What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (8 Viewers)

Went down to UCLA today for consult with my surgeon.  Basically explained what he was going to do.  

Most likely I’ll spend 3 days in the hospital and then another week of recovery.  I don’t have a date yet because I have to consult with a plastic surgeon as well (Tuesday).  I’m really hoping I can schedule all of it during parent-teacher conferences.  

ETA My favorite part was when the doc apologized for having me come down in person instead of explaining everything over the phone and also for having to come back and talk to the plastic surgeon.

I said “Are you kidding? I’m just thankful I have such great insurance I can see a guy like you at UCLA.  A two hour drive is nothing.  Hell, that’s what Bakersfield is famous for...it's two hours from all kinds of great stuff.”
i will sneak in some of that bubble gum vodka and diet sprite you like so much.  please tell me when you're there!

been taking 10mg of cbd around 8:30 - 9 every night and have slept like a champ for little more than a month now.

for years i woke up often in the night with serious back pain. since taking cbd gel caps at night.. no more pain. i wake up and roll right out of bed without issue. before cbd, i could feel tight, sharp pain for hours sometimes after getting out of bed. only thing that seemed to help was taking the dog for a 30-45 minute walk to loosen up.

now i don't need that at all.

doesn't make me drowsy, or dry mouth as i've read some people have experienced. all it does is help me get a relaxed night of sleep. would recommend.
Hmmm....

just have to drive to the bad part of town.   :lmao:   
What, like, Lake Forest? :)

On the train about to head to Wilmington, DE where we get our rental for the drive to Ocean City, MD and a weekend at the beach with the inlaws.

God bless getting a red cap to put us on the train early.

With all the pot talk this seems like a good place to ask this question.

Any of the PNW folks know if there is big  price difference between Washington and Oregon?  

Im flying into Seattle and heading to the Oregon coast and I can wait until I get to Oregon if it’s with the wait. 

Any of the PNW folks know if there is big  price difference between Washington and Oregon?  

Im flying into Seattle and heading to the Oregon coast and I can wait until I get to Oregon if it’s with the wait. 
I think the prices are the same.

But keep in mind that in Oregon you can't light your own bong.  You have to wait for an attendant to come by and do it for you.

Taxes are higher in Washington so a bit higher across the board.   Unless you’re buying by the pallet, it’s not that big of a difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
Taxes are higher in Washington so a bit higher across the board.   Unless you’re buying by the pallet, it’s not that big of a difference.
Thanks for the info. 

On an unrelated note glad to hear roverkid is doing well but hate she is still having headaches. 

My daughters headaches were consistent 7 months after her concussion.  Recently her neurologist prescribed gabipentin and that has been a huge help.  If you haven’t been down that road you may want to give it a shot. 

Thanks for the info. 

On an unrelated note glad to hear roverkid is doing well but hate she is still having headaches. 

My daughters headaches were consistent 7 months after her concussion.  Recently her neurologist prescribed gabipentin and that has been a huge help.  If you haven’t been down that road you may want to give it a shot. 
I've been thinking of having her try CBD oil.   She has an upcoming appointment with her doctor.  I'll ask about gabipentin.

ZOMG the weather in Wisconsin is so nice. Feels like Fall and there’s not some big storm lurking to my southeast waiting to kill me. Thought about heading back to Tampa early, but flight times are an issue and stupid Dorian doesn’t work on my schedule so it looks like I’m either heading back Tuesday or delayed to Wednesday. Off to Taliesin and then New Glarus  Brewery tomorrow. I’ve already had 2 pints of Spotted Cow.  :banned:

My cleaning lady made a rose out of the toilet paper on the holder in my bathroom. 

I can’t tell if she was trying to be fancy or taunting me because of my dilapidated property that I am currently re-landscaping. 

ZOMG the weather in Wisconsin is so nice. Feels like Fall and there’s not some big storm lurking to my southeast waiting to kill me. Thought about heading back to Tampa early, but flight times are an issue and stupid Dorian doesn’t work on my schedule so it looks like I’m either heading back Tuesday or delayed to Wednesday. Off to Taliesin and then New Glarus  Brewery tomorrow. I’ve already had 2 pints of Spotted Cow.  :banned:
The new Kolsch is pretty good, but I'll live and die with Totally Naked and Two Women. :oldunsure:

Two non-sequitur posts in a day for me.  You’re welcome. 

Facebook informs me that a friend of mine was making jewelry from seeds this week and managed to get some sizable amount of seed dust in her eye. 

Castor seeds. She has ricin poisoning and has been sequestered in a hospital private room getting treatment. 

That is definitely the dumbest way someone I know might die. 

Two non-sequitur posts in a day for me.  You’re welcome. 

Facebook informs me that a friend of mine was making jewelry from seeds this week and managed to get some sizable amount of seed dust in her eye. 

Castor seeds. She has ricin poisoning and has been sequestered in a hospital private room getting treatment. 

That is definitely the dumbest way someone I know might die. 
That sounds bad. Someone drinking the contents of a lava lamp might be worse

supposed to be a gorgeous weekend :thumbup:

Taliesin is absolutely amazing. The 4 hour estate tour I went on today barely scratched  the surface of what’s going on there and it’s creator.  Loved it, @krista4. I want to take Mrs. O there the next time we’re in Wisconsin.

Skipped Cave of the Mounds and went to New Glarus Brewery right away. That’s when the crappy part of my day started. No parking to speak of and it was packed. I mean 2 lines for tickets for beers 20 deep each packed. Bought a cool glass and left within 10 minutes. Stopped by Total Wine and got some New Glarus and other singles on the way back into town. Avoid New Glarus at all costs this holiday weekend. Listen to Admiral Ackbar. Ugh

sucks, man. the few times i've been there the lines were non-existent. more like a normal bar than this deal. it's cool & all but better to just get the singles somewhere else and eat at Glarner Stube.

sucks, man. the few times i've been there the lines were non-existent. more like a normal bar than this deal. it's cool & all but better to just get the singles somewhere else and eat at Glarner Stube.
No doubt. Lesson learned. The sheer size of that place is not what I’m used to for a “local brewery”.

I have a 24-year streak of going to at least one new country every year, which is about to be ended if I don't scurry off somewhere for a few days in the next four months.  Just looking for a place that is (1) not a huge PITA to get to from here, (2) somewhere I've never been, and (3) not outrageously dangerous for me to travel to alone.

Any ideas (realizing that you won't know the answers to #2)?  They still killing people in the Dominican Republic? 
My daughter went to the Baltics her Sr year in College for a choir tour and loved it

On the train about to head to Wilmington, DE where we get our rental for the drive to Ocean City, MD and a weekend at the beach with the inlaws.

God bless getting a red cap to put us on the train early.
Our 2 hr drive from OC back to Wilmington to return the rental car and pick the train...took 4 hrs today. I had to Sprint, OJ style, from the Hertz parking lot, through the station, up the stairs to the platform and onto the train (after dropping family at door first). 30 seconds away from missing the train. Thanks OJ.

Plus, the one stretch of highway where I had to poop was the only stretch without a single ####### gas station, rest stop, anything. Finally end up at a McDs, and a dad and his 3yo son go into the only stall for ####### hours "you almost done yet buddy? Not yet daddy". Ended up flying outta there under a chorus of "we're going to miss our train!" From #1 son, answered by me with "ok- I'll just #### myself on the road instead". Ended up going in a porta potty at construction site next door. Fun. Fun times.

But still a great weekend, poop and OJ aside.

Hope everybody else enjoyed themselves.

Our 2 hr drive from OC back to Wilmington to return the rental car and pick the train...took 4 hrs today. I had to Sprint, OJ style, from the Hertz parking lot, through the station, up the stairs to the platform and onto the train (after dropping family at door first). 30 seconds away from missing the train. Thanks OJ.

Plus, the one stretch of highway where I had to poop was the only stretch without a single ####### gas station, rest stop, anything. Finally end up at a McDs, and a dad and his 3yo son go into the only stall for ####### hours "you almost done yet buddy? Not yet daddy". Ended up flying outta there under a chorus of "we're going to miss our train!" From #1 son, answered by me with "ok- I'll just #### myself on the road instead". Ended up going in a porta potty at construction site next door. Fun. Fun times.

I bet it was cool and odorless in there.  Sorry for your rough trip.

I'm at least checking out the wimenz room in this situation.

Users who are viewing this thread