What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ran a 10k - Official Thread (13 Viewers)

:lmao:

But, that might mean you really need to get a couple of these and work some things out.  Might end up making a HUGE difference for you.  Most of my trips to get a massage are like you described.  They aren't relaxing.  It's meant to take care of things I can't myself.  You'll be thankful in a couple days albeit sore until then.  Follow her advice and go back soon.
Yes, I think that’s true.

Well, that wasn’t relaxing or enjoyable at all.  Several times the pain was a 7 or 8.  It was a trip down memory lane.  I’d forgotten about certain pains I’ve had until she got to them.

My calves are now incredibly sore now.  She recommended I come back in a couple weeks for a 90 minute session.  There were knots in my hamstrings that she said she couldn’t get out but only loosen up a bit in the time provided.
I've had 5 massages in my life and I did not care for any of them.  Just like she recommended, they all said I needed to come back soon...I never did.  I don't know if things would have gotten better, but it was never even an OK experience for me.  I pretty much just wanted them to end.

I've had 5 massages in my life and I did not care for any of them.  Just like she recommended, they all said I needed to come back soon...I never did.  I don't know if things would have gotten better, but it was never even an OK experience for me.  I pretty much just wanted them to end.
I think I’ll go back.  I’m sure less tightness and knots will help with my nagging injuries and, hopefully, overall running.

Well, that wasn’t relaxing or enjoyable at all.  Several times the pain was a 7 or 8.  It was a trip down memory lane.  I’d forgotten about certain pains I’ve had until she got to them.

My calves are now incredibly sore now.  She recommended I come back in a couple weeks for a 90 minute session.  There were knots in my hamstrings that she said she couldn’t get out but only loosen up a bit in the time provided.
Reward yourself for the effort.  Go buy a shovel.

I've had several now - first one was a gift from my wife with a big part being to "help out a friend" who was starting a new career as a masseuse. That one was rather awkward for a number of reasons but "ok". Also was more of the "spa" treatment. Didn't have another one for awhile and it was here at work. First couple times I went it was still a little awkward but helped loosen up some stuff but it was still pretty sporadic and less beneficial. Last fall, I started going rather regularly leading up to the marathon and that was awesome. I got more vocal about the areas that were bugging me - namely my hips - and we talked about the running/marathon. She bent me in ways I didn't think possible and found the spots that needed loosening up. 

My flexibility has always been bad and she actually worked on a number of stretches as well as just digging into my muscles. I'll be going back soon, and soon.

Then definitely go back... another couple of sessions and you will totally feel like a new person - and as long as there weren't any problems, make sure you have the same person. She will learn your problem spots and be sure to hit those specifically.

This. There's a big difference between being at some resort spa and getting a massage "for fun" and going to someone for "a purpose".

Yes, I think that’s true.

It's not supposed to be either.

I think I’ll go back.  I’m sure less tightness and knots will help with my nagging injuries and, hopefully, overall running.

Reward yourself for the effort.  Go buy a shovel.
Was she hot?

Juxt, sounds like she did it right then.  Drink all the water today.

I did just remember the one massage of the probably hundreds I've had that was a little awkward.  We were in Eugene for a Duck game, and my girlfriend and I got together with a bunch of her sorority sisters Friday night.  One of them was my buddy Jim's (Tri-man met him at States, and he ran WS100 in 2012) girlfriend for like 2 years in college.  Turns out she's now a masseuse, and as it was my birthday that weekend my girlfriend surprised me with an appointment with her on Sunday.  

I still stripped naked and it was a little awkward for the first few minutes, after all I'd heard all sorts of, umm, intimate stories about her back in the day.  But after a few it just became another massage, and catching up with an old acquaintance.

I did just remember the one massage of the probably hundreds I've had that was a little awkward.  We were in Eugene for a Duck game, and my girlfriend and I got together with a bunch of her sorority sisters Friday night.  One of them was my buddy Jim's (Tri-man met him at States, and he ran WS100 in 2012) girlfriend for like 2 years in college.  Turns out she's now a masseuse, and as it was my birthday that weekend my girlfriend surprised me with an appointment with her on Sunday.  

I still stripped naked and it was a little awkward for the first few minutes, after all I'd heard all sorts of, umm, intimate stories about her back in the day.  But after a few it just became another massage, and catching up with an old acquaintance.
No way in hell my wife would let me get a massage from my buddy’s ex-girlfriend, much less get me one as a gift...unless maybe she was hideous.

Was she hot?

@ChiefD

No way in hell my wife would let me get a massage from my buddy’s ex-girlfriend, much less get me one as a gift...unless maybe she was hideous.
How would you feel about your wife giving @JShare87a massage? A foot massage?

Using him as an example because he’s apparently good looking.

:lmao:

But, that might mean you really need to get a couple of these and work some things out.  Might end up making a HUGE difference for you.  Most of my trips to get a massage are like you described.  They aren't relaxing.  It's meant to take care of things I can't myself.  You'll be thankful in a couple days albeit sore until then.  Follow her advice and go back soon.

Then definitely go back... another couple of sessions and you will totally feel like a new person - and as long as there weren't any problems, make sure you have the same person. She will learn your problem spots and be sure to hit those specifically.

This. There's a big difference between being at some resort spa and getting a massage "for fun" and going to someone for "a purpose".

Y'all are making me miss my old MT. That Latina kicked my ### but damn she knew what she was doing. Haven't gone to a masseuse in 5 years now. Pretty sure I'd feel the same as J here. 

My new gym has hydro massage tables. Tried one yesterday, it's not the same and only does your backside. $10/month unlimited, so might be worth while. But definitely not the same as a strong Latina woman.

Luckily found a port-a-potty and took the Browns to the Super Bowl for the first time ever in a port-a-potty in my life.  The cherry is broken.
Now you just need to encounter the "I'll crap in a bush because the urgency is so acute" experience.  That one's a ton of fun.

Did I mention my girl waited for me by drinking beer and watching football in a nearby sports bar, and when I got there she wouldn't leave because the games were in the 4th quarter?

Was she hot?
Not hot, not hideous.  She's held up pretty well, but she was always a little too granola for my taste.

My now wife wasn't too happy when I told her I was going to do a few one-on-one's with a pilates instructor I used to hook up with, but trust won out. She had just gotten one of these contraptions, wanted a guinea pig, and due to both my pain tolerance and relative inflexibility thought I'd be a great test subject. That thing works wonders.

My now wife wasn't too happy when I told her I was going to do a few one-on-one's with a pilates instructor I used to hook up with, but trust won out. She had just gotten one of these contraptions, wanted a guinea pig, and due to both my pain tolerance and relative inflexibility thought I'd be a great test subject. That thing works wonders.
Did your wife see the picture of that thing? Because that might have made things worse :oldunsure:

Just read a great quote on FB:

"You won't always be motivated, that's why you have to learn to be disciplined."
So, so true. Despite being so happy with how things are going recently, it still takes a pretty deliberate action on my part to get these evening runs in. It's dark and cold enough that I really hate the first mile and a half or so as my body tries to adapt. I often stall getting started but I've been getting out there anyway and I'm yet to be sad that I did. It's so hard to build that habit of discipline and so easy to break it - I keep reminding myself of that every time I think "maybe I'll just skip 1 time". 

Hey @Juxtatarot, how you feeling today?

Also, just curious, what's your resting HR?
I'm really not feeling better.  Calves and hamstrings are sore from the massage. Normal aches and pains are still there. I think she did fine but one hour wasn't enough to make a significant difference.

Resting HR is in the 40s when I sleep. 

I'm really not feeling better.  Calves and hamstrings are sore from the massage. Normal aches and pains are still there. I think she did fine but one hour wasn't enough to make a significant difference.

Resting HR is in the 40s when I sleep. 
It wasn't a traditional massage, but the process I went through to fix my hamstrings (active release technique) five years ago utilized a lot of massage ideals. If memory serves it was 5 or 6 visits over a couple months until they were right. 

I am having some major issues with my Garmin 245 Music connecting to my headphones...I wanted to see if anyone else had something similar.

It connects fine and will play music fine when in my house.  When I set my GPS all is good.  But, when I start running, it cuts in and out every half a second.  If I hold my watch up by my headphones, no issues and it will play.  I am thinking that the arm movement of running is causing some sort of connectivity issue, but moving my arm while not in GPS tracking mode causes no issues.  So, it is only happening while the GPS is on and while my arm is moving (maybe only outside too?).

The headphones connect fine to my phone when I'm listening to Audible books on my slower runs.

Any similar experiences?

It wasn't a traditional massage, but the process I went through to fix my hamstrings (active release technique) five years ago utilized a lot of massage ideals. If memory serves it was 5 or 6 visits over a couple months until they were right. 
I was reading about different massage types yesterday.  I think she kind of did the active release stuff but not solely.  I actually thought I had a hamstring strain that doesn't go away but now I'm not sure.  Maybe I have both a strain and knots.  I'll definitely go back in a few weeks for the 90 minute session and then I'll decide what to do from there.  Honestly, the pain isn't that bad but it sure would be nice to be pain free.

I was reading about different massage types yesterday.  I think she kind of did the active release stuff but not solely.  I actually thought I had a hamstring strain that doesn't go away but now I'm not sure.  Maybe I have both a strain and knots.  I'll definitely go back in a few weeks for the 90 minute session and then I'll decide what to do from there.  Honestly, the pain isn't that bad but it sure would be nice to be pain free.
It would be awesome if this is what your issue is and can be taken care of with a few massage sessions.  If you've had these for a long time, it may take at least 3-4 sessions to really start to make a difference.  I'd highly recommend keeping up with it and see if it can help.

I am having some major issues with my Garmin 245 Music connecting to my headphones...I wanted to see if anyone else had something similar.

It connects fine and will play music fine when in my house.  When I set my GPS all is good.  But, when I start running, it cuts in and out every half a second.  If I hold my watch up by my headphones, no issues and it will play.  I am thinking that the arm movement of running is causing some sort of connectivity issue, but moving my arm while not in GPS tracking mode causes no issues.  So, it is only happening while the GPS is on and while my arm is moving (maybe only outside too?).

The headphones connect fine to my phone when I'm listening to Audible books on my slower runs.

Any similar experiences?
Nope.  But then again, I use an Apple Watch for my music.  Regular Garmin 245 on the other wrist.

Last edited by a moderator:
Um....

Was she hot?

Any similar experiences?
Nope. I've had mine lose a connection before and had 1 point where it was having some issue connecting - I disconnected and then reconnected and no issues after. Every once in a while when I'm running, I will have it skip/cut out for a second but just once or twice - nothing consistent like you are describing. 

Potentially worthwhile reading

I had adhesions, fwiw. Both legs too. A major one in one leg and several smaller ones in the other. I spent years trying to fix them on my own, but to no avail. I was advised that trying to fix them on my own was a good thing though. It made problem solution substantially easier since I had already tried what would have been several of their recommendations.

Signed up for the Milwaukee Lakefront Marathon in October. Been trying to build base miles and drop weight on the treadmill until it’s warm enough for me to run outside. Have a 5 mile race scheduled next weekend  it’ll be my first outdoor run of the year  

Also got some NB 1080v10 that I’m a fan of. 

Users who are viewing this thread