What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ran a 10k - Official Thread (15 Viewers)

I am irrationally interested in the sub 2 thing if you haven’t noticed. Online Here to start at 2:15am eastern. I already have to be up for a run before a morning flight so I think I’ll be catching the last miles on the live stream around 3:30 or so.  Coffee pot set to stun strength.

Race well this weekend gents !

I am irrationally interested in the sub 2 thing if you haven’t noticed. Online Here to start at 2:15am eastern. I already have to be up for a run before a morning flight so I think I’ll be catching the last miles on the live stream around 3:30 or so.  Coffee pot set to stun strength.

Race well this weekend gents !
Gives me something to do at work tonight.  Any idea how long it should last?

Now that 2 has been broken, how long will it be before it starts getting routinely broken like the 4 minute mile?

Any chance I can convince seven other runners to do this for me tomorrow?

Robby Ketchell, a sports scientist and an expert in aerodynamics, who also consulted on Breaking2, told me that he decided to completely rethink how best to shield Kipchoge from the head wind created by running at thirteen miles per hour. Using software for computational flow dynamics, and his experience of working with the Ineos cycling team, he experimented with hundreds of different scenarios. Eventually, he hit on what he believes is the best design. “When you see how they’re going to run, you’d wonder how that would even work,” Ketchell told me this week. In brief, the idea is that the front V shape of five runners will create a wash of air that will flow around Kipchoge, and therefore reduce the drag on him. Two runners behind Kipchoge will provide what Ketchell calls “static pressure,” to push Kipchoge along; they will also help create the “optimal flow” around him.

Just ripping off 68.5 second 400m splits. 105 times in a row! What in the......
Yep

One would be tough. Two would require specific training. More than that requires a body bag. 

Who am I kidding? My days getting close to those numbers are over.

Last edited by a moderator:
SteelCurtain said:
Extraordinary by Kipchogee.  I’m more impressed by his 2:01 at Berlin but still incredible.  
This the same guy that just missed the world record by 2 seconds in Berlin? That was a jaw dropping final 5k in that race.  

Nailed my run this morning - 14.1 miles at 10:37.  I’m tired but excited :pickle:  -get to my car, no car key  :censored: .    It must have fallen out during the run and I have no clue where.  I’m supposed to be picking up my daughter in 10 minutes and my wife is 30 minutes away.   :help:

So I start walking back to the visitor center at the trail I ran and there’s like 50 people in walking around - I’m pissed at myself and all of a sudden an old guy walks up to me and says, “did you lose a key?”  Me:  “YES!”.   I’m stunned - he said he saw me running and  thought it was me.  MY GUARDIAN ANGEL!

Now back to :pickle:

Last edited by a moderator:
What is this?  Least amount of time spent running this week?  
:lmao:

I'll destroy anyone in not running thanks to my gimpy leg. If you thought my not running game was strong, you ain't seen nothing yet. 

But that scoreboard is a segment in downtown Chicago that I cherry picked as the only one that I bested our Olympian contender. 

OMG - I completely forgot the best part of my run.  I was at Kennesaw Mtn on the trails - there’s miles and miles of trails - some parts are super busy and some of less traveled.  For my first few miles I barely saw anyone.  Last half people all over the place.

Anyway - I’m about 13 miles in and not far from the visitor center, maybe half a mile.  This is when I started picking up my pace and I come around a little bend and there’s a woman with her shorts around her knees doing her business :lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:  

I think I scared the crap out of her - literally and figuratively.  I threw my hand up to say “it’s ok, keep taking a dump” but she stood up and was getting her shorts up as I flew past.  I actually felt bad for her - she must have been in a world of hurt to do that there and not move far off the trail.

BassNBrew said:
Well that's great news on the health front.  Maybe some WS lottery luck would help with the funk.  Would be awesome if Duck, you, and I were drawn this year.  Any chance we'll see a Superior race report?  I know its a PIA.

Indiana 100 tomorrow for me and if that goes well then Tunnel Hill in 4 weeks.  Lottery wise for 2020...

Amsted 100 - Fail

Mt. Mitchell - Success

Barkley 50k/Marathon - Fail

https://my4.raceresult.com/137277/#0_32DBB4 if you want to follow this weekend.

Bib 232

It's like kindergarten compared to Superior.
That’s how out of touch I’ve been with the thread, I didn’t even know our boy was pounding out another 100 this weekend!  Get some, @BassNBrew!

:lmao:

I'll destroy anyone in not running thanks to my gimpy leg. If you thought my not running game was strong, you ain't seen nothing yet. 

But that scoreboard is a segment in downtown Chicago that I cherry picked as the only one that I bested our Olympian contender. 
That’s pretty random, considering I think I’ve run in Chicago maybe twice. Can’t believe I’m that close to you guys - must’ve been a recovery run for you while I was doing vo2 max work. 

Smoked 22 today... I think I'm ready! Hopefully race day weather is exactly like today. A little chilly to start but overall it was awesome. Was feeling it at the end but finished strong. Really a confidence booster to be able to feel like I finished it rather than just limping in. 

Smoked 22 today... I think I'm ready! Hopefully race day weather is exactly like today. A little chilly to start but overall it was awesome. Was feeling it at the end but finished strong. Really a confidence booster to be able to feel like I finished it rather than just limping in. 
You needed this run mentally as much as (or more than) physically.   :hifive:  

Nice.

Did you work on any nutrition/hydration today?

You needed this run mentally as much as (or more than) physically.   :hifive:  
I agree. Has a little trepidation as/before I started since it was perfect conditions. If this didn't go well, there would have been plenty of doubt heading toward race day. I felt good all day and reached a certain point about 17 miles or so that I decided "this is in the bag" or something like that. I wouldn't call it an easy run, but I felt confident about finishing it. 

I'm now completely stoked... The next few weeks are going to creep by, aren't they? The waiting is going to be torture!

Nice.

Did you work on any nutrition/hydration today?
Yes. Continued with basically the same strategy I've been doing the other runs - normal race day breakfast then one chew every mile +/-. Combo of plain water and water with an electrolyte tablet dissolved in it. 

Actually waited a little longer before popping in the first chew - like mile 2 or 2.5. Also worked on just chewing and swallowing them more. Before I would eat them slower and kind of hold them or part of them in my cheek for a while. I think that's part of the reason I would eventually hate them - they would suck all the moisture out of my mouth. 

Users who are viewing this thread