What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ran a 10k - Official Thread (6 Viewers)

Meh. They'll lose to the Titans next week anyway. ;)  
The Chiefs are such a strange team. They ain’t winning #### with Andy Reid as coach.

They will find a spectacular way to lose today or next week. Chris Jones hurt his calf playing pickup basketball in the locker room this week. May not play today.

Hate the Chiefs. Yet, I watch.

• Love
Reactions: JAA
The Chiefs are such a strange team. They ain’t winning #### with Andy Reid as coach.

They will find a spectacular way to lose today or next week. Chris Jones hurt his calf playing pickup basketball in the locker room this week. May not play today.

Hate the Chiefs. Yet, I watch.
You're hosting an AFCCG.

-22C/-8F and I got out today.  Even picked up a touch of frostbite.

Watched a movie with the wife (Ad Astra, terrible) and then turned on Texans/Chiefs just now and my jaw dropped.

But really waiting for the late(r) game.  12th MAN!!!!

-22C/-8F and I got out today.  Even picked up a touch of frostbite.

Watched a movie with the wife (Ad Astra, terrible) and then turned on Texans/Chiefs just now and my jaw dropped.

But really waiting for the late(r) game.  12th MAN!!!!
Thats cold - hope you wore the tube sock.

Youre a Cowboys fan now...show your allegiance. 

:lol:

Not sure I want that game to happen. On one hand, obviously I want the Chiefs to make it to the Super Bowl and win.

But if they got there and somehow lost to the Packers, I would NEVER hear the end of it from you and my uncle. 
Or they never hear the end of it from you!

WeightsGuys.

Second attempt at weights today.  I only have the basics in terms of gear:  A few fixed-weight dumbbells, and a bench.  Today, I did curls (because biceps might get me laid), and bench presses (with dumbbells).

Since my goal is to do 25 consecutive pushups by the end of the year, and I can't do one, I assume bench presses are the best approximation of a pushup?

Also today I did two types of sets.  Curls until my arms got tired, and then bench presses until my arms got tired.  Alternating.  

Any tips?  I would like to get sit ups into the routine too (abs good for running + increased chances of getting laid), but I need a mat for my concrete floor.  

WeightsGuys.

Second attempt at weights today.  I only have the basics in terms of gear:  A few fixed-weight dumbbells, and a bench.  Today, I did curls (because biceps might get me laid), and bench presses (with dumbbells).

Since my goal is to do 25 consecutive pushups by the end of the year, and I can't do one, I assume bench presses are the best approximation of a pushup?

Also today I did two types of sets.  Curls until my arms got tired, and then bench presses until my arms got tired.  Alternating.  

Any tips?  I would like to get sit ups into the routine too (abs good for running + increased chances of getting laid), but I need a mat for my concrete floor.  
Both for getting laid (i.e. your arms looking better) and for pushups,  you actually want to work more on triceps than biceps.  When you do bicep work, do as much if not more work for your triceps.

If doing this at home, check out "dumbbell exercises" app for help with ideas if you want.

And planks until you can do a pushup.

Last edited by a moderator:
WeightsGuys.

Curls for the girls brah!

WeightsGuys.

Why don't you do one of those 30 day push up challenges?  If you are really struggling to do one, I'd start with knees on the ground. 

WeightsGuys.

I try to hit the gym 3x/week.  First day is chest/triceps/core, second is back/biceps/core, and the third is legs/shoulders/core.  I do everything via supersets to maximize time efficiency.  So for the first day:

First super set - Weighted V-Ups with 10-pound medicine ball (3 x 15) and Dumbbell bench press (3 x 10)

Second - Planks (3 sets of 30 seconds each left side, center, right side) and triceps rope pulldowns (3 x 15)

Last - Decline sit up with twist (3 x 10), triceps bench dips (3 x 10), and incline dumbbell bench (3 x 10)

WeightsGuys.

I lift but I'm far from a "WeightsGuy".  That being said, chest workouts (Bench presses, etc) should be done during the same workout as triceps.  Definitely do triceps to make your arms look bigger.

Then do biceps when you do back and shoulders in a separate workout on a different day. 

Good luck!

I lift but I'm far from a "WeightsGuy".  That being said, chest workouts (Bench presses, etc) should be done during the same workout as triceps.  Definitely do triceps to make your arms look bigger.

Then do biceps when you do back and shoulders in a separate workout on a different day. 

Good luck!
I've learned to do biceps and triceps on the same day.  As they are antagonistic muscles, there may be some benefit to working them together on the same day.  And, you can go back and forth between the two without resting as your triceps will rest while you work your biceps and vice versa.

I think you can go either way, but here:

Tris and Bis

Workouts for both

Benefits to doing tris/bis together and myth busted that you shouldn't.

Why don't you do one of those 30 day push up challenges?  If you are really struggling to do one, I'd start with knees on the ground. 
This is what I was going to suggest - suring you can do 1 or more with your knees on the ground rather than a full plank push up, right? 

WeightsGuys.

You have to build the foundation before the house. Focus on the largest muscle groups first - thighs, back, and ###. Different types of rows and squats, presses, pulls, weighted walking lunges, etc. With the equipment you have you'll be working your core in a secondary manner, but to make it more of a priority I'm a big fan of exercises like the v-up's grue linked to - add in twists to work obliques too. Just keep in mind that if getting laid more frequently is part of the motivation that it is more diet fueled than abdominal exercise fueled.

By all means once you've gotten to the point in which you can complete the foundation exercises void of post workout soreness add the fun stuff to the rotation, but when you do put them after the foundation exercises. This will take a longer game approach, but your ability to build upper body strength will be limited if you jump right to bi's/tri's. Plus you're more likely to get injured if you try and develop Popeye arms on top of Olive Oyl's frame.

@Zasada if you want a simple routine - I can start you out with one for serious
Would love one.  Goals are:

• 25 Pushups by the end of the year
  • Core strength for running
  • Glute strength (injury rehab/prevention)
I'm really thin on equipment.  Just a few dumbbells and a bench.  Should have access to more stuff when I move to Dallas in a few weeks.

Thanks!

How do you guys have time to run 8 hours per week, work on core/legs 5 hours per week, work on bis/tris 3 hours per week, roll everything 1 hour per day, and are involved with 6 hours of foot massages per week (primarily giving)?

Just for the kids, we have gymnastics, dance class, tumbling class, chess class, tennis lessons, daisys/girlscouts, "recommended" reading minutes each night, and then we will have soccer starting back up in a few months for each.  I'm assuming you all have personal assistants, butlers, maids, and the like (we are FBGs)?

Would love one.  Goals are:

• 25 Pushups by the end of the year
  • Core strength for running
  • Glute strength (injury rehab/prevention)
I'm really thin on equipment.  Just a few dumbbells and a bench.  Should have access to more stuff when I move to Dallas in a few weeks.

Thanks!
What do you have exaclty?

Does the bench incline?   Is it one set of dumbells or varying weights (i want the break down set of 5 lbers, 10 lbers etc)

You don't need a bunch of stuff - especially since it sounds like you are really just starting out.   

I just want a clear picture before sending you a direction :)

FTR- i have no PT license or anything.  I was this close to going that route in college and took many classes but changed my major.  But most of the stuff I now is from athletics and college.  ALso helping put together a program for my daughters team.  So I know my way around a gym I am technically not formally trained and am not "up to speed" on all new studies.   I am a firm believer in full body workouts are just as effective as isolated workouts as long as they are not stacked consecutively.....

How do you guys have time to run 8 hours per week, work on core/legs 5 hours per week, work on bis/tris 3 hours per week, roll everything 1 hour per day, and are involved with 6 hours of foot massages per week (primarily giving)?

Just for the kids, we have gymnastics, dance class, tumbling class, chess class, tennis lessons, daisys/girlscouts, "recommended" reading minutes each night, and then we will have soccer starting back up in a few months for each.  I'm assuming you all have personal assistants, butlers, maids, and the like (we are FBGs)?
No kids  :shrug:

ETA:  But we do have a cleaning lady.  That's one luxury that I will never give up.

I can get to 7 hours with morning runs and weekend juggle usually. More would be / will be hard and I’ll lose sleep which is a bad trade for me eventually.  Last cycle I watched no tv and was in bed after kids went to sleep at 9.  I piece in some lunch stuff as schedule allows. Try to keep gear in the car to be ready if window opens up. Body weight or trx/kettlebell stuff fit in pretty easily before or after a run for me. Big weight sessions aren’t happening. I stay on the ground usually in the evening to roll or put my legs up instead of the couch when I’m sore which is most the time.  Love outdoor practices when I can run around a bit but not happening during hoops season. 

The bike and tri guys blow my mind with the # of hours. 

Users who are viewing this thread