What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (1 Viewer)

Ocelot Neverending Maze.

I was out shopping for baby cribs at a couple of places close to Ocelot for a few hours this afternoon. I needed some beer after that; so, I decided to hop in there. I had a glass of Watch Me Disappear while watching the end of the Redskins game, and then got a growler of Neverending Maze (that I've since learned was filled by Sebowski) to go.

Good beer and nice space. Need to get back again.

Had a few over the weekend all very good to excellent!

Coronado 19th Anniversary Imperial IPA

Trillium Congress Street

Maplewood The Charlatan

Almanac IPA

Crowler of Crank. The more I drink this last batch, the more it reminds me of Trillium hops. This may be the best Crank yet. A little different than before, but I think it might actually be better. I always thought it could use a tad more hop bitterness/dankness, and now it has it. That, and the fact that it went from 6% ABV to 7% recently, this beer is now on the level of some of the greats from New England IMO.

Crowler of Crank. The more I drink this last batch, the more it reminds me of Trillium hops. This may be the best Crank yet. A little different than before, but I think it might actually be better. I always thought it could use a tad more hop bitterness/dankness, and now it has it. That, and the fact that it went from 6% ABV to 7% recently, this beer is now on the level of some of the greats from New England IMO.
:excited: :hey:

:lol:

Ill send some in the next box. Youre gonna love it. If I can get more Home Alone 2 Ill grab some of that too. Those 2 beers make me never wanna drink Jai Alai again. lol...Well, not really, but kinda. Cycle is really ramping up their IPA game. Read this cool interview the other day with Doug (from last December) where he said one of his most recent influences was Shaun Hill from Hill Farmstead....and I think its starting to show in his beers. Interesting that most of his IPAs showcase a single hop.

http://www.craftcommander.com/10-questions/2014/12/22/doug-dozark-founderbrewer-at-cycle-brewing

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol:

Ill send some in the next box. Youre gonna love it. If I can get more Home Alone 2 Ill grab some of that too. Those 2 beers make me never wanna drink Jai Alai again. lol...Well, not really, but kinda. Cycle is really ramping up their IPA game. Read this cool interview the other day with Doug (from last December) where he said one of his most recent influences was Shaun Hill from Hill Farmstead....and I think its starting to show in his beers. Interesting that most of his IPAs showcase a single hop.

http://www.craftcommander.com/10-questions/2014/12/22/doug-dozark-founderbrewer-at-cycle-brewing
Yeah I need to get out your box...hoping tomorrow might be Weds. It's a small one though :kicksrock:

Pfffft. Small, schmall. Any amount of beer is good.

And Im in the money in all 3 Daily Fantasy Sports leagues. Not big money, but money to play another week. :banned:

Surly Wet is a good simcoe blast, but not worth the crazy price, even with the groupon knocking $7.50 off a 4 pk for me. More power to ya Surly gettin $18.50 with a one 4 pk per person limit.

I've had some really great beers over the past few days:

Firestone Walker Anniversary XVIII (Just ridiculously good with unparalleled complexity from the blend of various barrel-aged beers, especially with the plurality of the blend being Parabola)

Casey Family Preserves Montmorency Cherry (delicious blend of sweet and sour cherries, vanilla, oak, and lemon)

Fremont Bourbon Barrel-aged Dark Star imperial oatmeal stout (I had not tried many Fremont barrel-aged beers prior to GABF week this year, but they have quickly jumped into one of my favorite barrel programs in the country - their barrel-aged stuff is incredible)

Alpine Nelson IPA (bottles are hitting the shelves in Denver - I'm guessing it is probably Green Flash-brewed Nelson, but it was still delicious)

Evil Twin Imperial Biscotti Break

Black Shirt Whiskey Barrel-Aged Coffee Red Quad (incredible blend of caramel, coffee, whiskey, oak, and dark fruit flavors)

Squatters Hop Rising imperial IPA (I'm pretty sure this is the best readily available beer in Utah if you are lucky enough to find a place that serves bottles rather than their sub-4% ABV draft options)

I also got some exciting beer trade mail today:

Wicked Weed Medora sour ale with blackberries and raspberries

Wicked Weed Black Angel dark sour ale aged in bourbon barrels with tart cherries

Wicked Weed La Bonte tart farmhouse ale with figs

I know nobody here gives a ####, but is there any chance this InBev/MillerCoors merger actually passes anti-trust scrutiny?

I don't know the exact market shares, but this would mean, what, 9.5 out of every 10 beers and every single beer of the most popular style sold in the U.S. would come from the same company?

About to head to St Pete for the Shelton Bros festival. Some breweries Im looking forward to:

Cantillon

Sante Adarius

Side Project

Pretty Things

Faction

Grimm Artisan Ales

Hill Farmstead

Westvleteren (12)

Tree House dropped out of the fest for some reason :kicksrock:

About to head to St Pete for the Shelton Bros festival. Some breweries Im looking forward to:

Cantillon

Sante Adarius

Side Project

Pretty Things

Faction

Grimm Artisan Ales

Hill Farmstead

Westvleteren (12)

That looks like an awesome event. The beer list has a ton of stuff that I've never had before from great breweries. Have fun and let us know your standout beers of the event!

Surly Wet. Meh in every sense. I actually feel upset at paying $18 for something that tastes like MGD.
Do you like wet hopped beers typically?
I do so I was hopeful. Just found it lacking is all. I like Broodoo a lot and although I thought Founders was a little odd last year, looking forward to it. Just had Hailstorm's harvest last weekend and that was really good too. I think the $18 price point added to my disappointment.

Cantillon

Sante Adarius

Side Project

Pretty Things

Faction

Grimm Artisan Ales

Hill Farmstead

Westvleteren (12)

Wow. This looks awesome.

If you get a chance, let me know what you think of 18th Street. They are doing some good things out of Gary, IN.

Surly Wet. Meh in every sense. I actually feel upset at paying $18 for something that tastes like MGD.
I do so I was hopeful. Just found it lacking is all. I like Broodoo a lot and although I thought Founders was a little odd last year, looking forward to it. Just had Hailstorm's harvest last weekend and that was really good too.I think the $18 price point added to my disappointment.
Cool thanks, I may avoid that then. Todd was worth it 10000% Is Hailstorm bottling theirs?

Holy crap....just left the fest after 2 hours of non stop insanity...will update later...drank a plethora of great beers.

Holy crap....just left the fest after 2 hours of non stop insanity...will update later...drank a plethora of great beers.
Why only 2 hours?!?!?!
Cuz the pours were huge...and I planned in heading out by 9pm anyway before the event let out.An interesting note...got confirmation from Cycle that they "tinkered with the hop bill" on Crank...and it should be this way going forward...had a couple pours and I gotta say, I LOVE it. SO dank and hoppy now...I asked about Hammer IPA, which was my 2nd favorite Cycle IPA after Crank and was told its prob not gonna be brewed again...but that's OK, I think Home Alone 2 (which I picked up 2 Crowlers of on the way to the fest) is a superior Mosaic IPA anyway.

This was my first beer festival...I think I did good on putting the brakes on my consumption...lots of hot wimmens, if I wasn't heading back to LTown tonight I might have laid some game down. Lol

Funky Buddha gets the sh## show award...they JUST started pouring because of who-knows-why...strawberry basil beer is flowing but the Morning Wood is having problems...the line is 100 deep easy, while Cantillon has maybe 8 people in line...having one last gulp and heading out (I went back in when I heard FB was finally pouring)

Side note: its absolutely gorgeous in St Pete tonight...72 degrees, clear, light breeze right now.

Hawks64 said:
ditka311 said:
Hawks64 said:
I do so I was hopeful. Just found it lacking is all. I like Broodoo a lot and although I thought Founders was a little odd last year, looking forward to it. Just had Hailstorm's harvest last weekend and that was really good too.I think the $18 price point added to my disappointment.
Cool thanks, I may avoid that then. Todd was worth it 10000% Is Hailstorm bottling theirs?
It was only on tap when I was there last weekend. They use mosaic which was a bonus for me.

Todd the axe man was worth the premium for sure.

Why only 2 hours?!?!?!
Cuz the pours were huge...and I planned in heading out by 9pm anyway before the event let out.An interesting note...got confirmation from Cycle that they "tinkered with the hop bill" on Crank...and it should be this way going forward...had a couple pours and I gotta say, I LOVE it. SO dank and hoppy now...I asked about Hammer IPA, which was my 2nd favorite Cycle IPA after Crank and was told its prob not gonna be brewed again...but that's OK, I think Home Alone 2 (which I picked up 2 Crowlers of on the way to the fest) is a superior Mosaic IPA anyway.

This was my first beer festival...I think I did good on putting the brakes on my consumption...lots of hot wimmens, if I wasn't heading back to LTown tonight I might have laid some game down. Lol
Sounds awesome GB!

Funky Buddha gets the sh## show award...they JUST started pouring because of who-knows-why...strawberry basil beer is flowing but the Morning Wood is having problems...the line is 100 deep easy, while Cantillon has maybe 8 people in line...having one last gulp and heading out (I went back in when I heard FB was finally pouring)

Side note: its absolutely gorgeous in St Pete tonight...72 degrees, clear, light breeze right now.
It's like 40 something right now here. #### this ####.

Hawks64 said:
ditka311 said:
Hawks64 said:
It was only on tap when I was there last weekend. They use mosaic which was a bonus for me.

Todd the axe man was worth the premium for sure.
Mosaic is one of my favorites...yum!

#### that #### is right. We've had lows in the mid to high 60s that past few nights...this is the best damn time of year in FL.

#### that #### is right. We've had lows in the mid to high 60s that past few nights...this is the best damn time of year in FL.
Supposed to hit the 30s maybe 20s tonight. Had to turn the heat on today. Hate this ####....need to get down by you man.

Debating if I wanna crack a Crank growler...I took a bong hit when I got home, so it might not be a good idea.

Finally got around to trying FFF Pear Bear -- very good. Huge juicy pear / Granny Smith Apple. Sour as hell but not a lactic acid bomb like their prior attempts. Balanced and drinkable -- definitely recommend it!

A few standouts from the festival (I didnt keep track of what I had but I remember all of these)

All the Cantillons (kriek, vigneronne, bag-in-box gueuze year 1, 2, and 3)

All the Drie Fonteinen (2001 gueuze, 2014 gueuze, Oude kriek)

Sante Adarius Appreciation

't Hofbrouwerijke Flower Sour Ale

Grimm Pulse Wave DIPA

Grimm Phychokinesis

Dieu du Ciel L'Exorciste

Beachwood Hop Ramen

Fonta Flora Meemaw Cherry Wild Ale

I probably tried about 25 other beers. There was another IPA and DIPA I really liked but cant remember what they were right now.

oskar blues ten fidy stout. got a 96 on ba. really liked it. ranks right behind yeti and victory at sea for me.

also tried a sierra nevada narwhal stout. pretty good as well.

Users who are viewing this thread