Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Ned

Ran a 10k - Official Thread

1 hour ago, JShare87 said:

Feel like a kid on Christmas Eve waiting for all your races today.

No kidding. I'm sitting here hitting refresh - anxiously awaiting poop reports.

Start racing already.... :headbang:

Edited by ChiefD

New page so we don't have to search.

@gruecd: A goal:  2:56-2:57 B goal:  sub-2:59:25 (PR) C goal:  sub-3

@SteelCurtain : sub 3:15. Current PR is 3:15:00. Boston Marathon qualifier goal: 3:20:00 (cushion for 3:25:00)

@pbm107: sub 1:23:23. Would be a PR

@The Iguana: sub 3:00, which would be a PR. Actually 3:40:00. 

Edited by ChiefD
  • Like 1

Poop complete.  Food has been eaten.

i slept like crap but it’s life.  Time to hop in shower before the race.  (Am I the only idiot who showers before races?)

1 minute ago, ChiefD said:

@SteelCurtain : sub 3:13. Current PR is 3:15:00. Boston Marathon qualifier goal: 3:20:00 (cushion for 3:25:00)

@The Iguana: sub 3:00, which would be a PR. Actually 3:40:00. 

### #### it. My goal is sub 3:15!  😬

Just now, SteelCurtain said:

### #### it. My goal is sub 3:15!  😬

My bad. Thought you wrote you wanted to beat it by two minutes. Will change.

3 minutes ago, ChiefD said:

@SteelCurtain sub 3:15. Current PR is 3:15:00. Boston Marathon qualifier goal: 3:20:00 (cushion for 3:25:00)

@The Iguana sub 3:00, which would be a PR. Actually 3:40:00. 

Fixed.

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, SteelCurtain said:

Time to hop in shower before the race.  (Am I the only idiot who showers before races?)

Nah, I do.  Have to have a fresh undercarriage before a race.

And I'm laughing here. @The Iguana is already at the race and you are just jumping in the shower. :lol:

• Laughing 4

Drinking coffee now, I am kind of liking this 10am start time. Poop is on its way.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pbm107 said:

Drinking coffee now, I am kind of liking this 10am start time. Poop is on its way.

Your avatar is perfect in this situation.  :lol:

All these fellas frantically getting ready in Indy, and there is The Dude. Drinking coffee.

Edited by ChiefD
  • Like 1
  • Laughing 2

7 minutes ago, ChiefD said:

Your avatar is perfect in this situation.  :lol:

All these fellas frantically getting ready in Indy, and there is The Dude. Drinking coffee.

Lying on the couch watching the Fighter, I forgot how good Amy Adams looks as a trashy bartender. This movie movie should put me in a different state of mind than my last race when I watched Bill and Ted’s.

• Laughing 2

22 minutes ago, SteelCurtain said:

i slept like crap but it’s life.  Time to hop in shower before the race.  (Am I the only idiot who showers before races?)

I would shower but didn't want to disturb my wife too much. She's still sleeping peacefully at home. 

Sitting in a tree stand hoping I don’t have to dump and waiting race updates 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, ChiefD said:

Nah, I do.  Have to have a fresh undercarriage before a race.

And I'm laughing here. @The Iguana is already at the race and you are just jumping in the shower. :lol:

I'm in his hotel. I had to drive down and beat the traffic to park. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, SteelCurtain said:

Nope, essential part of the process. So fresh and so clean clean. 

23 minutes ago, pbm107 said:

After having one last month it'll be a priority when determining future races. 

3 minutes ago, MAC_32 said:

After having one last month it'll be a priority when determining future races. 

My priority is to race when it’s colder, so usually I like racing earlier in the day, but it’s 19 degrees out there now and it should be 34 by 10AM which should be perfect for me.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

41 minutes ago, ChiefD said:

My bad. Thought you wrote you wanted to beat it by two minutes. Will change.

I put my pace band at 3:13 in case all was going right.  

admittedly, my weather has sucked for several years of marathons.  So I’m scarred from temps in the 70’s.  Or a frozen monsoon at Boston.

Edited by SteelCurtain
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, SteelCurtain said:

I put my pace band at 3:13 in case all was going right.  

admittedly, my weather has sucked for several years of marathons.  So I’m scarred from temps in the 70’s.  Or a frozen monsoon at Boston.

Good point.

3:11:59

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2

I don’t eat or shower before runs or races. Maybe that’s why I bomb them.

1 minute ago, JShare87 said:

Any updates yet? WTF!?!?

My buddy just rolled out a 6 pt 🦌 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, JShare87 said:

Any updates yet? WTF!?!?

Iggy already has written half his race report but there's no cell signal that early in the morning....

• Laughing 3

10 minutes ago, JShare87 said:

Any updates yet? WTF!?!?

I got off the couch and pooped.

• Laughing 1

Just got my first email update.  @gruecd through 10K in 43:01.  Not sure if that's gun time or chip time.

I downloaded the app, which confirms the times I'm getting on my email updates are chip times.

Was @gruecd planning to negative split?  

2 minutes ago, Zasada said:

I downloaded the app, which confirms the times I'm getting on my email updates are chip times.

Was @gruecd planning to negative split?  

Yes. By about 2 min

• Like 1

@The Iguana 52:29 through first 10K (8:27 pace)

3:41:49 expected

Edited by gianmarco
  • Like 1

On 11/4/2019 at 11:07 AM, gruecd said:

Don't remember if I posted this already or not, but I've got my usual tiered goals again for Saturday:

A goal:  2:56-2:57

B goal:  sub-2:59:25 (PR)

C goal:  sub-3

Plan right now is to run with the 3:00 pacer for the first 10K (to make sure I don't go out too fast again), and then hopefully settle into 6:40-6:45 pace the rest of the way.  If everything goes as planned, I'll run about a 1-minute negative split -- around 1:28:48 for the first half and 1:27:42 for the second. 

Definitely gonna keep a close eye on that pacer, though.  Last year I remember taking the turn south onto Meridian around mile 24 and being on pace to finish sub-3, and the 3-hour pace group was ahead of me.  If this dude is trying to bank time in the beginning, then there's obviously no point in me running with him.

For anyone who wants to track, you can download the CNO Monumental Marathon app.  I'm bib #1109.

Wonder if he stayed with the pacer

With all three about 1-2 minutes slower than their intended pace, I'm wondering if the 10K mat is long.

On 11/7/2019 at 5:24 PM, SteelCurtain said:

So here we go.....

My plan for Indy.  This training cycle has been sporadic at best.  It started a bit before I went backpacking in July. I threw down back to back 100 mile weeks to prepare for no running for two weeks while backpacking (second half of July).  I got back from backpacking and tried to ramp up training preparing for Chicago marathon and quickly got derailed.  I wasn't able to hit paces for anything.  I was a mess physically and mentally.

I took 10 days pretty much off and started to lift during that time.  I did a 13 mile week spread over 4-5 runs which for me is probably my lowest week of running in several years. 

By the time late August came along, I had ramped back up and started my training.  It was too late to pull things together for Chicago (early October), so i started to look for a race a bit later.  I saw that @gruecd and @The Iguana would be doing Monumental Marathon in Indianapolis.   I knew it was a fast course and a friend of mine's husband actually founded this race 20 years ago.  So I decided to sign up.

My training has been a bit abbreviated. I did a bit of lifting...but wish I could have done more.  I did a fair amount of running....but wish I could have done more. 

These last couple weeks have been stressful with work and I am currently traveling for work in Atlanta.  Traveling does take a lot of energy out of me, so I worry about that impact on me for race day.

My PR is 3:15:00.  My BQ time (as a 50 year old) is 3:25....so I really need 3:20 to feel comfortable about Boston for 2021.

I've thought a lot about how to approach this race given the cold, flat, and my training.  I've only negative split one of my races (pacing doesn't count). It was in Philadelphia when I ran Philadelphia marathon with @Ned.  My goal was 3:30 that day and I ran a 3:29:11. 

I have decided I will run the first section of the race with the 3:20 pacer. This will allow me to warm up in the cold and hopefully not tax my body too much. After 4 miles with that group, I will leave them and pick up the pace in search of the 3:15 pacer.  I am projecting I'll catch the 3:15 pacer at around mile 14 (obviously depends on that individual's pacing). I'll reset with them and run with the 3:15 group for 3 miles.  Leaving them around mile 16-17 and trying to go get that PR.  I have put together a pacing plan that has me tracking for a 2 minute PR.  I'm honestly not sure I can pull it off, but I wanted to give myself a goal to strive for.

Below is my race band which is what I'll be using during the race.  So you will be able to see if I'm on track or not.  I'll admit I have a bad feeling about this race. It doesn't seem like my body doesn't feel strong/fast.  But I'll try to be positive and I'm going to go for it.  I'm not flying halfway across the country to run a 3:24, so I'm gonna leave it all out there and try to PR.

Mile                  Pace                    Overall

1                        7:45                      7:45

2                        7:35                      15:20

3                        7:35                      22:55

4                        7:35                      30:30

5                        7:25                      37:55

6                        7:18                      45:13

7                        7:18                      52:31

8                        7:18                      59:49

9                        7:18                   1:07:07

10                      7:18                   1:14:25

11                      7:15                   1:21:40

12                      7:18                   1:28:58

13                      7:18                   1:36:16

14                      7:25                   1:43:41

15                      7:26                   1:51:07

16                      7:26                   1:58:33

17                      7:17                   2:05:50

18                      7:17                   2:13:07

19                      7:15                   2:20:22

20                      7:17                   2:27:39

21                      7:17                   2:34:56

22                      7:17                   2:42:12

23                      7:17                   2:49:29

24                      7:15                   2:56:44

25                      7:15                   3:03:59

26                      7:26                   3:11:25

26.2                   7:01                   3:12:58

If you want to track me, you can go here.  My last name is Rinehart.... Bib number is 5403

3 minutes ago, Zasada said:

With all three about 1-2 minutes slower than their intended pace, I'm wondering if the 10K mat is long.

SC right on his plan

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zasada said:

Or their dongs are cold.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zasada said:

But I think you are right. Both were going to hang with a pace group

@gruecd through half in 1:29:02, back on pace.  2:58:04 estimated finish!  Kick ###!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zasada said:

@gruecd through half in 1:29:02, back on pace.  2:58:04 estimated finish!  Kick ###!

:pickle:

@SteelCurtain through half in 1:36:23, a little faster than his planned pace (per his pace band).  :thumbup:

• Like 1

On 11/4/2019 at 11:07 AM, gruecd said:

Don't remember if I posted this already or not, but I've got my usual tiered goals again for Saturday:

A goal:  2:56-2:57

B goal:  sub-2:59:25 (PR)

C goal:  sub-3

Plan right now is to run with the 3:00 pacer for the first 10K (to make sure I don't go out too fast again), and then hopefully settle into 6:40-6:45 pace the rest of the way.  If everything goes as planned, I'll run about a 1-minute negative split -- around 1:28:48 for the first half and 1:27:42 for the second. 

Definitely gonna keep a close eye on that pacer, though.  Last year I remember taking the turn south onto Meridian around mile 24 and being on pace to finish sub-3, and the 3-hour pace group was ahead of me.  If this dude is trying to bank time in the beginning, then there's obviously no point in me running with him.

For anyone who wants to track, you can download the CNO Monumental Marathon app.  I'm bib #1109.

Bump

On 11/7/2019 at 5:24 PM, SteelCurtain said:

So here we go.....

My plan for Indy.  This training cycle has been sporadic at best.  It started a bit before I went backpacking in July. I threw down back to back 100 mile weeks to prepare for no running for two weeks while backpacking (second half of July).  I got back from backpacking and tried to ramp up training preparing for Chicago marathon and quickly got derailed.  I wasn't able to hit paces for anything.  I was a mess physically and mentally.

I took 10 days pretty much off and started to lift during that time.  I did a 13 mile week spread over 4-5 runs which for me is probably my lowest week of running in several years. 

By the time late August came along, I had ramped back up and started my training.  It was too late to pull things together for Chicago (early October), so i started to look for a race a bit later.  I saw that @gruecd and @The Iguana would be doing Monumental Marathon in Indianapolis.   I knew it was a fast course and a friend of mine's husband actually founded this race 20 years ago.  So I decided to sign up.

My training has been a bit abbreviated. I did a bit of lifting...but wish I could have done more.  I did a fair amount of running....but wish I could have done more. 

These last couple weeks have been stressful with work and I am currently traveling for work in Atlanta.  Traveling does take a lot of energy out of me, so I worry about that impact on me for race day.

My PR is 3:15:00.  My BQ time (as a 50 year old) is 3:25....so I really need 3:20 to feel comfortable about Boston for 2021.

I've thought a lot about how to approach this race given the cold, flat, and my training.  I've only negative split one of my races (pacing doesn't count). It was in Philadelphia when I ran Philadelphia marathon with @Ned.  My goal was 3:30 that day and I ran a 3:29:11. 

I have decided I will run the first section of the race with the 3:20 pacer. This will allow me to warm up in the cold and hopefully not tax my body too much. After 4 miles with that group, I will leave them and pick up the pace in search of the 3:15 pacer.  I am projecting I'll catch the 3:15 pacer at around mile 14 (obviously depends on that individual's pacing). I'll reset with them and run with the 3:15 group for 3 miles.  Leaving them around mile 16-17 and trying to go get that PR.  I have put together a pacing plan that has me tracking for a 2 minute PR.  I'm honestly not sure I can pull it off, but I wanted to give myself a goal to strive for.

Below is my race band which is what I'll be using during the race.  So you will be able to see if I'm on track or not.  I'll admit I have a bad feeling about this race. It doesn't seem like my body doesn't feel strong/fast.  But I'll try to be positive and I'm going to go for it.  I'm not flying halfway across the country to run a 3:24, so I'm gonna leave it all out there and try to PR.

Mile                  Pace                    Overall

1                        7:45                      7:45

2                        7:35                      15:20

3                        7:35                      22:55

4                        7:35                      30:30

5                        7:25                      37:55

6                        7:18                      45:13

7                        7:18                      52:31

8                        7:18                      59:49

9                        7:18                   1:07:07

10                      7:18                   1:14:25

11                      7:15                   1:21:40

12                      7:18                   1:28:58

13                      7:18                   1:36:16

14                      7:25                   1:43:41

15                      7:26                   1:51:07

16                      7:26                   1:58:33

17                      7:17                   2:05:50

18                      7:17                   2:13:07

19                      7:15                   2:20:22

20                      7:17                   2:27:39

21                      7:17                   2:34:56

22                      7:17                   2:42:12

23                      7:17                   2:49:29

24                      7:15                   2:56:44

25                      7:15                   3:03:59

26                      7:26                   3:11:25

26.2                   7:01                   3:12:58

If you want to track me, you can go here.  My last name is Rinehart.... Bib number is 5403

Bump