What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (7 Viewers)

Friday save. Yesterday I went to the gym in shorts like usual. This morning, I bundle up and go out to my car to find it encased in ice. I can't open the door. Guess I'm going to the gym at lunch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Friday save. Yesterday I went to the gym in shorts like usual. This morning, I bundle up and go out to my car to find it encased in ice. I can't open the door. Guess I'm going to the gym at lunch.
it's basically mid-late January weather here.  6 when i got in the car with a light breeze. topping out around 20 with up to 4" of snow tomorrow.

this weather can get bent

it's basically mid-late January weather here.  6 when i got in the car with a light breeze. topping out around 20 with up to 4" of snow tomorrow.

this weather can get bent
All area schools started two hours late, though actual ice on roads was minimal. It was 31 degrees at 6:30, think of the children!

anyone have tips for circumventing newspaper paywalls?

i've tried incognito mode.. doesn't usually work.

i've tried google searching article links and opening the story cache.. works 25% of the time or less.

i'd like to read a couple stories in the local paper on a daily basis but not willing to spend the $13 a month for online access/home delivery. the sports section is typically about 6 pages and that's 50% of the total volume that isn't advertising. hard pass at that cost.

i've tried google searching article links and opening the story cache.. works 25% of the time or less.

i'd like to read a couple stories in the local paper on a daily basis but not willing to spend the $13 a month for online access/home delivery. the sports section is typically about 6 pages and that's 50% of the total volume that isn't advertising. hard pass at that cost.
Steal hard copy from your neighbor.

I can see why you wouldn't want to pay 21 cents per article.  Darned journalists and their lavish lifestyles.

I can see why you wouldn't want to pay 21 cents per article.  Darned journalists and their lavish lifestyles.
when i only read two that's like $6.50/article

i'm not made of money, Henry.

besides, they're just journalists.  in the societal caste system they're slotted below even teachers.  

when i only read two that's like $6.50/article

i'm not made of money, Henry.

besides, they're just journalists.  in the societal caste system they're slotted below even teachers.  
I must have misunderstood.  It sounded like you read two a day.  

Edit: you did say you read two "on a daily basis."  Which is like 60 articles a month.

My workaround is hitting Ctl-A/Ctl-C as soon as the article loads (before the paywall blocks me) and then I Ctl-V what I captured to word. :bag:   60% of the time it works 100%.

i've been told by no less than 3 people in the last month that my voice is "hard to hear"

wtf does that mean??    :hot:

Users who are viewing this thread