What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2015 College Football Thread *** (1 Viewer)

Memphis Foundry

The King of Wishful Thinking
Staff member
WHERE DID THIS THREAD GO!?!one!1!!

Hi y'all -- sorry for the trouble.

I've been researching how to make our forums faster and more responsive over the last month. The performance of our forums, though never particularly speedy, had become uniformly slow with occasional unpredictable and excruciating delays. So I asked the folks at Invision Power, the forum software's authors, to dig in and make some recommendations on how we can speed the site up.

They recommended a number of infrastructure and settings changes which we've implemented in this upgrade. More performance upgrades will be coming when Invision releases their 4.0 version later this year. But their most significant recommendation -- more important than all the others combined -- was that we needed to archive and reopen the board's largest, most trafficked, and most loved threads.

There are fifteen threads that account for over 845,000 of the board's 13,000,000 posts and they've been viewed nearly 13,000,000 times. These threads have grown so large and they are loaded so often that their performance impact on the board can't be properly normalized. This is one of those fifteen threads.

For now, we've moved these threads to a new forum called Archived Topics to isolate them from the most heavily-trafficked forums -- the FFA and Shark Pool -- and preserved them so that they cannot be replied to, edited, or deleted. The original threads remain searchable, and I've added a link below to the original version of this topic. Over the next couple of weeks, these threads will be converted into archived threads by the Invision Board aoftware and moved back to their original forum. After archiving, they will remain searchable and browsable.

If you are the Original Poster of one of these threads, I encourage you to start a new topic to be version 2.0 of your thread and PM me with the link. I will merge this post into your new topic and leave it pinned for a few weeks.

Peace.
*** Official 2015 College Football Thread ***:

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?/topic/639934-official-2015-college-football-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
After a second domestic violence arrest in as many years, Alabama DT Jonathan Taylor has been kicked off the team, the school announced Sunday. Taylor was arrested on two domestic violence charges Saturday.Taylor joined the Crimson Tide in January. He was dismissed from the Georgia football team after a felony domestic violence arrest last year.
Probably just a misunderstanding. Seems like a good guy.

:blackdot:

Finally found it....came to ask what the heck is going on in Alabama and also tell me about "satellite camps". Harbaugh seems to be getting the SEC coaches' collective panties in a bunch over them.

It has been a brutal stretch of injuries the last few days. Alabama has lost AShawn Robinson, Cam Sims, and Bo Scarborough to ACL injuries in Spring Practice.

It has been a brutal stretch of injuries the last few days. Alabama has lost AShawn Robinson, Cam Sims, and Bo Scarborough to ACL injuries in Spring Practice.
Between this, the domestic abuse issues, the drug issues and the DWI issues are they going to have enough to field a team??

I didn't realize it was happening this quickly, but schools are planning now to pay Cost of Attendance this Fall.

Capella said:
The Commish said:
This is much about nothing, but a 13-0 team being ranked 3 was ridiculous, even despite getting de-pantsed by Oregon. I do see their point about how you basically have to run the table to get in.Then again, the Big Ten was downish and OSU made it over a more highly perceived conference.
I thought they had a valid point/concern. :shrug:
Which is what?

Capella said:
The Commish said:
This is much about nothing, but a 13-0 team being ranked 3 was ridiculous, even despite getting de-pantsed by Oregon. I do see their point about how you basically have to run the table to get in.Then again, the Big Ten was downish and OSU made it over a more highly perceived conference.
Which is what?
The ACC's place among the power 5 conferences

Capella said:
The Commish said:
Which is what?
LOL you're still trying this Schtick?

Capella said:
The Commish said:
Which is what?
LOL you're still trying this Schtick?
WTF are you talking about?

Glad we have you guys to turn it around :lmao:

I thought it was an interesting article given all the whining around here in the FFA (granted, it's a tiny microcosm of the country) about how the ACC is on par with everyone else and not getting their fair shake by voters and media. The article seemed to back up that narrative. Guess I was wrong :shrug:

Glad we have you guys to turn it around :lmao:

I thought it was an interesting article given all the whining around here in the FFA (granted, it's a tiny microcosm of the country) about how the ACC is on par with everyone else and not getting their fair shake by voters and media. The article seemed to back up that narrative. Guess I was wrong :shrug:
Who here says the ACC isn't on par?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toasMKQ5ivc

At age 89, World War II veteran and former Kansas Jayhawks football player Bryan Sperry stole the show at a recent alumni flag football game.

Sperry got his hands on the football around the 37-yard line and started to make his way down the field. Thanks to some blocking by his teammates, he was able to make it all the way to the end zone.

This latest feat is just another chapter in Sperry's incredible story, which The Kansas City Star's Rustin Dodd detailed. Sperry played football at Kansas State when he was 17 years old. However, by the time he was 19, he was serving his country in World War II. After he returned from duty, he earned a spot on the Jayhawks football team and wound up playing in the 1948 Orange Bowl.
:thumbup: way cool

Not sure if any of you have been following the :hophead: going on in the CFB stratosphere, but it's been some of the most funny I've seen in a long time. Jim Harbaugh has really pissed off a lot of people with his "satellite camp" approach and the tour he's doing. So in response, he's invited everyone in the country to Michigan for a 'mega camp' of sorts. This spurned comments from conference commissioners forbidding their coaches from participating etc. This apparently has caught the attention of Emmert as he's putting this 'issue' on the docket for the NCAA to 'seriously consider'.

Well, now Delany is firing back to that response:

Delany says any national discussion about satellite camps should also include a look at oversigning, grayshirting & "flipping" recruits.

— Stewart Mandel (@slmandel) April 29, 2015
This has been one of the more fun off seasons I can remember. :lol:

@BruceFeldmanCFB: BREAKING Ex #NotreDame QB Everett Golson tells @FoxSports he will transfer to #FSU. Story coming soon.

Isn't Golson a senior? I thought he played his fresh, sophomore years, booted for junior year, now back for senior. I'm getting old....can't remember this crap anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread