What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (19 Viewers)

krista4 said:
I left the house with the TV on whatever was playing basketball (TBS?), then came home and turned it on and find that there's a version of the Joker's Wild with Snoop Dogg as the host.  Apparently this has been a thing for a while?  And no one told me?
Is the last round "Face the Dizzle"?

So, my company (insurance/financial services) uses a "workflow management" application to route all sorts of items that need to be processed or reviewed by various departments.  It's basically the central nervous system for daily business processing.

Last night, the vendor managed to effectively delete our entire production database, including all copies across 3 separate data centers AND their "disaster recovery" site.  They had a backup, but it's something like 20TB of data and it's not going to be restored until early Saturday morning.

Oops.

We are doing a Color Battle at school today as a "reward" for fund-raising.

I told my principal that I wouldn't be participating. "Pretty sure I protested against color battles in the 60s, Ryan."
I have heard bad things about that powder.  If anyone throwing that garbage has some kind of cold, flu, typhoid, etc..., it’s coming your way.  Other than that, sounds like a blast.  

So, my company (insurance/financial services) uses a "workflow management" application to route all sorts of items that need to be processed or reviewed by various departments.  It's basically the central nervous system for daily business processing.

Last night, the vendor managed to effectively delete our entire production database, including all copies across 3 separate data centers AND their "disaster recovery" site.  They had a backup, but it's something like 20TB of data and it's not going to be restored until early Saturday morning.

Oops.
Impressive.

Oops.
let me know if you are in the market for another intelligence workflow platform.  :coffee:  

I have heard bad things about that powder.  If anyone throwing that garbage has some kind of cold, flu, typhoid, etc..., it’s coming your way.  Other than that, sounds like a blast.  
I'm not having anything to do with the actual color bukkake-fest.  I'll be monitoring the kids that didn't raise enough money.  They're watching some movie in the multi-purpose room.  

We are doing a Color Battle at school today as a "reward" for fund-raising.

I told my principal that I wouldn't be participating. "Pretty sure I protested against color battles in the 60s, Ryan."
They did this for a 5K walk/run fundraiser for the school my son went to elementary school at. Every K, there was a coloring station. I, of course, just happened to live exactly 1K from the finish line, so the last station was step up right in front of my house. For 3 weeks it looked like a Smurf genocide had taken place on my sidewalk

The stupid thing is you can pay $10.50 for an Old Style or Bud Light, or $11.50 for a Goose Island.  So it is only an extra dollar to go from pee water to a decent beer.

The bleachers are fun to sit in.  Depending on the opposing outfielder you can get some interaction.  Cubs against Astros years back, Lance Berkman playing LF, crowd was teasing him about his weight, as he ran out to start an inning someone threw down a package of Twinkies.  He opened it, ate one and put the other in his pocket, turned around and thanked the guy.
I :heart: the Big Puma

krista4 said:
I left the house with the TV on whatever was playing basketball (TBS?), then came home and turned it on and find that there's a version of the Joker's Wild with Snoop Dogg as the host.  Apparently this has been a thing for a while?  And no one told me?
The wife found a cooking show with Snoop and Martha Stewart where they have guests and get drinks. I'm pretty sure I didn't hallucinate that.

They did this for a 5K walk/run fundraiser for the school my son went to elementary school at. Every K, there was a coloring station. I, of course, just happened to live exactly 1K from the finish line, so the last station was step up right in front of my house. For 3 weeks it looked like a Smurf genocide had taken place on my sidewalk
I'm visualizing Hiroshi tricycle race in revenge of the nerds.

What does LaCrosse Wisconsin have to do with this?
Some quick research shows that you are right. I was under the impression that Old Style was a local brand to Chicago, perhaps because it had previously been owned by a Chicago family.

It certainly does have a history as a uniquely prevalent brand in Chicago.

Yeah. So does Malort and you're not going to catch me downing that stuff either.
Going back to visiting Chicago as a kid, I remember the Olde Style signs at basically every corner bar we drove by. It was still mostly the case when I lived in Chicago so I figured maybe it was some kind of local gem. When I move there, I tried Olde Style. Once.

Going back to visiting Chicago as a kid, I remember the Olde Style signs at basically every corner bar we drove by. It was still mostly the case when I lived in Chicago so I figured maybe it was some kind of local gem. When I move there, I tried Olde Style. Once.
https://nypost.com/2018/03/21/pabsts-olympia-beer-sued-for-false-advertising-pure-mountain-water/

A California beer lover claims to have been duped into buying Pabst’s Olympia beer — whose slogan is “It’s the Water” — because he thought it was a high-class brew made from the “artesian water in Tumwater, Washington.”
:lmao:

“I’m not sure the suit has merit,” said food lawyer Baylen Linnekin. “I live in Seattle, where Olympia is widely available as a cut-rate discount beer. You can get a six pack of 16-ounce cans for $4 or $5. No one is paying a premium for this beer.”

Last edited by a moderator:
What's even more stupid is that Oly has been available here since I was a kid at least (THAT'S LIKE THE 1700s! Hawwwwwwwwww).

Everybody knew that Oly, Hamms, Schaeffer, Meisterbrau, were cheap, yellow water with a hint of alcohol.
Peacock paid a “premium price” for the beer, according to the complaint, and was “denied” the benefit of purchasing a bargain beer because of Pabst’s false advertising.

Users who are viewing this thread