What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (22 Viewers)

Tuesday morning I take 70 8th graders to D.C. for a few days.  Long bus ride and I was recently hospitalized.  One of the medications makes me ####.  Not like when I get home or during prep but RIGHT ####### NOW.  Will be an interesting bus ride.  Might need to OD on immodium.  Oh and I turn around for another overnight field trip next Monday.  

Had a panic attack so severe I landed in the ER.   Fun way to spend the day.   Roverkid is freaking out because I had to leave our visit to go to the hospital.
Jesus, man. Please remember to take care of yourself alongside of your daughter.

• Smile
Reactions: SWC
Had a panic attack so severe I landed in the ER.   Fun way to spend the day.   Roverkid is freaking out because I had to leave our visit to go to the hospital.
Oh my god.  Are you out of there?

My backpacking trip got canceled, because drama.  Let me know if you need anything.  We’re close by!

:banned:  

Me too!  Couple weeks ago. Nothing was wrong.  

I’m approaching the same age that my dad keeled over from a heart attack.  Soooooo.....it’s on my mind   Good times. Glad to hear you’re ok!

Thanks dear friends.

When  binky asked if I had anybody to talk to, really I was posting because I needed to say it all out loud in a safe place...amidst good people.

I've been through this kind of head space too many times, with varying degrees of outcomes. Since the kids, the voice telling me to give up and shut down can kiss my sweet cheeks right in the keester...it's just not a possibility. So it helps to say it out loud, as much to remind myself of that.

But also to remind myself I'm not alone when I've got people like all of you around. And people like furley.

All the love to you all.

And at least I didn't have a sissy panic attack.

urbanhack said:
Lived in Chicago (the city) for 23 years.  Born and raised in the Midwest 
I like the Windy City. Not too far from me.

I visited every once in a while - usually business related. 

Liked Michigan Ave. - had a few good times there.

Thnx.

Are there any plans for a @shuke and @Man of Constant Sorrow Cornhole coming up?  You guys are somewhat close no?  
OH, there is also a Abbey Road On The River in later May, that is kinda close to shuke and really close ta me.

K4 would prolly like a good representing force for the fest. Not sure if it is a shuke kinda thing tho. Plus, time constraints and what not.

Right after a derby trip, not sure how Mrs. Shuke would take it.

Luckily for all, there is no Mrs. Sorrow - so my options could be a little easier to arrange.

If all else fails, I put on the clown make-up and raid shuke-land unexpectedly.

That would be a hoot!

Well - if I am lucky, the shuker will let me buy him a brew or two Derby Day.

IF we can synch things up.

@shuke Since I have rented out my property for the weekend, I am pretty free all Derby Day.

Do you have your tickets yet? I'm guess'n yes. If so, where are they for?
I’m out for Derby this year.  Sorry. 

5+ hours in the car back and forth from the east coast (DeLand) to talk in an interview for the last 4 minutes or so.  I am beyond tired of driving across this state all the time.  

I’m out for Derby this year.  Sorry. 
Yeah. I just caught this on the afternoon news. 

Whole town is in a state a Sorrow. ☹️

No prob man - I be makin' due - just another day in the life. 

Hope all is well. 

Gotta run, squirrels are chew'n my ankles as I cut me grass. 

Needs ta get ready for the renters. 

Also, I may be AWOL at times in your musical chairs party - save me a seat tho - I cheat. 

omg ...I don't know who to punch first - this guy or his customers. 

ETA:  Gulliver Toth, the 29-year-old, chill-spoken owner of woolhatlodge, said his menu is inspired by the “diverse variety of auras he’s experienced in his life travels,” and his unique mocktails are “the unconventional beverage for the unconventional adult with an unconventional energy.”

yeah, I see it isn't real.  :triggered:

Last edited by a moderator:
@General Malaise at one point we’re you going to post some recommendations for pot stocks?

I may be misremembering and possibly I was under the influence but that seemed to stick in my head and my wife has been on me to take some flyers in that area. 

Had to work late tonight, texted the wife when I was leaving and asked her to order something for us. She texts shes gonna get salmon, so I ask from where. Dunno- what do you want? as there are only a few spots in the hood that make salmon she likes, and each has different things I'd get, I reply "depends on where you get the salmon".  "Oh Lord. If you want something just say it". This is all before I've even left the building. Pissed off after a long stressful day (and as you all know...more than a day), I type a reply explaining why, but then erase because it's pissed me off and I rarely allow myself to express being pissed off so say "wtf. I'll just get something for myself" 

She hasn't spoken to or looked at me since I've gotten home. So I have that going on.

All clear on my home front. 

I need to express my anger/upset more often in better ways. I'm bad at confrontation and will just assume responsibility for everything. The rare times I do it- after the initial blowback- reminds the wife that I do care and I do get hurt... both of which I guess need reminding about 

Sorry for the continuing woes of the FBGs.  Floppo I'm not sure why you're eating salmon on the East Coast.  Maybe that would solve your problems.

The same day that roverfish had his issues, my step-cousin was rushed to the emergency room with what they thought were heart problems, but...they can't find anything wrong.  He was unresponsive for a while.  But now the thing is that he has lost the last 8-10 years of memory.  Anything before that, fine.  But he thinks his kids are still little (or haven't been born yet), and all the stuff he's been doing for the past 10 years befuddles him.  It's been a few days, and they're saying it could be stress-related and cognitive therapy would help?  The whole thing is so weird.

No thoughts or prayers needed as he's a minister and covered in that respect.  I'm just wondering if anyone has heard of anything like this before.

I'm just wondering if anyone has heard of anything like this before.
Amnesia comes in a bewildering variety of forms, and could be caused by any number of brain bleeds, infarctions, and aneurysms. But I should stress I am not a neurosurgeon, I just herd them for a living.

Klonopin is some serious stuff. Combining it with alcohol could cause, well, almost anything. Be careful, roverfish.

I'm just wondering if anyone has heard of anything like this before.
A neighbor down the street from me when I was 12 or 13 developed something similar. It occurred shortly after her husband - a police officer - died in a car accident that was his own fault because of an elevated BAC. She got pretty F'd in the process - both financially, emotionally & mentally.

I was too young to know many other details, but that does seem like a perfect scenario for stress.

...and cognitive therapy would help?
Regarding this, I am not sure if you are referring to Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, but if so, it is the only "by-the-books" therapy that has worked for me. Everyone responds differently to therapy, of course; however, I have nothing bad to say about my experiences when I was with a good therapist.

When I was with a bad therapist, it was the absolute worst. It magnified my problems in fact.

If I can help more, let me know.

Good luck.

A neighbor down the street from me when I was 12 or 13 developed something similar. It occurred shortly after her husband - a police officer - died in a car accident that was his own fault because of an elevated BAC. She got pretty F'd in the process - both financially, emotionally & mentally.

I was too young to know many other details, but that does seem like a perfect scenario for stress.

Regarding this, I am not sure if you are referring to Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, but if so, it is the only "by-the-books" therapy that has worked for me. Everyone responds differently to therapy, of course; however, I have nothing bad to say about my experiences when I was with a good therapist.

When I was with a bad therapist, it was the absolute worst. It magnified my problems in fact.

If I can help more, let me know.

Good luck.
Thanks.  I honestly don't know much about the plan.  But his life seems pretty stress-free so it was surprising to see the "stress might have lost you 10 years" stuff.  Of course, seeming stress-free is not the same as being.

Our brains are amazing and scary things.

Thanks.  I honestly don't know much about the plan.  But his life seems pretty stress-free so it was surprising to see the "stress might have lost you 10 years" stuff.  Of course, seeming stress-free is not the same as being.

Our brains are amazing and scary things.
I'm not a doctor, but I would be way more concerned about something physical in the brain being an issue than stress.

As for stress and pastors, I obviously don't know him at all, but my experience is that pastors take on a tremendous amount of stress. Yeah, they get to take part in some really great celebrations with people, but more often they have EVERYONE dump their absolute worst on them looking for comfort. It goes with the job, but having a steady stream of people's burdens thrown at you with the expectation that you can help is very draining. And despite some pastors doing very well financially, most do not. So adding in some financial stress as well is fairly typical.

That's not always the case, but my grandfather was a pastor, my brother is a pastor, I'm good friends with a couple of pastors and was an Elder at my church when our last pastor hit burn out and left ministry. So I do have a lot of experience with pastors.

Sorry for the continuing woes of the FBGs.  Floppo I'm not sure why you're eating salmon on the East Coast.  Maybe that would solve your problems.

The same day that roverfish had his issues, my step-cousin was rushed to the emergency room with what they thought were heart problems, but...they can't find anything wrong.  He was unresponsive for a while.  But now the thing is that he has lost the last 8-10 years of memory.  Anything before that, fine.  But he thinks his kids are still little (or haven't been born yet), and all the stuff he's been doing for the past 10 years befuddles him.  It's been a few days, and they're saying it could be stress-related and cognitive therapy would help?  The whole thing is so weird.

No thoughts or prayers needed as he's a minister and covered in that respect.  I'm just wondering if anyone has heard of anything like this before.
Yes.  Friend of mine retired after selling his business that he had built and run for 30 years.  A couple weeks after the sale, he wakes up early and starts getting ready to leave the house.  His wife asks where he is going and he replies "to work," and has no memory of selling the place.  Luckily he trusted his wife.  But he really had just lost memory of recent events.  He did regain his memory after a fairly short period of time (few days?).  His doc's theory was that coming down off of the stress of completing the sale of his life's work caused it.

ETA full recovery to the point where we give him a hard time about it (your round Rick, or did you "forget")

Had to work late tonight, texted the wife when I was leaving and asked her to order something for us. She texts shes gonna get salmon, so I ask from where. Dunno- what do you want? as there are only a few spots in the hood that make salmon she likes, and each has different things I'd get, I reply "depends on where you get the salmon".  "Oh Lord. If you want something just say it". This is all before I've even left the building. Pissed off after a long stressful day (and as you all know...more than a day), I type a reply explaining why, but then erase because it's pissed me off and I rarely allow myself to express being pissed off so say "wtf. I'll just get something for myself" 

She hasn't spoken to or looked at me since I've gotten home. So I have that going on.
as the man, you're supposed to make the decisions. you know this.

Dave update as of yesterday AM:

The aneurysm was caused by a vein that never fully developed at birth.  He was able to tell his wife about his ears ringing as it happened, which was an indication that the bleed stopped (they usually don't and most folks die before reaching the hospital, apparently). They're keeping him sedated and in very low-stimulus environment this week, and they are managing "vasospasms" where the blood vessels in the brain constrict.  He had another surgery to address those spasms but is doing OK now on that front AFAIK.

A bunch of family/friends are meeting at their house this afternoon for a big group picture that they can have in his room when they're ready to wake him up.

Users who are viewing this thread