Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
General Malaise

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing

Just now, Bucky86 said:

Is this a thing?

I'm not sure how that all really works but it came into the house from underneath. A chunk of the vinyl floorcovering in the bathroom blew straight up in the air; we found pieces of it in the toilet bowl.

That was "my" toilet, too. :( The one that said "back right up, buddy. And make it a double." (Al Bundy)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, roadkill1292 said:

I'm not sure how that all really works but it came into the house from underneath. A chunk of the vinyl floorcovering in the bathroom blew straight up in the air; we found pieces of it in the toilet bowl.

That was "my" toilet, too. :( The one that said "back right up, buddy. And make it a double." (Al Bundy)

At least you weren’t using it at the time. That would’ve scared the #### out of me with nowhere for it to go.

2 minutes ago, roadkill1292 said:

would have been a quad if you were sitting on it when this happened.

34 minutes ago, roadkill1292 said:

Two days ago an underground lightening strike exploded our basement toilet, killed the hot water heater and probably the dishwasher, fried most of the electronics in the house and knocked out AC for 24 hours in nice muggy 92 degree Maryland heat. Could have been way worse but the electrician who came yesterday was a smart, persistent guy who kept us from abandoning ship at the last minute.

It's gonna be 98 here today with a heat index 10 or 12 degrees higher.

Yikes. Glad you' and yours are ok, my friend. If y'all want a break, you're welcome to my place. I can get lost for the weekend.

• Like 1

Now I have to worry about underground lighting too?! Please don't tell me there are underground tornados... That's the last thing I need.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, El Floppo said:

Now I have to worry about underground lighting too?! Please don't tell me there are underground tornados... That's the last thing I need.

With everything going on in your sewer system, you should be worried about underground gatornados

• Like 1

6:15... drinks.

have an interview at the other apex spot I mentioned next week.

@-fish- I hope you guys have been having a great time and staying cool. looking forward to hearing about it- hope she's had a blast.

2 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

6:15... drinks.

have an interview at the other apex spot I mentioned next week.

@-fish- I hope you guys have been having a great time and staying cool. looking forward to hearing about it- hope she's had a blast.

So far so good.  Walked around quite a bit today.   Took her shopping for her birthday.   She’s vegetarian so headed to some place called Ladybird in East Village that gets good reviews.  Seeing Mean Girls tomorrow.   Drinks are still possible tonight or tomorrow.

• Like 2

No underground lightning, so that’s a plus.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, -fish- said:

So far so good.  Walked around quite a bit today.   Took her shopping for her birthday.   She’s vegetarian so headed to some place called Ladybird in East Village that gets good reviews.  Seeing Mean Girls tomorrow.   Drinks are still possible tonight or tomorrow.

Excellent! The EVil is my hood, I hope you puked in our doorway like everybody else. Bwy show will great on a melting weekend.

When do head back?

Just now, El Floppo said:

Excellent! The EVil is my hood, I hope you puked in our doorway like everybody else. Bwy show will great on a melting weekend.

When do head back?

Sunday evening

2 minutes ago, -fish- said:

Sunday evening

Stay cool and enjoy

Got rear ended on my way to a doctor’s appointment out of town (another fun story).  I was heading south on the 99 (I-5’s redneck cousin).  There was stop and go traffic due to a big rig jackknifing a few miles ahead.  Some geezer in an old Lincoln plowed into me, I hit a Honda in front of me, that Honda hit a pickup with a big ### trailer hitch.

My car should be fine, as far as those things go.  The poor Honda took the brunt thanks to the trailer hitch.  

Yadda yadda...5 hours later I’m home with a rental car.  

Im fine BTW.  Thanks for asking.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

Got rear ended on my way to a doctor’s appointment out of town (another fun story).  I was heading south on the 99 (I-5’s redneck cousin).  There was stop and go traffic due to a big rig jackknifing a few miles ahead.  Some geezer in an old Lincoln plowed into me, I hit a Honda in front of me, that Honda hit a pickup with a big ### trailer hitch.

My car should be fine, as far as those things go.  The poor Honda took the brunt thanks to the trailer hitch.  

If there is a God (there isn't)/the Universe has any sense of timing/humor you were on your way to the proctologist.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2

Just now, 5-ish Finkle said:

If there is a God (there isn't)/the Universe has any sense of timing/humor you were on your way to the proctologist.

:lmao: 

I wish

• Thinking 1

On 7/10/2019 at 5:46 PM, GroveDiesel said:

I'm on day 8 of a 19 day vacation. I get back on a Sunday night. Monday morning I have to make a 5 hour drive to spend a week doing an insane amount of work for a client. Fun.

On the other hand, hard to complain when I have a 19 day vacation. Almost feels like being a teacher. So far we've seen Canyonlands, Arches, Capitol Reef, Bryce Canyon and just got to Zion. Have 3 days here at Zion and then have Yellowstone and Grand Tetons. It's been awesome.

Nice. Not hiking, but just got back from 7 days and 6 nights canoeing in the Boundary Waters near Ely. It was amazing, but we were basically pinned into our tents by 9 every night because of the mosquitoes and it Never. Got. Dark. Don’t know if it was an exceptionally bright moon, or just being that far north, but it was ridiculous.

Think if I ever do another major trip with my son, we’ll go back to hiking and not seeing how many bugs we can collect under the canoes while portaging.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

You know, uh, one of those manure-spreaders jackknifed on the Santa Ana?  God-awful mess.  You should see my shoes.  Whehh!!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RC94 said:

I love air conditioning...

Had to take floppinha into Bushwick today...L wasn't running so we took the M and walked. Stupider

11 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

Had to take floppinha into Bushwick today...L wasn't running so we took the M and walked. Stupider

I made sure I had no responsibilities this weekend so the only time I have left the air conditioning was to go to the restaurant across the street to get lunch.  Will be the same tomorrow - lunch from a restaurant no more than 1 block away and cooking dinner.  No other things I have to do that can't be done another day when it's not 110 degrees outside.  It must have literally been 125 degrees in the subway station today.

Saw Mean Girls today.   They had A/C so it was awesome.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, -fish- said:

Saw Mean Girls today.   They had A/C so it was awesome.

It's goofy hot.

Just read about a superiority burger (vegan) in my hood now also having great ice cream...thought about you and your daughter.

1 hour ago, El Floppo said:

It's goofy hot.

Just read about a superiority burger (vegan) in my hood now also having great ice cream...thought about you and your daughter.

Ladybird was really good.   Went to some vegan Thai place tonight.  On way to rolled ice cream by Washington Square Park.

• Like 1

Anyone here seen the movie Moonwalkers? It’s hilarious. Mrs. O thought we were going to watch Capricorn One with OJ. Now I’ve been accused of bait and switch <_<

Wyoming is an interesting state. And by interesting I mean Yellowstone and Grand Teton are awesome and the rest of the state is the most boring thing I've ever driven through.

• Thanks 1

On 7/19/2019 at 3:29 PM, -fish- said:

.   She’s vegetarian 

S’up dopplganger?  Except bacon.  Everybody likes the gateway meat. 

no posts since Sunday

the new :e: must really be jumping

• Like 1

When young people tell me about their problems, I like to tell them the story about the time I survived without cell phones and the internet for 25 years.

• Like 4
  • Laughing 1

It was 58 at the airport this morning. There's never been a temperature in the 50s, in July, in Austin. Not to worry, we will return to our regularly-scheduled Turkish sauna by the weekend.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mr. furley said:

no posts since Sunday

the new :e: must really be jumping

whoa..whoa......what?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, arrow1 said:

whoa..whoa......what?

just speculatin' about a hypothesis is all

20 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

just speculatin' about a hypothesis is all

I see....carry on...

On 12/16/2017 at 6:40 PM, mr. furley said:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27256388/ex-wife-pleads-guilty-killing-lorenzen-wright

Ex-wife pleads guilty in killing of Lorenzen Wright

Edited by mr. furley

Anyone have plans to go somewhere and stare at their phone this weekend?

• Like 1

On 7/20/2019 at 9:34 PM, GroveDiesel said:

Wyoming is an interesting state. And by interesting I mean Yellowstone and Grand Teton are awesome and the rest of the state is the most boring thing I've ever driven through.

Other areas are vastly underrated imo. Bighorns and Flaming Gorge come to mind. But highway driving is lots of miles of nothing.

53 minutes ago, RC94 said:

oh, definitely.

wife wants to go school shopping tomorrow. i envision a lot of time sitting near a park and/or in a food court while the kids terrorize the environment.

• Like 1

Just got nicked for a week.  Second dumbest time out I've ever gotten (the first was for posting :lmao: when smoo revealed the priest joke that he'd been suspended for three years earlier).  Mods are testy.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, the rover said:

Just got nicked for a week.  Second dumbest time out I've ever gotten (the first was for posting :lmao: when smoo revealed the priest joke that he'd been suspended for three years earlier).  Mods are testy.  

It's almost August. I'm guessing content-rollout stress

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RC94 said:

:lmao: Sun City with the old folks on Sunday, but I guarantee I'll spend less time on my phone than my dad will on his tablet, or Mom on Turner Classic Movies.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, the rover said:

We're entering the heavy usage time of year for this site.  Watch your butt.

52 minutes ago, the rover said:

Refresh my memory

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Osaurus said:

Other areas are vastly underrated imo. Bighorns and Flaming Gorge come to mind. But highway driving is lots of miles of nothing.

Probably the most disappointing state I ever traversed

Just now, the rover said:

are you trying to get me banned?

👼🏻

Ran across this the other day:

An old flame from high school reached out to me and wants to meet for drinks this weekend. But it's also my dad's birthday.

So now I have to decide whether to spend time with the person who took my virginity, or my ex-girlfriend.

• Like 2