What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (14 Viewers)

Time for a second round of Radiohead. 

The seat gods have been smiling on me this weekend.

Last night, I had a spot in front of where I knew the kids would he...to that side of the stage and as close as I could get- 10 or so rows back. As soon as the band started their first song the mosh started just next to me in the middle front  of the stage. The people in front of me either joined the mosh to our left, or decided to bail...leaving me to be able to just walk up to right in front of the stage.

And today at the club for Radiohead, all the geezer/waspy parents have decided to sit away from the stage...so once again I strolled in and got front center tables. Harder for when he sings, as he's right on top of us, but better for when he drums because the drummers always hidden in the back of the stage behind everybody else.

Because I know you all care. It's turned into Facebook. Apologies.

We're under three simultaneous tornado warnings. Been nice knowing y'all.  :bye:
No ####?

In shuke's 1008 song thread, he just got swept up into a Tornado to Oz!

EDIT: From the thread:

Acronyms are ambiguous...begins the vid b4 song #2

Shuffle spin and bob

Floating by too close - fuzzy - outta focus - but comforting

<dissonant chord> doin the Twister @ 6:12 - Auntie Em, Uncle Henry, Toto! It's a twister! It's a twister!!!!!!!!

Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Cinci anymore.'...

Another Twister @ 6:47 with hand over one ear - TORNADOES ARE LOUD!!!!!!!

7:01 - Touchdown nearing - Twister lessens as The Shuke nears OZ.

Primal Scream around 7:28 - Birth - The Shuke landing in OZ.

7:30 - Now in OZ, The Shuke struts on down that yellow brick road

Merry dancing the rest of the song. You are happy in OZ shuke!

Orton, you prolly like OZ too.
Be careful, kev.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wind is kicking up here quite a bit. Been monsoony for the last hour or so. Soooooo glad I got a new roof back in “Spring”. It’s nasty, not tornado nasty, but nasty nonetheless.

Scintillatingly perfect day here. May y’all not be swept away by the tornadoes. 
It was pretty flipping hot in our neck of the woods. Still unpacking though, so it may just be my mood.  I need a drink.

Unrelated:  All resident cheesehead...why are all the people in OC going bananas for pastries made from O&H Bakery from Racine this week?  It's like all the Chinese folks here never had a kringle before.  Anything special about O&H i dont know about?

It was pretty flipping hot in our neck of the woods. Still unpacking though, so it may just be my mood.  I need a drink.

Unrelated:  All resident cheesehead...why are all the people in OC going bananas for pastries made from O&H Bakery from Racine this week?  It's like all the Chinese folks here never had a kringle before.  Anything special about O&H i dont know about?
It’s crazy how much hotter it is 10 minutes inland.  Where ya at now?

whats a Kringle?  What o&h bakery?  I don’t get out much. 

someone duped them in to thinking O&H kringles were better than Uncle Mike's, that's why

It’s crazy how much hotter it is 10 minutes inland.  Where ya at now?

whats a Kringle?  What o&h bakery?  I don’t get out much. 
Basically same place.  2 miles down the same road, closer to the foothills.

A kringle is basically a danish baked in a ring.  No bakery here, just a place selling O&H stuff.

Yes. We had a light show that Pink Floyd couldn't touch and hurricane-force winds. A boat on Lake Buchanan with 80 people on board took on water and had to beach themselves on an island. Could have been a lot worse.
Glad to hear you're ok, as well as the others affected by the storm.  I agree it could have been a lot worse for the boaters.  They could have been stalked by some mutant 30 ft crocodile like in the movies.  Brilliant idea for them to be on the boat in that weather in the first place.

So, I'm a lurker,  but had to share. 

Know nothing about farming. Decided to grow 5 acres of industrial hemp. Wow, what a ride and we haven't even planted yet. Just have 7500 clones under lights, letting them grow and hardening them.

May be able to write a book in the end.

Everyone please buy CBD products and keep the prices high😉
I'm doing my part... and it was worth the extra $. 

I would say yes, give a try and see if you feel any difference.

I bought a flower strain that has a small percentage of CBD and is still mostly THC but it did feel pretty physically relaxing. Its still new to me so I am still researching the effects. 
Yeah. I am going to try a CBD strain as soon as I can. I have not yet, but @urbanhack keyed me into the positives of mixing CBD and THC. Before, I had thought they were counter-acting in some ways.

I look forward to trying the CBD, but it may take me a little while to acquire it. I don't want to spend extra money for a separate CBD oil, if I can get a mix for the same price.

However, has anyone mixed CBD oil with THC flower?

Should I be using CBD oil for my 40year old man aches?
:blackdot:

picked up a cream a couple weeks back. right on time for me to bruise my pelvis somehow. hurt like a sonofa##### for 3 days without abating. i rubbed some cream on it and felt noticeable improvement in a few hours. 

probably no correlation but i've since been rubbing it all over my body just because.

Yeah. I am going to try a CBD strain as soon as I can. I have not yet, but @urbanhack keyed me into the positives of mixing CBD and THC. Before, I had thought they were counter-acting in some ways.

I look forward to trying the CBD, but it may take me a little while to acquire it. I don't want to spend extra money for a separate CBD oil, if I can get a mix for the same price.

However, has anyone mixed CBD oil with THC flower?
Yes.  I've mixed CBD tinctures and edibles with smoking THC.  It all works together.

I'm copying and pasting the email I send to everyone asking  about CBD:

So the first thing to look at when buying CBD is that it is "full spectrum" and not isolate.  CBD needs to be used with the other cannabinoids (including trace elements of THC) to be the most effective.  Here are a few products that I would recommend that should be available online to ship.

I do think you would benefit from CBD especially working out and staying relaxed. It really does have anti-inflammation benefits. Your body has cannabinoid receptors built into them naturally that's why marijuana is such an incredible plant.  Think of the psychological changes to your mind when you smoke THC based cannabis.  Now imagine what CBD is doing with your body when you ingest it.

Here's a very solid Oregon company with their take and a link to their website to order products:

https://www.siskiyousungrown.com/blog-1/2018/7/5/introducing-our-new-hemp-derived-cbd-products

same with this OR company:

https://www.lazarusnaturals.com/cbd-info

These can be pricey but a dose of that much CBD can do wonders for you and help balance you out immediately.

https://lunchboxalchemy.com/cbd-retailers-cbd-squib/

https://cbd-hempstore.com/products/strawberry-squib-100mg
@mr. furley @Leeroy Jenkins

I have tried various applications of CBD salves for my knees and lower back.    The one that seems to work best for me is 150 mg CBD/150 mg THC.   The one I have now also has camphor in it.     The THC is supposed to help with inflammation; when my knees are acting up it definitely helps more than the one that I used previously that just had CBD.

mr. furley said:

picked up a cream a couple weeks back. right on time for me to bruise my pelvis somehow. hurt like a sonofa##### for 3 days without abating. i rubbed some cream on it and felt noticeable improvement in a few hours. 

probably no correlation but i've since been rubbing it all over my body just because.
go on...

mr. furley said:

So you rubbed cream on your pelvis and felt noticeably better? Welcome to puberty 

Big fight with the wife woke up our oldest. Not good.
That's all right. These things gotta happen every five years or so, ten years. Helps to get rid of the bad blood. Been ten years since the last one. You know, you gotta stop them at the beginning. Like they should have stopped Hitler at Munich, they should never let him get away with that, they was just asking for trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread