What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (8 Viewers)

belljr said:
Driving from Washington to NY a stop in Philadelphia is not "out of the way"   - no idea why they would just go for lunch - unless they are hitting the liberty bell or something
Agree that Philly is not out of the way, it's actually on the way.  As far as just lunch, the only things to do there are cheesesteaks and the Liberty Bell, unless you want to get mugged in which case they can do that too.

Last edited by a moderator:
DA RAIDERS said:
here is the itinerary:

moniticello, luray caverns, night tour of iwo jima and other monuments.

arlington, smithsonian, night tours of memeorials

capitol building, library of congress, holocaust museum?, national archives, white house photo op?, yet more night time memorials.  lotta night time viewing???

for some reason, they go to NYC at this point, with lunch in philly??? followed by a yankee game

today show, rock center, top of the rock, central park, times square, broadway show

statue of liberty, lower manhattan, home
Trip to NYC and a Yankees game?  Yea I see why that is expensive. 

DA RAIDERS said:
anyone ever send their kid to DC on a school field trip?  my daughter will be in 7th grade next year and it's just been presented to us.  i'm curious about the cost.  the quote is $2800/kid, everything included, for 6 days.  we are on the west coast.  does the cost seem reasonable?

have your kids done it?  did they like it?
Floppinho's 5th grade class is going for three days. PTA pays for it, so no idea about cost (they're taking buses and staying at a hostel style place). Previous years have loved the trip.

I would never bungee jump.  I came into this world because of a broken rubber and don’t want to go out because of it.

I'm not going to discuss the related politics here, but if you folks haven't seen Tomi Lahren's high school graduation pictures you have no idea what plastic surgery can do for a person.

Good lord, I just saw the menu for the Easter brunch at Mr. krista's restaurant (which is right on the water). :wub: I might have to become religious-y. 

please post the menu - this is no place for teasing.  
Sorry, seemed more of a tease to post, unless you’re going to fly in for it. :excited:

House-made pastries and bread*

House-cured gravlax eggs benedict w/ Meyer lemon and fresh dill hollandaise

House-made biscuits and sausage gravy

Made-to-order omelets

Seafood bar featuring Marrowstone Island oysters, house-cured steelhead gravlax, shrimp cocktail w/ house-smoked horseradish sauce, and more

Roasted Nash’s Farm ham

Coffee-rubbed USDA Prime Rib

Organic spring salad

Roasted potatoes and seasonal vegetables

Seasonal fresh fruit

A selection of house-made desserts

*This part might sound boring, but this includes chicken empanadas, beef empanadas, squash/pesto/plum tomato/Parmesan thingies, cream cheese cookies, whiskey-glazed peach and apple pastries w/ brown sugar and cinnamon, blueberry/cherry/lime pastries topped with coconut and white chocolate, cherry/strawberry/cream cheese pastries with dark chocolate, and others.  Plus the homemade breads are to die for.

Sorry, seemed more of a tease to post, unless you’re going to fly in for it. :excited:

Made-to-order omelets

Seafood bar featuring Marrowstone Island oysters, house-cured steelhead gravlax, shrimp cocktail w/ house-smoked horseradish sauce, and more

Roasted Nash’s Farm ham

Organic spring salad

Seasonal fresh fruit

*This part might sound boring, but this includes chicken empanadas, beef empanadas, squash/pesto/plum tomato/Parmesan thingies, cream cheese cookies, whiskey-glazed peach and apple pastries w/ brown sugar and cinnamon, blueberry/cherry/lime pastries topped with coconut and white chocolate, cherry/strawberry/cream cheese pastries with dark chocolate, and others.  Plus the homemade breads are to die for.
thanks!  wow - unbelievable.  Yeah, I am jealous.  That is one of the best buffet menus I have ever seen.  

Made-to-order omelets

Roasted Nash’s Farm ham

Organic spring salad

Seasonal fresh fruit

Out of curiosity,  price?

House-made matzah*

House-cured lox eggs benedict w/ Meyer lemon and fresh dill hollandaise

House-made matzah and chopped liver

Made-to-order hard boiled eggs

Seafood bar featuring gefilte fish w/ house-smoked horseradish sauce, and more

Roasted Nash’s Farm ham matzah ball soup

Coffee-rubbed Brisket

Organic spring salad

Roasted latkas and seasonal vegetables

Seasonal fresh fruit

Those weird jelly candies that someone brings to seder and no one ever eats

*This part might sound boring, but the matzah has cream cheese on it