Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
General Malaise

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing

27 minutes ago, -fish- said:

Need a second opinion on whether this was funny.  Local facebook group.  Someone posted "Who hires 16 year olds?"

My answer:  "Pedophiles."

as the parent of young kids, I'll say this-  of course it's funny.

19 minutes ago, -fish- said:

Roverkid getting discharged on Memorial Day!   

:pickle:

that's fantastic news!

how have you been doing? panic-attack related stuff normalizing?

9 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

as the parent of young kids, I'll say this-  of course it's funny.

:pickle:

that's fantastic news!

how have you been doing? panic-attack related stuff normalizing?

Yeah, my blood pressure was really elevated.  They said the anxiety was driven by my blood pressure.

On beta blockers now and trying to exercise more and drink less.   Meds are working and I'm back down to close to normal levels.  Probably need to drop 15-20 lbs and ride that new bike a few times a week.   Having roverkid home will help a lot, and my partner talked one of our clients into continuing a trial so that I won't stroke out.   

I also fired two of my most aggravating clients.

Edited by -fish-
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

Hey, here’s a first...

After 24 years in education I had a kid threaten my life yesterday.  

Shocking I know.

sorry to hear man, so what led up to this?

did you insult Post Malone?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Binky The Doormat said:

sorry to hear man, so what led up to this?

did you insult Post Malone?

I 'd bet money it had something to do with the fact that he still hasn't graduated after all this time.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

Hey, here’s a first...

After 24 years in education I had a kid threaten my life yesterday.  

Shocking I know.

I'd normally laugh this off... but these days- ####. 

what were the circumstances? you deserved it, right?

20 hours ago, -fish- said:

Need a second opinion on whether this was funny.  Local facebook group.  Someone posted "Who hires 16 year olds?"

My answer:  "Pedophiles."

not really.  sort of.  a little.  yes.

Edited by DA RAIDERS

understanding that it's my fault for watching the morning news.. this whole scare tactics as news reporting business needs to take a long walk in the outback without water.

there's a big community event in town this weekend, the Bucks are in the NBA conference finals, the farmer's market (a big deal here) opens next week, there are new business developments in town, etc. plenty of local news to talk about.

but my morning news is 50% weather (the reason i tune in) and 50% "news now of a plane crash in the UAE this morning.  early reports are a crop duster went down near a farm outside Muzayrah. the pilot was killed..."

"in Mississippi today, a domestic violence incident left one man in jail and his wife in the hospital..."

"today in upstate Washington a man shot his family to death..."

THOSE ARE GREAT LOCAL NEWS STORIES FOR THOSE LOCAL NEWS STATIONS. BUT I DON"T GIVE A SINGLE FLYING ####.

TIA

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SofaKings said:

Dislike that period of time between when you interview and the final verdict.

You got an interview?

@Henry Ford wouldn't let me take the stand. ☹️

Just said sometin' about --- shut up!:shrug:

Thnx, Hank.

Sincere good luck.

3 hours ago, SofaKings said:

Took me 6 months to get an offer after initial interview one time

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SofaKings said:

I interviewed in early February and my first day is Monday.  The process seemingly took forever especially cuz my current department has big cuts coming and I know I was on the chopping block. 

Thankful it worked out 

Edited by berndog
  • Like 3

Out with Zilla and goaltogoalgirl at chemical brothers concert last night and that turned into a 2am cornhole with fullback fro.   :excited:

• Like 8
  • Love 1

33 minutes ago, urbanhack said:

Out with Zilla and goaltogoalgirl at chemical brothers concert last night and that turned into a 2am cornhole with fullback fro.   :excited:

Who drove?

13 minutes ago, Man of Constant Sorrow said:

Who drove?

Lyft 

• Like 1

On 5/17/2019 at 2:23 PM, SofaKings said:

How long has it been?

Gllll

1 hour ago, kevzilla said:

This band is way too good for the 15 people in the bar. 

hard to beat an REO Speedwagon tribute band - anytime, anywhere.  

• Like 2

Just now, Binky The Doormat said:

And not get in trouble with the law? Agreed.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

And not get in trouble with the law? Agreed.

I part-time managed a Celtic punk band in college named "The Kevin Cronin Beatdown".  

• Like 2

Total smokeshow at the bar has bought me two shots. Not getting any, but still more action than I normally get. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Binky The Doormat said:

what about the actual REO Speedwagon? cause i think they're playing at the Greenville town fair here in a month or so.

• Laughing 1

Page 3 save. I'm at my monthly professional group meeting. Six men, 60 women. And still I don't get any.  :lmao:

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, kevzilla said:

Page 3 save. I'm at my monthly professional group meeting. Six men, 60 women. And still I don't get any.  :lmao:

Is the bolded code for "AA meeting"?

How many of the women are under the age of 70?

• Laughing 1

32 minutes ago, 5-ish Finkle said:

Is the bolded code for "AA meeting"?

How many of the women are under the age of 70?

AAPC, American Association of Professional Coders. Medical coders, not the computer kind that make bank. I can hear your eyes glazing over.

All of them, since they're either working in the field or trying to get a job in the field.

I'm just there for the free continuing education credits.

45 minutes ago, kevzilla said:

AAPC, American Association of Professional Coders. Medical coders, not the computer kind that make bank. I can hear your eyes glazing over.

All of them, since they're either working in the field or trying to get a job in the field.

Well, THERE'S the problem. :)

I actually know about that flavor of coders (not saying my eyes aren't glazing over anyway...but that's probably at least in part due to the scotch).  My bride is also in healthcare.  I was always lead to believe that the medical variety were "higher paid" too.  Not so?  I guess it's probably all relative. 

4 minutes ago, 5-ish Finkle said:

Well, THERE'S the problem. :)

I actually know about that flavor of coders (not saying my eyes aren't glazing over anyway...but that's probably at least in part due to the scotch).  My bride is also in healthcare.  I was always lead to believe that the medical variety were "higher paid" too.  Not so?  I guess it's probably all relative. 

Well, we make more than those dirty, plebian billers, that's for sure.

21 hours ago, kevzilla said:

Edited by Binky The Doormat

Special to @krista4

I have begun the (slow, painful) process of learning your #41 Beatles song on guitar. Your thread has been justifiably praised for its positive contributions, but I thought you should also know its potential for sorrow. For my RL friends, nothing will be pure or beautiful, ever again.

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, kevzilla said:

Special to @krista4

I have begun the (slow, painful) process of learning your #41 Beatles song on guitar. Your thread has been justifiably praised for its positive contributions, but I thought you should also know its potential for sorrow. For my RL friends, nothing will be pure or beautiful, ever again.

When ya got it down pat - record - I'll add a vocal track - we'll make millions I tell ya - MILLION$!

I have a student that we'll call Kayla.  

Kayla's mom (Kelly) works for my wife.  

Kayla is a very talented singer (despite being totally deaf in one ear and losing her hearing in the other, seriously).  

Kayla's mom was talking to my wife about how Kayla was going to sing in our school-wide talent show.   

My wife tells me "Kelly says that Kayla is going to sing something pretty non-traditional at the talent show.  Kelly told me what it was but I can't remember.  It's like 'Creep' by Radiohead or something close. "

So the talent show was yesterday.  I was there.  Kayla sings "Radioactive" by Imagine Dragons.  

I texted my wife "you weren't close at all"

• Like 5
  • Laughing 2

1 hour ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

Kayla is a very talented singer (despite being totally deaf in one ear and losing her hearing in the other, seriously).  

Kayla's mom was talking to my wife about how Kayla was going to sing in our school-wide talent show.   

My wife tells me "Kelly says that Kayla is going to sing something pretty non-traditional at the talent show.  Kelly told me what it was but I can't remember.  It's like 'Creep' by Radiohead or something close. "

So the talent show was yesterday.  I was there.  Kayla sings "Radioactive" by Imagine Dragons.  

that's sweet.  

I'm bout to go file an HR complaint against whoever put the toilet paper roll on backwards in the men's room. Savages.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GroveDiesel said:

I'm bout to go file an HR complaint against whoever put the toilet paper roll on backwards in the men's room. Savages.

Can you fix it?

1 hour ago, GroveDiesel said:

Sorry your day’s in the #######

• Like 1

22 hours ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

But I think we can all agree that that although both aren't that great, Imagine Dragons crushes Radiohead.

I like that "rip, rip...ride it like a horse....rip, rip..hear off my lip lip" song.

2 hours ago, GroveDiesel said:

My co-worker, male, always leaves the seat down but the lid up (like when a female pees).  I'm not sure if he is peeing while sitting or what.  I'm gonna email HR and see if they can get to the bottom of it.

On 5/22/2019 at 3:18 AM, kevzilla said:

Special to @krista4

I want to hear it when you're ready.  Please!

Update on my end:  my step-cousin who lost 8-10 years of memory suddenly regained all of it this morning.  No idea why, as we had no idea why he lost it in the first place, though the doctors did predict it would happen.  Crazy stuff.

• Like 7
  • Thinking 1