What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (17 Viewers)

No jokes. Got it.
When my daughter comes home crying because school is hard for her, yeah, someone inferring my kid is dumb is going to rub me the wrong way.I recognize that you were trying to be funny and had no idea, but you're not the one dealing with a kid that already struggles in kindergarten and who you know will always have a tough time ahead in life.
Good luck GD. I got a 2 year old that only says mom/dad/yes/no. Most likely looking at some speech therapy in the spring. It's stressful. Feel like I did something wrong somewhere.
My son was like this at 2. Did the speech therapy and now he never shuts up. Some kids just take a while. It's probably your fault.
Alternatively, is there a way to blame Frosty for this? Or Eve? Or Rusty?
Blaming TRE usually works.

God bless the cast iron skillet. Seriously I'm in love. Made bacon, then potatoes in the bacon grease with a 21 seasoning mix, then removed potatoes and made eggs in the same skillet with the leftover bacon grease and the bits of potato seasoning.

Eggs came out wonderfully. Best breakfast I've ever made.

I recently considered getting pregnant again just so I didn't have to go to the gym to lose this last bit of babyweight. This can't be rational.

No jokes. Got it.
When my daughter comes home crying because school is hard for her, yeah, someone inferring my kid is dumb is going to rub me the wrong way.I recognize that you were trying to be funny and had no idea, but you're not the one dealing with a kid that already struggles in kindergarten and who you know will always have a tough time ahead in life.
Good luck GD. I got a 2 year old that only says mom/dad/yes/no. Most likely looking at some speech therapy in the spring. It's stressful. Feel like I did something wrong somewhere.
My son was like this at 2. Did the speech therapy and now he never shuts up. Some kids just take a while. It's probably your fault.
He also just asked me when he would turn into a girl.

No jokes. Got it.
When my daughter comes home crying because school is hard for her, yeah, someone inferring my kid is dumb is going to rub me the wrong way.

I recognize that you were trying to be funny and had no idea, but you're not the one dealing with a kid that already struggles in kindergarten and who you know will always have a tough time ahead in life.
Can't we do both? ISN'T THAT WHAT GMTAN WAS FOUNDED ON?

Sorry to hear about your daugher, GD. Your kid is equally as dumb as all other kids.

UPDATE:

Rusty and principal came to my room as soon as I showed up today. It was very positive.

I jumped the gun a bit on a few things but Eve's email came out of nowhere and I probably wasn't thinking all that rationally.

What I learned (some things were obviously not related to me directly due to confidentiality)

• Eve is pretty much half a loon.
  • This was a "last straw" type of situation as suspected
  • Rusty (and I'm assuming one of the N64s) called her in to let her go. Basically she was still in her "probationary" period and had not performed up to satisfaction.
  • Rusty did not mention any names or specifics until Eve basically demanded he tell her.
  • Rusty only mentioned me as in "...and most recently I found your handling of Mr. Malloy's computer situation slow and inefficient...". He never told her that I called. Eve just made that assumption.
  • After she was let go she had about a 3 minute window to still have access to her email before Rusty yanked her account. She chose those 3 minutes to jewpunch me. :lmao:
Everything is good. The 3 of us were laughing about it by the end of the meeting.

My new shtick around campus is "Do you know who I am? All I need is to make one phone call and you're fired. Watch your step, pal."

No jokes. Got it.
fixed it.

signed,

7yo Floppinho is still in speech therapy because I hate him.

UPDATE:

Rusty and principal came to my room as soon as I showed up today. It was very positive.

I jumped the gun a bit on a few things but Eve's email came out of nowhere and I probably wasn't thinking all that rationally.

What I learned (some things were obviously not related to me directly due to confidentiality)

• Rusty (and I'm assuming one of the N64s) called her in to let her go. Basically she was still in her "probationary" period and had not performed up to satisfaction.
  • Rusty did not mention any names or specifics until Eve basically demanded he tell her.
  • Rusty only mentioned me as in "...and most recently I found your handling of Mr. Malloy's computer situation slow and inefficient...". He never told her that I called. Eve just made that assumption.
  • After she was let go she had about a 3 minute window to still have access to her email before Rusty yanked her account. She chose those 3 minutes to jewpunch me. :lmao:
Everything is good. The 3 of us were laughing about it by the end of the meeting.

My new shtick around campus is "Do you know who I am? All I need is to make one phone call and you're fired. Watch your step, pal."
I guess that's good.

and yet, somehow, I'm disappointed that there isn't... more.

And FTR: In my 20 years in education I have worked with a wide variety of students. From 3rd grade up to 12th. Kids from the country club and kids locked up in juvy. I've worked with kids that best case scenario they don't end up dead or in prison and kids that applying to Ivy League schools. I've also had experience with just about every learning disability etc in the book.

All that being said: Kids are dumb.

UPDATE:

I guess that's good.

Well Eve is still out there somewhere holding a grudge.

UPDATE:

I guess that's good.

Well Eve is still out there somewhere holding a grudge.
go on...

And FTR: In my 20 years in education I have worked with a wide variety of students. From 3rd grade up to 12th. Kids from the country club and kids locked up in juvy. I've worked with kids that best case scenario they don't end up dead or in prison and kids that applying to Ivy League schools. I've also had experience with just about every learning disability etc in the book.

:goodposting:

Floppinho tests like a machine, but runs into walls... like a machine.

the timthread might be more fun than this one. I wonder what amendment # they are discussing now.
OMG OMG OMG

BAKERSFIELD, Calif. - The Bakersfield Condors, owned by the Edmonton Oilers, announced today that when Bakersfield moves to the American Hockey League (AHL) in 2015-16, the team name will remain the Bakersfield Condors.

The announcement was made with representatives of the Oilers Entertainment Group visiting Condorstown in preparation for the team's move to the AHL.

The announcement was made after the first period of the game against the Idaho Steelheads.

"We are delighted to confirm the Bakersfield Condors name will continue for the 2015-16 AHL season and beyond. The Condors have a great legacy in the community of Bakersfield and a great reputation in minor hockey for their creative and fun, family-oriented atmosphere at the Rabobank Arena. What better way to build a strong future in the AHL Pacific Division, than to build off the great Condors brand," OEG Vice Chair and Director of Hockey Operatoin Kevin Lowe said.

Condors president Matthew Riley said, "This is Condorstown. Why change a great thing? For over 17 years, the Condors have brought affordable family fun, tremendous community involvement, and great entertainment to the city of Bakersfield. With the additional resources and support of Oilers Entertainment Group, we will continue to do just that. We're taking fun to a new level."

He continued saying, "Given the parent club Oilers name, along with our communities economy being largely oil based, the pull to change the name to something oil related was great. But there are other ways we can tie that in to what we do."

The announcement was made during the first period of tonight's Condors game with a capacity crowd in attendance.

The Edmonton Oilers are operated by the Oilers Entertainment Group, which also owns the Edmonton Oil Kings of the Western Hockey League. The Oilers AHL team is currently operating as the Oklahoma City Barons, which will move to Bakersfield next season.

Trying to help my wife deal with crippling depression is the hardest thing I've ever done. It's like trying to paddle a boat with a tennis racket. Everything you say and do can make all the sense in the world and seem like it should make a difference, but you end up exhausted, frustrated and in the same spot while the boat keeps sinking.
As someone who was recently on the other side of this, everything you do helps, even if it doesn't produce immediate results.There were days when my wife would single handendly keep my head above water all while I looked like I was flailing down.

Its hard, but she can make it through. I'm assuming she's on medication. If not, get that taken care of ASAP.
She's actually transitioning from one medication that the doctor said wasn't working anymore (clearly) to Lexapro. The doctor said the transition would be hard and it definitely has been. She's starting to see a therapist tonight. I'm hoping they start to make a difference soon because right now she has given up. She's lost all hope. It's totally heartbreaking to see.
I have battled depression on and off over the years to the point where these past few months have been the darkest I can remember. I started reading The Depression Cure. I am not all the way through it yet but it is a great read. I am on and will continue to be on Effexor (Venlafaxine) for OCD symptoms and depression, but this book is giving me some other ideas/anchors.

Talks about 6 steps of Therapeutic Lifestyle Changes (TLC)

4. Light therapy - we need sunlight. My depression worsens in Jan/Feb..work from 7:30-5:30 and have lunch at your desk..you won't see the sun for a while. That's not
Well......####.

Users who are viewing this thread