What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (10 Viewers)

I am not a fan of Suncadia at all.  We can do better.  If we decide to do it, I’ll research.
I'm decided. Sounds like you & DA RAIDERS are, too. 

I'm guessing we can shame at least five or six more into playing.

My only "can't-do" is May 4-11

I'm decided. Sounds like you & DA RAIDERS are, too. 

I'm guessing we can shame at least five or six more into playing.

My only "can't-do" is May 4-11
Best time to visit here is July/August.  

Regarding Suncadia, I should say that if you golf it’s probably great.  There’s just nothing else to do there, unless you want to drive a bit to some good hiking.  For out-of-towners to visit an area that’s nearly nothing but water and then stay nowhere near the water seems like a missed opportunity.  

Best time to visit here is July/August.  

Regarding Suncadia, I should say that if you golf it’s probably great.  There’s just nothing else to do there, unless you want to drive a bit to some good hiking.  For out-of-towners to visit an area that’s nearly nothing but water and then stay nowhere near the water seems like a missed opportunity.  
Lol.   If you’re looking at summer, try to get a place with a dock.   I can bring a boat if people would like to go booze cruising, fishing or wakeboarding.

or just find a place in gig harbor.

Lol.   If you’re looking at summer, try to get a place with a dock.   I can bring a boat if people would like to go booze cruising, fishing or wakeboarding.

I was thinking Gig Harbor would be great, actually.  Location is fantastic for getting to a lot.  Bainbridge would be even better, but so much $$$.

Last edited by a moderator:
krista4 said:
Holy hell, that looks perfect.  Is the shtick the "castle" part?  By the way, 20 minutes from my house and 10 minutes from my favorite dive bar.  
Would that be Chad's Seafood? Because that place is JUMPING off of the map at me. Plus EMT Medical is close, which may come in handy.

The bar is super dead tonight. Should I get some Taco Bell and head home for SNL, or make an even worse decision involving an ATM and a strip club?

The bar is super dead tonight. Should I get some Taco Bell and head home for SNL, or make an even worse decision involving an ATM and a strip club?
2 double crunch wrap supremes, fully adorned nachos and a chili cheese burrito.  

pick up a large hot fudge and caramel sundae at Dairy Queen and eat that on the way home before you indulge in the Taco Bell.  

Uruk-Hai said:
Ok. So I'm guessing krista needs to unplug for a bit after her Herculean effort in the Beatles' thread. 

I know nothing about Seattle. Are there the kind of rentals like they have in the Outer Banks - 10 bedroom houses with a bunch of kitchens/decks, etc...?
There were...before k4 bought them all.

Yes.

I hereby veto this whole "Seattle" thing.
As much as I'd like to go somewhere else, if we're talking July/August the PNW is the best place to be.   Weather is perfect and so much to do.   This from a San Diego native.  I will get you drunk on a boat.   

And the hits keep coming.......... A good friend of mine died from complications from diabetes. Was on dialysis for 4 years, finally was in the top 10 for a kidney in Texas, and died before he could get one at age 48. No thropras needed. It was a surprise but not shocking as he really never took care of himself until it was too late.

Also, about to become homeless. We sold our house about a month ago, and have until April 5th to find something. As fast as condos come on the market they are scooped up before we can even see them. Three times this past week our realtor contacted me about condos that just got on the market. Set up an appt to see it and within hours get a call saying they have accepted offers. Apartments are few as well. Have an appt to see a town-home in a 55+ community on Weds. We'll see.... If nothing else we'll be living in a hotel for a few weeks. In the middle of all this, my wife had to have surgery last week to try and repair her incision from her hip replacement from this past July. She has two drains running out of her and packing has been on me. My daughter came over this weekend to help so that helped,  but I'll need to get more help as we have less than a month to be out of here.

I've never been this stressed in my life. Probably slept 3 hours the past two nights. 

Anyway, just needed to vent a little. 

Heading to Sedona on Wednesday just in time to miss the good weather here.  It was in the mid-80s here today.  “Winter” is over here and now we’re in Air Conditioning season.

I have a fundamental, philosophical problem with golf/count

-fish- said:
It isn't near the water, but I've got a group of 14 people staying at one of these places in May.  Great golf and restaurants.  It's a little over an hour from Seattle

https://www.vrbo.com/results?petIncluded=false&ssr=true&adultsCount=14&q=Suncadia Resort%2C Cle Elum%2C WA%2C USA&from-date=2019-08-16&to-date=2019-08-18
I'll be damned if I take a vacation from my golf course community to another golf course community. I need to get away.

the rover said:

If only we had an insider there to check what's available.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread