What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (16 Viewers)

I'm on day 8 of a 19 day vacation. I get back on a Sunday night. Monday morning I have to make a 5 hour drive to spend a week doing an insane amount of work for a client. Fun.

On the other hand, hard to complain when I have a 19 day vacation. Almost feels like being a teacher. So far we've seen Canyonlands, Arches, Capitol Reef, Bryce Canyon and just got to Zion. Have 3 days here at Zion and then have Yellowstone and Grand Tetons. It's been awesome.
Nice. Not hiking, but just got back from 7 days and 6 nights canoeing in the Boundary Waters near Ely. It was amazing, but we were basically pinned into our tents by 9 every night because of the mosquitoes and it Never. Got. Dark. Don’t know if it was an exceptionally bright moon, or just being that far north, but it was ridiculous.

Think if I ever do another major trip with my son, we’ll go back to hiking and not seeing how many bugs we can collect under the canoes while portaging.

Got rear ended on my way to a doctor’s appointment out of town (another fun story).  I was heading south on the 99 (I-5’s redneck cousin).  There was stop and go traffic due to a big rig jackknifing a few miles ahead.  Some geezer in an old Lincoln plowed into me, I hit a Honda in front of me, that Honda hit a pickup with a big ### trailer hitch.

My car should be fine, as far as those things go.  The poor Honda took the brunt thanks to the trailer hitch.  

Yadda yadda...5 hours later I’m home with a rental car.  

Im fine BTW.  Thanks for asking.
You know, uh, one of those manure-spreaders jackknifed on the Santa Ana?  God-awful mess.  You should see my shoes.  Whehh!!

Had to take floppinha into Bushwick today...L wasn't running so we took the M and walked. Stupider
I made sure I had no responsibilities this weekend so the only time I have left the air conditioning was to go to the restaurant across the street to get lunch.  Will be the same tomorrow - lunch from a restaurant no more than 1 block away and cooking dinner.  No other things I have to do that can't be done another day when it's not 110 degrees outside.  It must have literally been 125 degrees in the subway station today.

It's goofy hot.

Just read about a superiority burger (vegan) in my hood now also having great ice cream...thought about you and your daughter.
Ladybird was really good.   Went to some vegan Thai place tonight.  On way to rolled ice cream by Washington Square Park.

Anyone here seen the movie Moonwalkers? It’s hilarious. Mrs. O thought we were going to watch Capricorn One with OJ. Now I’ve been accused of bait and switch  <_<

Wyoming is an interesting state. And by interesting I mean Yellowstone and Grand Teton are awesome and the rest of the state is the most boring thing I've ever driven through.

It was 58 at the airport this morning. There's never been a temperature in the 50s, in July, in Austin. Not to worry, we will return to our regularly-scheduled Turkish sauna by the weekend.

Wyoming is an interesting state. And by interesting I mean Yellowstone and Grand Teton are awesome and the rest of the state is the most boring thing I've ever driven through.
Other areas are vastly underrated imo. Bighorns and Flaming Gorge come to mind. But highway driving is lots of miles of nothing.

Anyone have plans to go somewhere and stare at their phone this weekend?
oh, definitely.

wife wants to go school shopping tomorrow. i envision a lot of time sitting near a park and/or in a food court while the kids terrorize the environment.

Just got nicked for a week.  Second dumbest time out I've ever gotten (the first was for posting :lmao:  when smoo revealed the priest joke that he'd been suspended for three years earlier).  Mods are testy.  
We're entering the heavy usage time of year for this site.  Watch your butt.

Anyone have plans to go somewhere and stare at their phone this weekend?
oh, definitely.

wife wants to go school shopping tomorrow. i envision a lot of time sitting near a park and/or in a food court while the kids terrorize the environment.
wife just told me I'm going to the beach tomorrow. oh. that's better than the office where I had planned to go, I guess. at least in terms of life. work, not so much.

we can't afford to buy any schools. 

Users who are viewing this thread