What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (29 Viewers)

Pg&e taking over for con-ed?
PSE&G.  They have generally been pretty good.  I called them when I got home, but was on hold for a while and then the electricity came back on so I hung up.  I love electricity.  It' one of my favorite things.

Came home to find the electricity out in my neighborhood.  I'm pretty sure it wasn't just my building since there were no other lights out looking out from my window.  I'm on the 5th floor, so the stairs weren't fun, but not the end of the world either.  I've had worse days as far as that's concerned, such as when the escalator is out at the subway station where I used to work.  That's a really long escalator - about 7 or 8 flights of stairs worth.  Couldn't imagine having to walk up 20+ flights if I lived in a skyscraper, although I would risk it if I had a great view of NYC from my living room.  Electricity came back on about 10 minutes after getting home.  
once climbed 18 flights while tripping. 

only took about 11 hours. worst 3 days of my life. if i could have that week back on those steps i would do it in an instant.

Last edited by a moderator:
just read that they were bought out by a private equity firm

makes sense that people quit
The purchase was a couple of months ago but yesterday a directive from new ownership was leaked. They told Deadspin to stick to sports and drop the political commentary. Their political commentary was generally pretty popular among its readers, who aren't traditional sports news consumers.

The purchase was a couple of months ago but yesterday a directive from new ownership was leaked. They told Deadspin to stick to sports and drop the political commentary. Their political commentary was generally pretty popular among its readers, who aren't traditional sports news consumers.
they did politics?

guess i hadn't read the site in a while

Halloween isn't my favorite holiday. i've never really dressed up for it.. mostly because i'm not creative but also because, historically, i couldn't afford anything.

but i don't get people who get curmudgeony about passing out candy. or seeing kids out trick or treating. or who pass out candy but parse out certain types/amounts to certain kids based on whatever imaginary criteria makes them least angry.

Halloween is for having fun, being happy, relaxing and making people smile. you don't have to host your in-laws and miss the game. you don't have to attend a company party. you don't need to spend thousands of dollars to make your family happy.  you spend $20 on bags of candy, stand in your door, smile and compliment little kids costumes.

Halloween isn't my favorite holiday. i've never really dressed up for it.. mostly because i'm not creative but also because, historically, i couldn't afford anything.

but i don't get people who get curmudgeony about passing out candy. or seeing kids out trick or treating. or who pass out candy but parse out certain types/amounts to certain kids based on whatever imaginary criteria makes them least angry.

Halloween is for having fun, being happy, relaxing and making people smile. you don't have to host your in-laws and miss the game. you don't have to attend a company party. you don't need to spend thousands of dollars to make your family happy.  you spend $20 on bags of candy, stand in your door, smile and compliment little kids costumes.
Or not 

I turn all the lights off, then head over my buddy's extravaganza, which spills onto his neighbors' lawn. Made the local news while out of town, because someone was triggered by a hanging skeleton wearing pirate gear.

Actually actually true

Yeah, we have a bunch of friends over, the kids go out trick-or-treating and we stay home with refreshing beverages. We generally employ a "one for you and one for me" methodology when the kids ring the doorbell.  My liver feels we had too many trick-or-treaters last night, but otherwise no complaints.  Big fan.

I stopped by to see Mr Krista at work since he’s never home and am hanging at the bar drinking more than I should.  

Two dumdums next to me pulled out a box of Trivial Pursuit cards.  She asked him some question about the 1980 Presidential election.  His answer:  Eisenhower.

I stopped by to see Mr Krista at work since he’s never home and am hanging at the bar drinking more than I should.  

Two dumdums next to me pulled out a box of Trivial Pursuit cards.  She asked him some question about the 1980 Presidential election.  His answer:  Eisenhower.
LOL!

Ike lost in teh primaries that year ... dummies.

When I told them Mel Brooks, they said, “Ahhh, you must think we’re stupid.”  I remained silent.
 A couple of weeks ago I was visiting my mom in the hospital after her hip surgery.  Mom and I were talking and watching baseball.  The woman in the other bed (early 60s) was watching Jeopardy with her 40ish daughter.

The volume was down pretty low but I could see her TV from where I was sitting.  I was mentally answering the questions as they came up.

The woman and her daughter were just watching.  Maybe every fourth question one of them would take a very bad guess.  

Eventually one of them said “Who would know this crap?”

Me:  https://images.app.goo.gl/eBQmuAqfji4dMKf57

krista4 said:
HOLY ####!  They were just trying to name the “Jewish guy” who made that movie and said “Tom Cruise.”
This would actually be great schtick. Go out to a crowded place with someone and start playing Trivial Pursuit badly to see if you can drive the people around you insane.

Friend: What is the capital of New Mexico?

Me: Washington DC

Friend: Huh, no, this says it’s Santa Fe.

Me: Weird. Maybe it’s an old version before 9/11 or something.

Friend nods.

Have you ever gotten on a conference call, then were struck with the urge to defecate? Twenty minutes of hell. I hope they didn't detect the strain in my voice, or hear the rumblings of my colon Krakatoa. 

Have you ever gotten on a conference call, then were struck with the urge to defecate? Twenty minutes of hell. I hope they didn't detect the strain in my voice, or hear the rumblings of my colon Krakatoa. 
I’ve been on a conference call while defecating. 🤷‍♂️

Was the question: What election marked the 21st anniversary of Eisenhower's death?

My wife just kind of fell for a scam where her own phone number called her.....

She declined to comment but freaking logged into a link they texted her.... SMH

WHY WOULD YOUR OWN PHONE NUMBER BE CALLING YOU$@#@#@#$@!#$RWE

I have no idea what the end game here is/would be BUT Verizon said everything looks ok right now

Multiple times in the past few weeks at work I’ve gone into the restroom and people have been having full on business conversations while going to the bathroom. I don’t get it. It’s disgusting. I made sure to rip a nasty one when one guy was on his phone at the urinal. Yeah, that’s right, your client now thinks you’re dropping turds while on the phone with them you nasty stankbutt.

My wife just kind of fell for a scam where her own phone number called her.....

She declined to comment but freaking logged into a link they texted her.... SMH

WHY WOULD YOUR OWN PHONE NUMBER BE CALLING YOU$@#@#@#$@!#$RWE

I have no idea what the end game here is/would be BUT Verizon said everything looks ok right now
I had you on speaker and everyone was saying how mean you were being

:mellow:.  Well for future reference your voicemail will never call you.

I help with IT and I tell people not too...

ok dear...

Multiple times in the past few weeks at work I’ve gone into the restroom and people have been having full on business conversations while going to the bathroom. I don’t get it. It’s disgusting. I made sure to rip a nasty one when one guy was on his phone at the urinal. Yeah, that’s right, your client now thinks you’re dropping turds while on the phone with them you nasty stankbutt.
1000% this.  BEYOND weird.  What's even worse is the guys who do it at the effing urinal.   You know, the ones that want to keep chatting about that morning's stand up while letting it hang.

I don't go to the men's room to socialize, bruh.  I go there to dook.  Whatever it is, it isn't so gaddam important that it can't wait until your #### isn't in your hand any more.   STOP TALKING TO ME, PERV.

If I hear that - and i'm able I just constantly flush

Users who are viewing this thread