What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (19 Viewers)

Fair enough. I believe there is a saying that unsolicited free advice is worth as much as you paid for it  :lol:

And yes, I'm not sure how you get to our age without ever having had grilled cheese with bacon. Smear some Nutella on that and you have a masterpiece.
I've also never had Nutella.  :lmao:

What are the early symptoms? Woke up in middle of the night last night and had pain in left side of neck into head. Also unnaturally tired after doing some teaching on Fri and today. Have had some cold symptoms for about 10 days but not sure if related.   :unsure:
That's the ball cancer, no flu. You're good. 

:mellow:  

I understand this #### from tanner. If it doesn't come out of a TV dinner from the 50's, he either doesn't like it, or hasn't had it.

But the rest you?  WTF?
Yeah, and it's not like we're talking about some gourmet, pretentious #### here.  "Oh, your caviar wasn't Beluga."  We're talking about bacon.  And cheese.  The two nectars of the gods, with your choice of ####ty bread.  Good god, people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, and it's not like we're talking about some gourmet, pretentious #### here.  "Oh, your caviar wasn't Beluga."  We're talking about bacon.  And cheese.  The two nectars of the gods, with your choice of ####ty bread.  Good god, people.
Don't forget the butter, another nectar of the gods.

hell, I bet tanner's even had had one.  Probably with hideous American cheese, but he's had one. 

Shout out to @krista4 for hooking up my wife's, smoke show of a cousin, with a guide in Nicaragua. His FB post was too funny, he said he would do his best to be a bodyguard for them while they are in country. 

Thanks krista. :wub:  

TLDR version: Stop hiding things from the people you love. You'll both be happier and more content if you don't.
I'm happier and more content when people leave me alone.  When people think you're sick, they tend to not leave you alone.  When people think you're REALLY sick, they're giant pains in the ### about it.  Different people deal with things differently for different reasons.  It's OK.

krista4 said:
Since we're sharing health news, i'll let you guys know I don't have cancer (and I'm not pooping).  Had a scare and had been panicked for a couple of months.  Didn't tell anyone about it, including Mr. krista or family (actually still haven't, but I guess I should since he'll probably read this).  Got the all clear today.  You may now send me whatever the opposite of TPW are.
Also, somehow missed that post.  Glad you're not dying, k4.

Fat Drunk and Stupid said:
Ortega? WTF are you? Poor?

#OldElPaso4Life
Oh my god, you're absolutely right.  That's the one I meant.  Yellow box ####ty tacos.

She's probably single handily bankrupting the USPS with mail being forwarded from old addresses
In my early Chicago renting years, I stopped getting mail once and wondered what was going on, and then realized it was because I had moved out of an apartment building and then back into the same building five months later, causing my mail to get stuck in a continuous forwarding loop between the two locations.  Actually actually true.

###### tacos sound better than the raw veggie/quinoa salad I’m currently having.

Almost 30 years ago my mother told me she had thrown out my baseball card collection.  It wasn't a big deal, though I was slightly annoyed, and I just figured "well, that's the end of that."  I moved on with my life.

In an utterly weird twist, today I heard from my brother that he was cleaning out an old storage locker and found my baseball card collection - still in binder sleeves, mint condition, which he had rescued when my mother threw it out and was holding onto to surprise me with but forgot all about it.

Almost 30 years ago my mother told me she had thrown out my baseball card collection.  It wasn't a big deal, though I was slightly annoyed, and I just figured "well, that's the end of that."  I moved on with my life.

In an utterly weird twist, today I heard from my brother that he was cleaning out an old storage locker and found my baseball card collection - still in binder sleeves, mint condition, which he had rescued when my mother threw it out and was holding onto to surprise me with but forgot all about it.
:thumbup:

Last night I taught my 13 yr old daughter how to make Spanish rice from scratch with day old rice, and how to make beef/green chili enchiladas. So we spent about 45 mins in the kitchen putting this all together. When it was done it was delicious.  Tonight I teach them how to make chicken fried rice.

This is a result of ordering Chinese Saturday night and requesting extra rice. They gave me about 10 cups of rice. Never let rice go to waste.

no more hard taco shells for you

ETA: I have a cousin - like me, one who has always been able to rest his head anywhere - who has worked only tax season for the last 50 yrs because he's one of those few who saved his '50-'60s cards & comix in reasonably mint ways

My dad has my baseball cards. Plus the ones he started collecting during the card boom of the 90s. About a year ago he stopped in a collectibles shop just to talk with the guy.  The owner told him that almost all commons from the 80s/90s are only good for setting on fire.  There may be a few that are worth dollars to 10s of dollars but everything else is just kindling.  The only cards he'd be interested in were my dad's cards from the 50s/60s.  

I think I have at least one of every year of Mike Schmidt card ever made if that gives some idea. Not every maker, but every year. 

Edit: I apparently do not have every year of Schmidt's career.  He played until '89? I thought he ended his career in '82 or '83.

I think I have at least one of every year of Mike Schmidt card ever made if that gives some idea. Not every maker, but every year. 

Edit: I apparently do not have every year of Schmidt's career.  He played until '89? I thought he ended his career in '82 or '83.
lol

Users who are viewing this thread