Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
General Malaise

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

If they’re at war with administration, it’s you vs. a high school principal.  I promise you can do this. 

No surprise they turned down my kids appeal so I've requested a meeting with the principal to discuss this in person.  It is 50/50 if I will hear back from him today. 

@krista4  if I want to toss out the threat of legal action to prevent them from notifying schools what would that sound like?  I'm thinking defamation of character but never watched to much Law and Order to be sure what jargon/BS is appropriate in situations like this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, berndog said:

No surprise they turned down my kids appeal so I've requested a meeting with the principal to discuss this in person.  It is 50/50 if I will hear back from him today. 

@krista4  if I want to toss out the threat of legal action to prevent them from notifying schools what would that sound like?  I'm thinking defamation of character but never watched to much Law and Order to be sure what jargon/BS is appropriate in situations like this. 

Honestly?

Is this panel of students supposed to be the shining examples of what the student body is and not the idiots ditching class and vaping weed behind the gym? If so, I think you need to have a little chat with yourself about where your children are being educated, because the results suck

Edited by Limp Ditka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, berndog said:

No surprise they turned down my kids appeal so I've requested a meeting with the principal to discuss this in person.  It is 50/50 if I will hear back from him today. 

@krista4  if I want to toss out the threat of legal action to prevent them from notifying schools what would that sound like?  I'm thinking defamation of character but never watched to much Law and Order to be sure what jargon/BS is appropriate in situations like this. 

In all seriousness, I’d keep it vague at first. Send the letter saying if they continue to do this you will take all available action against the school, the district, and the administrators personally.  That continued publication of this information to such a widespread audience places your son in a false light (you’ll never win a false light case with these facts, so just use the buzz words) and that while you have no desire to make this a legal issue, if they continue to use their screw up to punish your kid, they’re making that choice, not you. 

And then call the local “on your side” tv show. 

Edited by Henry Ford
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

@berndogdoes your school publish the Honor Society in the local paper or anything?

I seriously doubt it is published anywhere outside of the yearbook or some recognition during graduation.  I just don't want them contacting the colleges. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, berndog said:

I seriously doubt it is published anywhere outside of the yearbook or some recognition during graduation.  I just don't want them contacting the colleges. 

Right, so the big question is “what law are they violating?” And the answer is probably “none.” But they’re being giant #####.  In which case, the appropriate response is probably to make their lives hell through administration, school board, press, documenting every infraction every one of them is involved in, filing angry letters with the school board every time they file an improper TPS report, etc. You need to become the worst nightmare of this teacher and principal, which is usually “a really involved parent who is paying attention to every single thing they do.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Henry Ford said:

In all seriousness, I’d keep it vague at first. Send the letter saying if they continue to do this you will take all available action against the school, the district, and the administrators personally.  That continued publication of this information to such a widespread audience places your son in a false light (you’ll never win a false light case with these facts, so just use the buzz words) and that while you have no desire to make this a legal issue, if they continue to use their screw up to punish your kid, they’re making that choice, not you. 

And then call the local “on your side” tv show. 

Unsurprisingly, HF answered your question better than I could have. :thumbup: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course they are unable to meet with me today and their only availability is at 1:00 tomorrow.  They could not make it any more inconvenient for me as I need to re-arrange several meetings.

On top of that 2 administrators and 1 advisor pulled my son out of class today to tell him they denied his appeal and he would not be a member of honor society.  :rant: Every time they change their story a little bit more on why he was kicked out.  On the plus side I have a signed form he completed service hours with another teacher. 

Even with the proof he completed all requirements on time I know they will not change their mind.  I will start off tomorrow's meeting calmly presenting this proof and I'm sure the meeting will end with me shouting expletives and being physically removed from the school. 

This whole thing is so stupid and I am amazed how they have chose to dig their heels in.  My son is a marching band, history loving, AP taking kid who wants to be a lawyer.  It baffles me they are picking this fight. 

@Henry Ford - I hear you about being a pain in the ### and it sounds good on paper but honestly don't have the time or will to fight that fight. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, berndog said:

Of course they are unable to meet with me today and their only availability is at 1:00 tomorrow.  They could not make it any more inconvenient for me as I need to re-arrange several meetings.

On top of that 2 administrators and 1 advisor pulled my son out of class today to tell him they denied his appeal and he would not be a member of honor society.  :rant: Every time they change their story a little bit more on why he was kicked out.  On the plus side I have a signed form he completed service hours with another teacher. 

Even with the proof he completed all requirements on time I know they will not change their mind.  I will start off tomorrow's meeting calmly presenting this proof and I'm sure the meeting will end with me shouting expletives and being physically removed from the school. 

This whole thing is so stupid and I am amazed how they have chose to dig their heels in.  My son is a marching band, history loving, AP taking kid who wants to be a lawyer.  It baffles me they are picking this fight. 

@Henry Ford - I hear you about being a pain in the ### and it sounds good on paper but honestly don't have the time or will to fight that fight. 

 

God bless that school for doing everything they can to prevent that.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like a lot of work @berndog, but it’s an excellent learning opportunity for your son considering the profession he is interested in.

Edited by Osaurus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:43 PM, krista4 said:

Nothing interesting has happened in the last 7 months.  You can miss a year in here and still know what's going on.

That's proper incentive to come back, right?

 

RIGHT?!!?!?

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, berndog said:

Of course they are unable to meet with me today and their only availability is at 1:00 tomorrow.  They could not make it any more inconvenient for me as I need to re-arrange several meetings.

On top of that 2 administrators and 1 advisor pulled my son out of class today to tell him they denied his appeal and he would not be a member of honor society.  :rant: Every time they change their story a little bit more on why he was kicked out.  On the plus side I have a signed form he completed service hours with another teacher. 

Even with the proof he completed all requirements on time I know they will not change their mind.  I will start off tomorrow's meeting calmly presenting this proof and I'm sure the meeting will end with me shouting expletives and being physically removed from the school. 

This whole thing is so stupid and I am amazed how they have chose to dig their heels in.  My son is a marching band, history loving, AP taking kid who wants to be a lawyer.  It baffles me they are picking this fight. 

@Henry Ford - I hear you about being a pain in the ### and it sounds good on paper but honestly don't have the time or will to fight that fight. 

 

Kid’s almost out of your house. This is your last chance to go to bat for him. 

I know it sucks.  I know you don’t want to.  I know you don’t have the time. Sorry, man.  Has to be done. Plus, you’ll see the broken shell of this administrator for years around town. It’s way better than seeing him as the new superintendent for years while being pissed about what he did to your son. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, the rover said:

God bless that school for doing everything they can to prevent that.

If he stays in NHS, maybe he’ll be a doctor instead. They’re practically pushing him into law school. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are precious few times in life when you can be absolutely in the right, can look a man in the eyes and say “if you do not do what I am asking, I am going to be the worst thing that ever happened to you.”  And then follow through. And be completely justified. 

If you don’t do those things at that time, I don’t even know why everyone gets up in the morning. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, General Malaise said:

Kind of glad I have stupid children.

Actually, that's not true.  Not sure how it happened, but my oldest is now a freshman in HS and has straight As and is in AP classes.  His ACT scores he took last year were unreal.  Considering his parents, I'm kind of surprised.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, General Malaise said:

Actually, that's not true.  Not sure how it happened, but my oldest is now a freshman in HS and has straight As and is in AP classes.  His ACT scores he took last year were unreal.  Considering his parents, I'm kind of surprised.  

Well, presumably he hasn't discovered booze yet...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Frostillicus

Sideways is still a horrible movie

The Bulldolls were on TV, but krista was pooping and missed it

thorn was trying to date a 28 year old, but he couldn't handle that she texts like his mom.  Or something.

"Redmond's rebuild" was 2 inches short, but his wife never complained.  There are pictures somewhere. 

Some idiot left his laptop bag in Nebraska

@Man of Constant Sorrow: Get some sleep.  And be careful doing it!

If you want to be a Jeopardy Champion, buy Smart Water

If you'd like to buy a house, bid against fish.  Especially if you're willing to make a cash offer.  fish was apparently offering hedgehogs?

https://imgur.com/a/OEF1t

Lots of people and their family members survived hurricanes, floods, wildfires, mudslides, locusts, insomnia, unemployment, and severed vas deferens.  A few of us are still working through a few of them.

Dylan is pretty awesome.  He bought us all frozen treats from the ice cream man.

cos is the new Harvey Weinstein. If you'd like a part in his next movie, the line for the Casting Easy Rest Adjustable Bed is to the left.

Sweet J is paying someone good money to learn how to get along with his wife once they're no longer married and no longer have to get along. 

DaRaiders' dad played Tambourine for Buddy Guy and his wife's boobs are good, thanks for asking

kev took a trip to somewhere.  I can never remember where with him.

We're all very proud of our Astros until their fans become obnoxious like Red Sox fans.  But they'll still be better than "Cubs fans"

We reached the end of the internet when we discovered woz is a responsible adult and Cappy has a kid. 

Start your own damn video thread!

If your doctor tells you to take 1 pill every 12 hours until the container is gone, he might not mean to take 2 pills per day.  Somehow.  It's complicated.  Apparently.

Tanner bought a Jeff Goldblum vs Godzilla shower Curtain to remind him of all the hot Asian women he worked with in the restaurant industry.

Cobalt!

We found out Apes With Guns has a pet bacon tree.  Actually true.

The kristas decided buying houses was no longer sufficient for them.  They've moved on to building houses to save money on gifts to the previous owners.

furley is still holding onto the towel rack he bought you for Christmas**.  Please to send him your address. 

Who the hell goes to Vegas without a lizard?  CAN YOU IMAGINE?!?!?

jhib's father in law put his Echo down his pants and asked Alexa for a hummer.  Probably.

We never got an answer to, "Guess who's wife just backed into the neighbors car?"  Still waiting with bated breath,

Henry Ford is going through early onset puberty

rover is bringin sexyback. But he's doing it with less money than he had before halftime.

Lambskin's collecting decorations for St. Patrick's Day if you have any you'd like to contribute.

Frosty made a brief appearance.  It was OK.  Kind of a pain in the ###.  I mean, not like in the GM getting to 3rd and a half base kind of way.  But still.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

**Some assembly required. Instructions not included.

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, heckmanm said:

Well, presumably he hasn't discovered booze yet...

Yeah, I kind of keep waiting for that, but I just don't think he's interested in it, yet.  I did tell him if he could keep this up for 2 more years, he'll have all sorts of opportunities to flee our coop, which I think excites him because our house is a complete sh!t show.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

There are precious few times in life when you can be absolutely in the right, can look a man in the eyes and say “if you do not do what I am asking, I am going to be the worst thing that ever happened to you.”  And then follow through. And be completely justified. 

If you don’t do those things at that time, I don’t even know why everyone gets up in the morning. 

I hear you and believe me I have gone to bat for my kids numerous times. 

Some day I will share the tale of how I left his 5th grade teacher crying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, berndog said:

I hear you and believe me I have gone to bat for my kids numerous times. 

Some day I will share the tale of how I left his 5th grade teacher crying.

It’s your last chance to make a teacher cry.  Don’t let it get away. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although it also creates an interesting teaching moment for your son. 

Sit him down.  Tell him you want to go whole hog after the school.  But he’s an adult now and you want to know what he wants.  Explain it will take forever, the school will be angry, but you will tear the walls of the building down if it takes that and he decides he wants to fight this.  See what he wants. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Although it also creates an interesting teaching moment for your son. 

Sit him down.  Tell him you want to go whole hog after the school.  But he’s an adult now and you want to know what he wants.  Explain it will take forever, the school will be angry, but you will tear the walls of the building down if it takes that and he decides he wants to fight this.  See what he wants. 

 Totally agree with this.  Go after them. They don't give a #### about your son.  It will be worth it, regardless of the outcome. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Although it also creates an interesting teaching moment for your son. 

Sit him down.  Tell him you want to go whole hog after the school.  But he’s an adult now and you want to know what he wants.  Explain it will take forever, the school will be angry, but you will tear the walls of the building down if it takes that and he decides he wants to fight this.  See what he wants. 

He just wants to graduate and get as far away from that school as possible.  As long as they don't notify the colleges he could care less if he in NHS or not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, berndog said:

He just wants to graduate and get as far away from that school as possible.  As long as they don't notify the colleges he could care less if he in NHS or not. 

But they are notifying the colleges. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

@Frostillicus

Sideways is still a horrible movie

The Bulldolls were on TV, but krista was pooping and missed it

thorn was trying to date a 28 year old, but he couldn't handle that she texts like his mom.  Or something.

"Redmond's rebuild" was 2 inches short, but his wife never complained.  There are pictures somewhere. 

Some idiot left his laptop bag in Nebraska

@Man of Constant Sorrow: Get some sleep.  And be careful doing it!

If you want to be a Jeopardy Champion, buy Smart Water

If you'd like to buy a house, bid against fish.  Especially if you're willing to make a cash offer.  fish was apparently offering hedgehogs?

https://imgur.com/a/OEF1t

Lots of people and their family members survived hurricanes, floods, wildfires, mudslides, locusts, insomnia, unemployment, and severed vas deferens.  A few of us are still working through a few of them.

Dylan is pretty awesome.  He bought us all frozen treats from the ice cream man.

cos is the new Harvey Weinstein. If you'd like a part in his next movie, the line for the Casting Easy Rest Adjustable Bed is to the left.

Sweet J is paying someone good money to learn how to get along with his wife once they're no longer married and no longer have to get along. 

DaRaiders' dad played Tambourine for Buddy Guy and his wife's boobs are good, thanks for asking

kev took a trip to somewhere.  I can never remember where with him.

We're all very proud of our Astros until their fans become obnoxious like Red Sox fans.  But they'll still be better than "Cubs fans"

We reached the end of the internet when we discovered woz is a responsible adult and Cappy has a kid. 

Start your own damn video thread!

If your doctor tells you to take 1 pill every 12 hours until the container is gone, he might not mean to take 2 pills per day.  Somehow.  It's complicated.  Apparently.

Tanner bought a Jeff Goldblum vs Godzilla shower Curtain to remind him of all the hot Asian women he worked with in the restaurant industry.

Cobalt!

We found out Apes With Guns has a pet bacon tree.  Actually true.

The kristas decided buying houses was no longer sufficient for them.  They've moved on to building houses to save money on gifts to the previous owners.

furley is still holding onto the towel rack he bought you for Christmas**.  Please to send him your address. 

Who the hell goes to Vegas without a lizard?  CAN YOU IMAGINE?!?!?

jhib's father in law put his Echo down his pants and asked Alexa for a hummer.  Probably.

We never got an answer to, "Guess who's wife just backed into the neighbors car?"  Still waiting with bated breath,

Henry Ford is going through early onset puberty

rover is bringin sexyback. But he's doing it with less money than he had before halftime.

Lambskin's collecting decorations for St. Patrick's Day if you have any you'd like to contribute.

Frosty made a brief appearance.  It was OK.  Kind of a pain in the ###.  I mean, not like in the GM getting to 3rd and a half base kind of way.  But still.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

**Some assembly required. Instructions not included.

Omg we are building a house!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Coop is the new face of Monkey Business Sports - Water Toys line.  He's getting paid $125 for a 2 hour photo shoot to be used for their packaging.  Not too shabby and he gets out of school early today.  About damn time one of my kids started making some money.

Will they also give him one of each thing he’s on the packaging for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Coop is the new face of Monkey Business Sports - Water Toys line.  He's getting paid $125 for a 2 hour photo shoot to be used for their packaging.  Not too shabby and he gets out of school early today.  About damn time one of my kids started making some money.

Invest in GM Shares.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Reg Lllama of Brixton said:

I hope it's the Finger Rocketz.

Company missed a great opportunity in not naming them Finger Blasterz

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Will they also give him one of each thing he’s on the packaging for?

Yeah, he's going to get a whole box of these do-hickies that he can pass out to his buddies.  If he has any sense, he'll pass them out to the cute girls too. :thumbup:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.