What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (19 Viewers)

things are looking pretty good- I've pretty much pulled this out of my ### (and with longer hours), but I'm finally starting to believe in it. 

for S&Gs... it's a 4,600sf Park Avenue apartment (mostly gut) renovation, including all new HVAC and windows. 

- I'll take guesses for how much the bids come back at... closest gets an official floppo scarf soaked in my sweat and tears shipped directly to them. unless it's furley because can you imagine not videoing can you imagine etc. bids are due on christmas eve.

going home soon.
well, my buddy and his wife sold their 3rd floor apartment in Greenpoint for a hair over 2 million with no view after a bigger apartment building went up next door. place was OK, maybe 1500 sq ft top end. in a "developing" neighborhood that was more or less surrounded by empty buildings and pothole rutted side streets.

and he used to live in a studio apartment on Park Ave that was more or less a college dorm room and paid 3k a month for that 15 years ago................... so i'm going to say gut renovation on a place that big is pushing 90+ million. 

i'll call it $92mm

things are looking pretty good- I've pretty much pulled this out of my ### (and with longer hours), but I'm finally starting to believe in it. 

for S&Gs... it's a 4,600sf Park Avenue apartment (mostly gut) renovation, including all new HVAC and windows. 

- I'll take guesses for how much the bids come back at... closest gets an official floppo scarf soaked in my sweat and tears shipped directly to them. unless it's furley because can you imagine not videoing can you imagine etc. bids are due on christmas eve.

going home soon.
$1

So bathrooms at O’Hare in the morning are something else. I’ve heard some of the most disgusting sounding craps in here

Any of you guys ever win anything on these stupid amazon "giveaways"?  I was surfing around while watching football and won these:

Natural Vegan Peach Flavored Probiotic Vaginal Suppositories - Supports Yeast Infection

The wife wasn't tickled.  

Any of you guys ever win anything on these stupid amazon "giveaways"?  I was surfing around while watching football and won these:

Natural Vegan Peach Flavored Probiotic Vaginal Suppositories - Supports Yeast Infection

The wife wasn't tickled.  
Well, it’s no wonder.  Why would you support yeast infections?

A man gets a prescription for suppositories from his doctor. The doctor tries to explain how to use them, but the man stops him and says, "I'm not an idiot." 

A week later the doctor follows up and asks the man how things are going. The man replies that he finds the pills quite difficult to swallow and that they don't seem to be working. The doctor is surprised: "Excuse me, sir, but did you say you are swallowing these suppositories?" 

The man replies sarcastically, "No, I'm sticking them up my ###.”

A man gets a prescription for suppositories from his doctor. The doctor tries to explain how to use them, but the man stops him and says, "I'm not an idiot." 

A week later the doctor follows up and asks the man how things are going. The man replies that he finds the pills quite difficult to swallow and that they don't seem to be working. The doctor is surprised: "Excuse me, sir, but did you say you are swallowing these suppositories?" 

The man replies sarcastically, "No, I'm sticking them up my ###.”
A man goes in for his annual physical.  The doctor begins checking him out, looks up at him sternly and says “Mr. James, you are going to have to stop masturbating.”

“But why, doctor?” he asks.

Because I am trying to examine you.

This was an actual text from my wife. Note she calls her SUV a truck

Do you know where the truck keys are? 

Me: no 

Her: what varsity jacket were you wearing Friday?

Me: my what?

So apparently my wife is calling hoodie varsity jackets now.....

Might have to pull out the old letterman jacket now

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
belljr said:
This was an actual text from my wife. Note she calls her SUV a truck

Do you know where the truck keys are? 

Me: no 

Her: what varsity jacket were you wearing Friday?

Me: my what?

So apparently my wife is calling hoodie varsity jackets now.....

Might have to pull out the old letterman jacket now

:lol:
http://gph.is/17Ce5pX

Henry Ford said:
A man goes in for his annual physical.  The doctor begins checking him out, looks up at him sternly and says “Mr. James, you are going to have to stop masturbating.”

“But why, doctor?” he asks.

Because I am trying to examine you.
I was at the doctor the other day and he told me to take off my pants.

So I did then asked him "where should I put them?"

He says "over there on the chair next to mine".

I was at the doctor the other day and he told me to take off my pants.

So I did then asked him "where should I put them?"

He says "over there on the chair next to mine".
I had to get my prostate checked, and I don't know what was going on but this time it really hurt.  I told the doctor, and he was very comforting.  He took my right hand in his and patted my head with his left until the exam was over.

So, about what grade do kids typically stop using backpacks with character or whatever and just go with plain backpacks?
4th grade my oldest said she just wanted a plain backpack. she's in 5th now and has a zebra striped backpack because she likes "fashion".

seems the rest of the kids in her class that i see are all sporting plain, or low-key backpacks instead of the bright, character based ones they had in 3rd or prior.

4th grade my oldest said she just wanted a plain backpack. she's in 5th now and has a zebra striped backpack because she likes "fashion".

seems the rest of the kids in her class that i see are all sporting plain, or low-key backpacks instead of the bright, character based ones they had in 3rd or prior.
Yeah, that's about what I am thinking. Always tough for us to gauge in this type of thing because my daughter's developmental levels put her at a different place. But also don't want her to be even more the kid that sticks out and potentially gets made fun of. 

Have a family member ask about getting her a Mario backpack for Christmas and wasn't sure if that would be a potential issue.

Yeah, that's about what I am thinking. Always tough for us to gauge in this type of thing because my daughter's developmental levels put her at a different place. But also don't want her to be even more the kid that sticks out and potentially gets made fun of. 

Have a family member ask about getting her a Mario backpack for Christmas and wasn't sure if that would be a potential issue.
i'd say when my oldest turned 9 she started to feel "grown up" and became less interested in things that she felt the "little" kids were doing.

some of the kids in her class are coming up on 12 & it definitely feels like some of them think they're ready to move out on their own and start paying the bills.

as far as i can tell, my daughter, 7th grade, is training for a career as an infantryman.  she refuses to use her locker and her back pack, plain for the last 3-4 years, weighs nearly as much as she does.   :crazy:  

as far as i can tell, my daughter, 7th grade, is training for a career as an infantryman.  she refuses to use her locker and her back pack, plain for the last 3-4 years, weighs nearly as much as she does.   :crazy:  
I remember a number of years where my locker location compared to where my classes were made it virtually impossible to get to my locker between most classes. 

Of course, I think a lot of kids would rather just spend the time chatting with friends in between classes.

Can anyone pin down when the Age of Backpacks began? Nobody wore them in my era, how about it, some of my fellow oldsters, @Ditkaless Wonders or @wikkidpissah?

Which reminds me, we should probably have an Old Guys Thread About Everything, etc., too. Where we talk about old timey stuff that only we remember and our increasing frailties. And pooping.

Can anyone pin down when the Age of Backpacks began? Nobody wore them in my era, how about it, some of my fellow oldsters, @Ditkaless Wonders or @wikkidpissah?

Which reminds me, we should probably have an Old Guys Thread About Everything, etc., too. Where we talk about old timey stuff that only we remember and our increasing frailties. And pooping.
I'm a smidge younger than you, but I don't recall them either. I do remember some people carrying book bags (sorta like a gym bag).

Well, the krista bat-signal is out. Let's see how long it takes.

Users who are viewing this thread