What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (16 Viewers)

killin' some time getting ####faced on some old-fashioneds here in Jersey - no seats at the bar, mutha ####### deadbeats nursing beers (seriously, ####head, TAKE THE ####### NIPPLE OFF) - all glued for this Barcelona/Chelsea game where men in shorts are kickin' a sphere about 

:censored:

i need to roll back to da 'hood ? these damn suburbanites  :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
say what you will about social media but at least it makes for an effective weeding out tool.

seem to have mostly trimmed my list of friends down to just the people i actually enjoy but every once in a while someone pops up and surprises.

So, apparently the only part of my washing machine’s tub that isn’t made of stainless steel, and thus impervious to most forms of corrosion, is the part at the bottom that holds the whole damn thing together. I guess there was a paper mache  shortage that year.

Thank you GE!

So, apparently the only part of my washing machine’s tub that isn’t made of stainless steel, and thus impervious to most forms of corrosion, is the part at the bottom that holds the whole damn thing together. I guess there was a paper mache  shortage that year.

Thank you GE!
gb planned obsolescence 

Thank you GE!
That seems really weird to me.  The only time I’ve seen rust or corrosion in a washing machine is up near the bleach port thingy.

That seems really weird to me.  The only time I’ve seen rust or corrosion in a washing machine is up near the bleach port thingy.
Its the “hub”that sits under the agitator and bolts onto the tub to hold it to the spinny part of the motor. This washer is almost 13 years old, but still, there’s no reason why this should not be stainless or why the tub isn’t one stupid piece to begin with.

Bonus question: Guess which part the online stores only list in conjunction with the whole tub assembly for $500, and not individually? (Hint: It’s not Furley’s wife)

Its the “hub”that sits under the agitator and bolts onto the tub to hold it to the spinny part of the motor. This washer is almost 13 years old, but still, there’s no reason why this should not be stainless or why the tub isn’t one stupid piece to begin with.

Bonus question: Guess which part the online stores only list in conjunction with the whole tub assembly for $500, and not individually? (Hint: It’s not Furley’s wife)
Oof

Shocking. 
Let’s see if we can put this into perspective.

This song came out in the fall of 1982.  The local radio stations were pure, hot garbage.  If it wasn’t on the charts it wasn’t going to be played.

Your humble narrator was at the tender age of 14 or 15.  I was listening to early U2, REM’s first EP, the Clash, and a bunch of goofy New Wave crap.  Yeah, I was a proto hipster in madras shorts and a dumb haircut.

MTV was my only refuge.

But guess what video aired every 12 minutes? Yeah, you guessed it.  The gutless, MoR, cloying, overrated turd known as “Africa”.  

You get home from school, flip over the knob on the converter box to MTV hoping for some Split Enz or Oingo Boingo or whatever and there’s Toto.  Just crapping all over the place.  Like clockwork.  Change the channel for 20 minutes and then come back...as sure as Nina Blackwood’s carpet didn’t match drapes there was some goon missing rain.

Yeah.

This song came out in the fall of 1982.  The local radio stations were pure, hot garbage.  If it wasn’t on the charts it wasn’t going to be played.

Your humble narrator was at the tender age of 14 or 15.  I was listening to early U2, REM’s first EP, the Clash, and a bunch of goofy New Wave crap.  Yeah, I was a proto hipster in madras shorts and a dumb haircut.

MTV was my only refuge.

But guess what video aired every 12 minutes? Yeah, you guessed it.  The gutless, MoR, cloying, overrated turd known as “Africa”.  

You get home from school, flip over the knob on the converter box to MTV hoping for some Split Enz or Oingo Boingo or whatever and there’s Toto.  Just crapping all over the place.  Like clockwork.  Change the channel for 20 minutes and then come back...as sure as Nina Blackwood’s carpet didn’t match drapes there was some goon missing rain.

Yeah.
longest reg post ever. 

Terminal 1 E concourse of MSP airport there’s a bar called Bar Lolo. They have the best breakfast here and one of the best in the city. Eggs over easy, hash browns with bacon and cheese, a whole sausage and toast with some kind of bacon jelly. 

Dude next to me is wearing a fedora and is on his 2nd shot of tequila and has been nursing a double pour of red wine. It’s 6:30 am. Damn. 

Terminal 1 E concourse of MSP airport there’s a bar called Bar Lolo. They have the best breakfast here and one of the best in the city. Eggs over easy, hash browns with bacon and cheese, a whole sausage and toast with some kind of bacon jelly. 

Dude next to me is wearing a fedora and is on his 2nd shot of tequila and has been nursing a double pour of red wine. It’s 6:30 am. Damn. 
That’s dedication 

That’s dedication 
No kidding.  Who knew fedoras were still a thing?

Damn. The sad reality is that I'm only 2-3 years younger than Tanner.

All of a sudden my hip hurts and I feel the need to make sure there are no kids on my lawn.

MTV was my only refuge.

Yeah.
we all have our pet hatreds.

mine was "you spin me round round baby" by that horrible dancer guy with the worst hair ever.   

I'm realizing more and more that I structure and that change stresses me out.

For the last few weeks every project I've been on at work has had issue after issue and my schedule for what job sites I'm on seems to change multiple times per day. Today alone my schedule for next week has changed 3 times already. 

It's crazy because most of the changes so far have actually resulted in less actual work and a bunch of short days for me, but my stress levels have remained high just due to the constant uncertainty.

It's crazy because most of the changes so far have actually resulted in less actual work and a bunch of short days for me, but my stress levels have remained high just due to the constant uncertainty.
If less work makes more stress, you're doing i wrong.

Maybe make a more flexible schedule, so you don't get all anal about it.

Mon am Appointments

Mon pm - Open

Tue am Flex Time

Tue pm Appointments

Reg Lllama of Brixton said:

MTV was my only refuge.

Yeah.
maybe some Ebn Ozn

If less work makes more stress, you're doing i wrong.

Maybe make a more flexible schedule, so you don't get all anal about it.

Mon am Appointments

Mon pm - Open

Tue am Flex Time

Tue pm Appointments
I have zero control over my own schedule unfortunately. 

Rustoleum said:

The Agitator is my wife's wrestling name.

Users who are viewing this thread