewery opening in about 4 weeks that I am really excited about...
I'll have to look for their porter. Also bought their Raspberry Stout today, but haven't opened it yet.

Looking forward to checking out the new one.

On my way to get some Ballast Point Grapefruit and Habenero Sculpin IPA. Going to be a good night.
Well it took two stops but I got em. Just had the grapefruit thought it was great.

Aldo picked up Dogfish Head 90 IPA and Stone Ruination IPA. Enjoying the Stone now damn it's good.

Tampa Bay Beer Week is underway...I've got family visiting later this month so I can't take much time off before then...I figured I could make one event. I picked this one:

Funky Buddha Prelaunch Kickoff: Wed March 11

Join us at Cigar City Cider and Mead for a prelaunch kickoff of Funky Buddha Brewery in Tampa!

Well have draft including the below starting at 7pm. Part of Tampa Bay Beer Week.

Key Lime Berlinerweiss

Maple Bacon Coffee Porter

Mojito Blonde

More Moro Blood Orange IPA

Last Snow Coconut & Coffee Porter

Fire in the Hole

Pineapple Hop Gun IPA

Up Pip's Kriek

Small Axe Big IPA

Hop Gun IPA

Crusher Session IPA

On Top Blonde

Floridian

OP Porter

No Crusts

Randy's Old Fashioned

Looking forward to this. To be able to try the MBCO, No Crusts, and Pineapple Hop Gun alone will worth the trip.

Wingnut said:
Tampa Bay Beer Week is underway...I've got family visiting later this month so I can't take much time off before then...I figured I could make one event. I picked this one:

Funky Buddha Prelaunch Kickoff: Wed March 11

Join us at Cigar City Cider and Mead for a prelaunch kickoff of Funky Buddha Brewery in Tampa!

Well have draft including the below starting at 7pm. Part of Tampa Bay Beer Week.

Key Lime Berlinerweiss

Maple Bacon Coffee Porter

Mojito Blonde

More Moro Blood Orange IPA

Last Snow Coconut & Coffee Porter

Fire in the Hole

Pineapple Hop Gun IPA

Up Pip's Kriek

Small Axe Big IPA

Hop Gun IPA

Crusher Session IPA

On Top Blonde

Floridian

OP Porter

No Crusts

Randy's Old Fashioned

Looking forward to this. To be able to try the MBCO, No Crusts, and Pineapple Hop Gun alone will worth the trip.
Wife would love that one. The pineapple hop gun sounds good as does the blood orange IPA

Highland brewing company, black mocha stout. Outstanding. The whole variety pack has been delicious.

The Maple Bacon Coffee Porter is the main one I can't wait to try. Its the #3 porter right now on BA, ahead of Last Snow and Victory at Sea.

The Maple Bacon Coffee Porter is the main one I can't wait to try. Its the #3 porter right now on BA, ahead of Last Snow and Victory at Sea.
You try Victory yet? Last Snow is being consumed right now, tough call on which is better between it and Victory. Great porter, thanks GB!!

Not yet, will try to in the next day or two, but with work I might not be able to drink til Friday...other than Wed night in Tampa...lol

Having the Ballast Point Victory at Sea now, courtesy of Hawks.

Its pretty damn good. I like it almost as much as Last Snow. Great porter. I think the 10% ABV is what knocks it down a slight notch for me, I'm not a fan of feeling alcohol heat in beer...not that this has a lot, but I can feel the heat a tad.

I'm just now starting to like coffee flavors in beers. Ive still never met an Imperial Stout I like, but I'll buy this when it becomes available locally. Thanks, bruddah!

Edit: as this Porter warms it gets smoother and taster. The coffee is strong with this one.

Trying to decide if I can swing a trip to Rapp Monday afternoon for the Gose bottle release...only 40 cases bottled (is there 6 or 12 750ml in a case?) so it is extremely limited...I could probably get 3 bottles, of which I could trade one or two...but I'm going to the Funky Buddha kickoff Wednesday and really shouldn't do both...dammit I have no discipline. Its friggin beer week, so I should just suck it up and go to both.

Dammit.

Finishing the morning with a East Clintwood (thanks to Hawks). Solid APAs aren't talked about much, but this one is super solid. In fact, it's as good as Maine Beer Co's Mo, IMO.

This is why trading rules - the hidden gems you can find are awesome.

Wingnut said:
Finishing the morning with a East Clintwood (thanks to Hawks). Solid APAs aren't talked about much, but this one is super solid. In fact, it's as good as Maine Beer Co's Mo, IMO.

This is why trading rules - the hidden gems you can find are awesome.
Glad you like that one! I have now finished all of my FL beer :kicksrock:

Sebow, when does your brewery open? Any updates or pics??
First new day was yesterday. 14hrs all told at the brewery yesterday. Celebrated with my last Bourbon County Rare and Nelson. The rarest beer I own, and the greatest beer I own.

2nd brew day going on right now. Much smoother. Should be pouring these first batches as a soft opening in 3-4 weeks. Big grand opening party in May.

First new day was yesterday. 14hrs all told at the brewery yesterday. Celebrated with my last Bourbon County Rare and Nelson. The rarest beer I own, and the greatest beer I own.

2nd brew day going on right now. Much smoother. Should be pouring these first batches as a soft opening in 3-4 weeks. Big grand opening party in May.
Where is the brewery again? I know it was posted but I can't remember.

is there a brewfest thread? With a brewfest almost every month between now and forever (NorCal) I'm sure more than a few fbg's will be at the same one, mini meetup?

Kind of disappointed that there will only be 22 participating brewers, usually there are 30+ at this one, but that is still a ####load of beer considering they usually each bring at least 3 different types. This year I'm going to try and make it past the first hour without being completely ####faced....

http://www.fairfaxbrewfest.com/

Where is the brewery again? I know it was posted but I can't remember.
Dulles, VA

Lots of Guinness, English bitters, cask ales and pales.......not complaining, but I'm missing my American hops.

Half Acre Senita IPA. Man I love this beer. I'd drink this regularly if I could get it here. Nice pick, Hawks. I wouldn't have thought about it if you didn't recommend it.

:banned:

Sebowski said:
palmersteel said:

Nice! Congrats man! Wishing you much success.

How was the Rare?

Sebowski said:
palmersteel said:

Nice! Congrats man! Wishing you much success.

How was the Rare?
It was fantastic. I kept it refrigerated since release. It was better than the last time I had it a year or so ago when I thought it was falling off.

I just personally milled 1,475 lbs of grain for our DIPA. 25 lbs shy of 3/4 of a ton. whew. Is it too early for a beer?

At Coppertail, doing some sampling:

Lingonberry Florida Weiss

Dragonberry Acai FL Weiss

Boysenberry FL Weiss

Citrus IPA (orange & grapefruit)

About to head to Cigar City Cider & Mead for the Funky Buddha bash

Users who are viewing this thread