What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ran a 10k - Official Thread (5 Viewers)

I got my bib. I’m waking up at 3 am and starting my pre-race routine. I’ll see how I feel at that time and decide whether or not to make the 2 hour drive to gut it out.
I had a bug of similar description midweek.  It hit me deep and hard ...for about two days.  Fingers crossed that last night and today are the worst of it.  Best of luck, GB

I start my new gig on Monday, so flew down to DFW today to get stuff in order beforehand.  0630 flight, so no time for a morning run -- even considering my willingness to run early in the day.

Anyways, great flight, get #### done, and head over to check on our house (we close a week from Friday).  Planned ahead and wore my running gear so that I could explore a little of my new hood and get a run in at the same time.

Probably the first time I have done a sunset run since the Vegas HM.  Heck, probably the first time I've done a post-noon run since Vegas.

Anyways, I'm running around my new neighbourhood, discovering where sidewalks start/stop, what roads are done, which ones aren't, etc, etc.  Find my way to the West Fork Trinity River path, and head east on that.  A mile or so in, I see what looks like a stray housecat on the side of the path.  Get closer, and it's no housecat!  It was busy getting dinner and acted like I wasn't even there.  So I got some photos and watched it for a bit.

Then go to resume my run, and there's an armadillo!  11 years I lived in Houston and not once did I see a (living) armadillo.  Now I see one my first day in DFW as a resident.

The sun went down during my run and the downside of this river path hits me:  Lots of critter noises coming from both sides of the path.  In the dark.  Was quite disconcerting (yes, I'm a poooosaay).  

Got 15K in and was thrilled to have seen wildlife on just my first run from my new (soon to be) house.

Oh, and in my neighbourhood, cars actively avoided me or even stopped to let me pass while running.  :thumbup:

I start my new gig on Monday, so flew down to DFW today to get stuff in order beforehand.  0630 flight, so no time for a morning run -- even considering my willingness to run early in the day.

Got 15K in and was thrilled to have seen wildlife on just my first run from my new (soon to be) house.

Oh, and in my neighbourhood, cars actively avoided me or even stopped to let me pass while running.  :thumbup:
Yep, I like seeing wildlife when I run, but it is different when it's dark and you are completely alone. 

I commonly see coyote and owl in the morning. I'll keep looking back at the owl esp when it's about 15 feet from the running path. 

Not sure I could hand-pick better weather. Body feels amazing for the first time in a long time (besides for my butt pain from pinched nerve). No excuses. Should be a good indicator of what I’m capable of. 

Pipe dream: sub 3 

Goal A: 3:05 (previous BQ time for my age)

Goal B: 3:10

Goal C 3:15

Goal D PR (3:20)
Just quoting this so we can remember his goals.

Holy smokes, his HR that he held on with....

Unreal. 
That's weird.  At the half way point his heart rate jumped while pace dropped.  I wonder if those second half HR readings are inaccurate.  I'm considering if he might have been bonking (glycogen depletion) that early but I'm not sure that's plausible. 

That's weird.  At the half way point his heart rate jumped while pace dropped.  I wonder if those second half HR readings are inaccurate.  I'm considering if he might have been bonking (glycogen depletion) that early but I'm not sure that's plausible. 
I've realized that when it stops picking up accurately that sometimes it locks onto my cadence. My wife has seen the same. I wonder if that's what happened.

Not sure I'm reading the results right, but in addition to shattering his PR, he was 2nd in his AG.  Nice podium, @JShare87!

And that HR was incredible.  How you kept going with that is amazing.

I know you were hoping for more, but that virus definitely had in impact.  Nice work.

You guys are the best. Gave it everything I had and lots more today, fellas. A tale of 2 halves. Pacer went in the wrong direction at 13 mile mark and I ran into a bush trying to correct him. Plus, my music died out at that mark as well. Apple Watch mysteriously died. I just got in a groove and started singing and out it went. I’ll do a report later. Not doing so well right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
You bastards and your 2,500mi goal.  That's 4,000km!  I did the math, and I have to average 77km/week to hit that distance.  So, basically I have to run record mileage every month for the whole year.  So, here I am, planning to toss-out my rest days this week so that I can finish January on-target.  

My legs hate you.

I hate you.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys are the best. Gave it everything I had and lots more today, fellas. A tale of 2 halves. Pacer went in the wrong direction at 13 mile mark and I ran into a bush trying to correct him. Plus, my music died out at that mark as well. Apple Watch mysteriously died. I just got in a groove and started singing and out it went. I’ll do a report later. Not doing so well right now.
Awesome on so many levels. To crank out that PR AND hit the podium while feeling sick is effing so bad-###!!  :headbang:

And your pacer can suck it.

@JShare87 - so pleased that you were able to fight through and nail a PR.  What a supreme effort. (Gotta be said: Alright, alright, alright!). So unfortunate that you had to push on with a weakened system, but it shows the potential of what you can do on a better day.  Congrats!

:pickle:

Hopefully he sticks with his training.  Since he just ran a 3:14 sick (while apparently fading at the end) he has an excellent BQ shot for that one. 
Volume. That's the difference between joining us* in Boston in 2021 and not. Accomplishing this while sick and on such little volume...you are this close to checking that box. Between now and the next attempt volume is a must. 

Great job today, bmf!

Users who are viewing this thread