What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (3 Viewers)

Probably drinking crappy American lager with tons of green food coloring in it. I guess it's tradition. Bring on the green beer $hit$.

ditka311 said:
Hawks64 said:
Went to a beer tasting/festival at our local liquor store, had 31/32 brewers there and it was free! Half Acre was there and was being staffed by an actual Half Acre employee...they have a new IPA coming out just as Senita goes out of production. It's called Vallejo (sp?) and will feature Nelson as the prominent hop. :wub: Can't. Freaking. Wait.

Also picked up:

3Fs Dreadnaught

3Fs Live a Rich Life

3Fs Zombie Dust

Senita

Lagunitas High Westified Imperial Coffee Stout

PW Da Fuzz

PW The Money
Vallejo isn't new. Picked it up last year around this time. I cant see them axing Senita but it is a seasonal. I asked them last year about Heyoka at the time and they told me it was done until fall. Do you know if they are canning Vallejo? Last year it was growlers and bombers from the brewpub.

They also have a black ipa called Lead Feather out or coming out soon. In cans.

How is Da Fuzz?
This chick told me Vallejo was new so not really sure what she was talking about, and sorry if I didn't make it clear but was referring to Senita going dormant for the summer not gone forever. I tried the Lead Feather, it's a Black Ale but it drinks like a stout, very good IMO. Haven't had Da Fuzz yet, likely tomorrow. Just got back from Piece, no CamelToe :kicksrock: but they had Senita on tap so that was an excellent replacement!

Last edited by a moderator:
I had some great beers on tap at a great restaurant called the Populist in Denver last night:

Russian River Consecration

Hop Concept Dank and Sticky imperial IPA

The Hop Concept Dank and Stick was great. It's a side project of Port and it lived up to the name -- super dank, piney, and resinous.

The Consecration was of course awesome as well.

Had a stout tasting at beer club on Wednesday, a few pours of BCS :bag: Also my first few Flying Bison Blackbird Stouts of the year. It was a long Thursday.

Coco loco this evening.

Also triple c pretzel chocolate stout bourbon barrel.

Good, but I am not a hard alcohol guy and it was a bit too bourbon taste for me.

Surprisingly the wife who doesn't drink said that it smelled really good and had a small glass of it and liked it. Then proceeds to say she's buzzed and goes to bed :-)

Leaving Cologne after 8 days of Kolsch. Looking forward to a Tipa / dipa/ iipa when home.

Or maybe detox for a week

Kinda wish I was in Tampa...Cigar City is selling cans of Heady Topper for $5, for on site consumption only, and Coppertail just tapped Funky Buddha Last Snow.

ETA: screw it, I gotta get work supplies anyway, and I can stop for some BBQ while I'm over there.

:banned:

I've figured out FL DIPAs...we don't care much for malt in the sunshine state...its all about hops - grassy, green, bright, tropical hops. Malt weighs a beer down, ain't nobody got time for that here. So while our DIPAs aren't very balanced, they're that way for a reason...and I now embrace it.

Eta: except for Florida Man...that's a pretty huge beer.

I've figured out FL DIPAs...we don't care much for malt in the sunshine state...its all about hops - grassy, green, bright, tropical hops. Malt weighs a beer down, ain't nobody got time for that here. So while our DIPAs aren't very balanced, they're that way for a reason...and I now embrace it.

That is the Southern California way. New England caught on a few years ago. We are going to bring it to Virginia. I came out with a tag for it (I'm sure someone out there has said it before, but it came to me in conversation), Perfectly Unbalanced.

That is the Southern California way. New England caught on a few years ago. We are going to bring it to Virginia. I came out with a tag for it (I'm sure someone out there has said it before, but it came to me in conversation), Perfectly Unbalanced.
:thumbup: I like it.You've got a big box of beer coming your way...watch for it by the weekend.

Having a Coppertail Unholy Trippel...you'd never know this beer was 9%.

Oh holy hell...The #1 ranked IPA on Beeradvocate is now available in cans.

http://i.imgur.com/qQD6V0o.jpg

Just texted my NE connection, and will have a 4 pack on the way very soon. Its been my #1 want (along with Hill Farmstead's Susan) for a loong time...can't wait to try it.

:pickle:

Spent the weekend at Huna Day in Tampa. Great freaking time. If you love craft beer, find a way to go. I guess it was a #### show last year, but it was pretty smooth this year in my opinion. Had a share with some friends the night before and had some insane beers, like Kentucky Brunch and Assassin from Toppling Goliath and two Upland lambics and other amazing stuff. Great time and well worth the money.

Drinking a draft of Toppling Goliath Pseudo Sue at the Brew Hub in Lakeland...and get this, they are brewing it here now!! They have a contract with TG ...which means I will have access to this beer regularly soon, including growlers.

This beer tastes like a hoppier but less fruity Crank.

Drinking a draft of Toppling Goliath Pseudo Sue at the Brew Hub in Lakeland...and get this, they are brewing it here now!! They have a contract with TG ...which means I will have access to this beer regularly soon, including growlers.

This beer tastes like a hoppier but less fruity Crank.
I've got some catching up to do on here but adding myself to trade list for more crank and pseudosue !!

So it seems the Toppling Goliath - Brew Hub contract has nothing to to with Mike leaving TG.

Florida is moving up the ranks in the craft world.

http://floridabeernews.com/2015/03/20/iowas-toppling-goliath-coming-to-florida/

Iowas Toppling Goliath coming to Florida

Posted March 20, 2015

Finding Iowas Toppling Goliath Brewery at a beer festival is usually pretty easy - find one of the longest lines. The brewery is growing in popularity and on the heels of a recent brewery expansion, the brewery is planning on expanding to Florida via Lakeland contract brewery, BrewHub.

According to sources at BrewHub, the Decorah, Iowa craft brewery will be expanding to Florida via contract brewing. Their beer is currently on tap at BrewHubs tasting room in Lakeland.

-Brew Hub will keg, bottle, label and ship Toppling Goliath through Florida.

-Brew Hub is selling pints on tap.

-Brew Hub will be selling bottles in their tap room.

-More news to be posted as it becomes available.

Friend of mine is going to Phoenix this week. Just read that Alpine made its way out there so hoping he can bring some back for me.

Besides that, are there any other breweries to try?

Friend of mine is going to Phoenix this week. Just read that Alpine made its way out there so hoping he can bring some back for me.

The Whole Foods in Chandler has a beer bar in the back with about 20 beers on tap. You can go buy prepared foods and eat while you drink.

At least that was the case about three years ago.

The Whole Foods in Chandler has a beer bar in the back with about 20 beers on tap. You can go buy prepared foods and eat while you drink.

This is what a beer geek friend sent me four years ago when I went to Phoenix. Not sure if it's still valid, but maybe it'll help with research.

Priority stops in tiers of quality:

Papago Brewing in Scottsdale

Whole Foods in Chandler (28 taps w/ great selection)

The Hungry Monk in Chandler

Flanny's in Tempe

Sun Devil Cellar and Pub at Sun Devil Liquors in Mesa

Taste of Tops at Tops Liquors in Tempe

Any of the Yardhouse chain locations in the area.

Four Peaks Brewing in Tempe

San Tan Brewing in Chandler

Sun Up Brewing in Phoenix

This is what a beer geek friend sent me four years ago when I went to Phoenix. Not sure if it's still valid, but maybe it'll help with research.

Priority stops in tiers of quality:

Papago Brewing in Scottsdale

Whole Foods in Chandler (28 taps w/ great selection)

The Hungry Monk in Chandler

Flanny's in Tempe

Sun Devil Cellar and Pub at Sun Devil Liquors in Mesa

Taste of Tops at Tops Liquors in Tempe

Any of the Yardhouse chain locations in the area.

Four Peaks Brewing in Tempe

San Tan Brewing in Chandler

Sun Up Brewing in Phoenix
Thanks. Will pass that on.

Back at Brew Hub for more Sue.
Sounds like a rough day...
I am so in heaven right now...although I actually had a flight of new stuff...they have a Berliner by Evil Twin that is pretty insane...only available in cans...I'm adding it to my trade stock.
May can't get here soon enough!
Have you ever had Sue?
Nope, nothing from Toppling Goliath. That will change in 2mths though!

Users who are viewing this thread