What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (7 Viewers)

Update:

Smoothed over with a sincere apology by me. 

Unclear whether residual feelings will develop into simmering resentments (on either side). :oldunsure:
After our similar blowout "IM DONE" blowup last week, it seemed better. (ETA...seemed, not seems)

We played Clue tonight. I got the double barreled middle fingers for questioning a rule- none of us know the rules and she was the one with rule book (she and I tend to read rules differently anyways). I then got the "#### YOU"  when she proved herself right.

I need to not ask questions and just accept anything she says as sacrosanct or things will be rough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems complicated 
Lol

It could be.  I’m mulling over options.

• Players holding up answers on paper/whiteboards
  • players just writing down answers as we go along and then being on the honor system for their own scores
  • Picking one player (in a rotation) the question. If they don’t get it correct it goes to the next player(s) until we get a correct answer.
  • Using a third person platform to type in answers.  I use a site called Socrative with my students.  It actually works great.  Players can’t see each other’s answers.  This is what I am planning for.  Players just need a phone and either a laptop or tablet.

Lol

• players just writing down answers as we go along and then being on the honor system for their own scores
  • Picking one player (in a rotation) the question. If they don’t get it correct it goes to the next player(s) until we get a correct answer.
  • Using a third person platform to type in answers.  I use a site called Socrative with my students.  It actually works great.  Players can’t see each other’s answers.  This is what I am planning for.  Players just need a phone and either a laptop or tablet.
How many chins per player are allowed?  Depending on the answer I could be in.

Lol

This sounds good.

What time on Thursday.

I'll try to make sure my wife is talking to me for that window so we can be a team. Our first date was to a trivia night at an Australian/Kiwi pub. Here in Seattle. It's a surprisingly large category.
I was hoping to bring Mr krista to be a team, too.  Is that allowed?  If it's just one-player teams, then I'll have him do it instead of me.  

I was hoping to bring Mr krista to be a team, too.  Is that allowed?  If it's just one-player teams, then I'll have him do it instead of me.  
Multiplayer teams are not only fine but encouraged.  

Ultimately, each player/team will submit their answer by typing it into a box and submitting it.  When I use Socrative with my students I tell them to elect a Captain (who determines their final answer) and a “typist” who enters it.

an aside:  wife had cabin fever, so went to the grocery store, very early this morning.  she's dressed for the pandemic.  head to toe, covered.  can't really see her face.  store is relatively empty.  of both people and product.  she finds what's needed/available and is heading to the check out line.  looks up, and the TV/billboard thing, in the store, is prominently displaying a message.  7 to 9am is for the elderly, 65+ and or the handicapped.   :lmao:   she is then carded by the cashier, for my beer.   :lmao:   she still feels guilty.   :lmao:   cashier,   did.  not.  care.  

an aside:  wife had cabin fever, so went to the grocery store, very early this morning.  she's dressed for the pandemic.  head to toe, covered.  can't really see her face.  store is relatively empty.  of both people and product.  she finds what's needed/available and is heading to the check out line.  looks up, and the TV/billboard thing, in the store, is prominently displaying a message.  7 to 9am is for the elderly, 65+ and or the handicapped.   :lmao:   she is then carded by the cashier, for my beer.   :lmao:   she still feels guilty.   :lmao:   cashier,   did.  not.  care.  
What are the grocery stores like in Van Nuys?

-fish- said:
This is great.   Guys from Bovada are on live chat asking how to make it better and what else the degenerates want to bet on.
@Pinnacle

THIS. JUST. IN #NewLine We have just opened lines for this weekend's #MarbulaOne race! Who wins? Savage Speeders (8.000*) O'rangers (9.000*) Balls of Chaos (11.000*) Thunderbolts (14.000*) Find the rest of the field here : https://bit.ly/2xnR3ee

So over the past few weeks I have been winding my way through the interview process for a corporate finance position at a fairly well known online retailer named named after a river/rain forest. So far I have done two phone interviews, submitted a writing sample, and have talked to an HR person about process, benefits, etc..

On Monday I do the "full loop" of interviews. Five interviews in six hours. Usually these would be on site, but instead this is going to all happen via video conference. Ugh.

I still have tons of prep to do to be ready. The process is rigorous. Or grueling.

The interviews are all "behavioral". They ask questions that require you to tell anecdotes that demonstrate how you align with their 14 "leadership principles". They need to be specific and you need to be prepared to go into detail. Which means you really need to prep them ahead of time. The good news is that many of the principles have some overlap. But because you can be asked the same kinds of questions by multiple people and they frown on repetition of the same anecdote, it means I really need to have 15-20 of these things prepared, minimum.

In addition to that hassle, I am kind of freaking out because the stakes now feel REALLY high. If this doesn't work out, when is the next opportunity going to come along? It could be quite a while.

And doing all those interviews via Skype or whatever is gonna suck.

But the positive is that I could have a pretty darn good job in a week and a half. Without ever meeting another human being in person. :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
So over the past few weeks I have been winding my way through the interview process for a corporate finance position at a fairly well known online retailer named named after a river/rain forest. So far I have done two phone interviews, submitted a writing sample, and have talked to an HR person about process, benefits, etc..

On Monday I do the "full loop" of interviews. Five interviews in six hours. Usually these would be on site, but instead this is going to all happen via video conference. Ugh.

I still have tons of prep to do to be ready. The process is rigorous. Or grueling.

The interviews are all "behavioral". They ask questions that require you to tell anecdotes that demonstrate how you align with their 14 "leadership principles". They need to be specific and you need to be prepared to go into detail. Which means you really need to prep them ahead of time. The good news is that many of the principles have some overlap. But because you can be asked the same kinds of questions by multiple people and they frown on repetition of the same anecdote, it means I really need to have 15-20 of these things prepared, minimum.

In addition to that hassle, I am kind of freaking out because the stakes now feel REALLY high. If this doesn't work out, when is the next opportunity going to come along? It could be quite a while.

And doing all those interviews via Skype or whatever is gonna suck.

But the positive is that I could have a pretty darn good job in a week and a half. Without ever meeting another human being in person. :lmao:
have you considered getting in touch with drifter?  he was with them for quite a while before he took a job back east.

Users who are viewing this thread