Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
General Malaise

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing

9 minutes ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

No trivia Saturday...at least as far as I have decided tonight.

Maybe just a free-form-jazz happy hour.  

Post some song so I can rate.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

Here?

No, in that other thread.

• Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

17 hours ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

Here?

NO....FIRE UP A ZOOOOOM

• Like 1

I assume Zoom Sex is a thing? Any of you single people messing around with this?  If not, lie to me.

• Laughing 1

22 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I assume Zoom Sex is a thing? Any of you single people messing around with this?  If not, lie to me.

You mean like I ask my wife for sex and then zoom she's gone 

• Like 2
  • Laughing 5

got tired of sitting in my house drinking so now I’m sitting on my boat drinking.  It’s a big improvement.

• Like 8

Just dropping by to say hi. Hope you all are bunkered down with the necessary 3 month supply of ammo, tp and food.  Get exercise. Been nice to get to know my family again. Apparently all they do while I'm at work is sleep, eat, play video games, do tiktok, watch TV, and FaceTime or text everyone. 

Hope everyone is doing ok.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

Sorry, mayne.  Busy tonight.

No you aren’t 

13 minutes ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

I’m busy not missing you.

Seems mean.

• Love 1

forced to work today.  there goes the 18 days of quarantine, i had built up.  awesome.  i could have refused...or been furloughed.  :shrug:  

So, watching Onward last night on Disney+ may not have been a great choice given recent events in my life.

• Sad 3

9 hours ago, DA RAIDERS said:

forced to work today.  there goes the 18 days of quarantine, i had built up.  awesome.  i could have refused...or been furloughed.  :shrug:  

What kind of function required you to work?

1 hour ago, cosjobs said:

What kind of function required you to work?

the owner

1 hour ago, heckmanm said:

So, watching Onward last night on Disney+ may not have been a great choice given recent events in my life.

Sorry, man. 

We watched it last night too. Tears a'plenty for us too if it makes you feel any better.

Not their best imo. No real laughs,  few real highs and more of a shift into Disney rinse/repeat story lines. 

That makes it sound terrible. It wasn't. but I don't think will be anywhere near their best. Misses out on not being seen on a big screen too...looks like it was pretty fantastic in terms of visuals and world building.

/Ebert.

But sorry again, heck. :(

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

wat

the unwritten rules were on the table.  we are applying for the PPP.  work or be furloughed, with no guarantee of being brought back.  those that have chosen to be furloughed, are not being looked upon in a positive light.  those that were furloughed without a choice, probably are not coming back.   i chose to work.  i have been unemployed before.  it sucks.  

50 minutes ago, DA RAIDERS said:

the unwritten rules were on the table.  we are applying for the PPP.  work or be furloughed, with no guarantee of being brought back.  those that have chosen to be furloughed, are not being looked upon in a positive light.  those that were furloughed without a choice, probably are not coming back.   i chose to work.  i have been unemployed before.  it sucks.  

but what was the event you had to work?

46 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

but what was the event you had to work?

To go food? 

i've come to learn that if you've watched a video on how something is done, it automatically makes you more qualified than the person who made the video.. and it confers upon you the ability to tell other people how to do that thing, even if you've never actually done it before and the person you're talking to has decades of experience making that particular item.

it's a hell of a thing to be so smart. such a burden.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DA RAIDERS said:

To go food? 

Can I order from you or do I need to call the restaurant?

3 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

Can I order from you or do I need to call the restaurant?

trust me, i have people doing this.  please call the restaurant directly 

5 minutes ago, DA RAIDERS said:

trust me, i have people doing this.  please call the restaurant directly 

So what's the setup/ Several of you hanging out at the window and toting bags out to car when they text you? Seems like it would be fairly safe if all hands practiced distancing. Do you have to handle money or cards?

18 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

So what's the setup/ Several of you hanging out at the window and toting bags out to car when they text you? Seems like it would be fairly safe if all hands practiced distancing. Do you have to handle money or cards?

orders come in via phone and 3 different internet platforms.  cc is done over those platforms.  only one requires a signature on site.  we are not excepting cash.  there are 8-15 people working in the restaurant.  no one is wearing a mask.  maybe 15% are wearing gloves.  my interaction with my co-workers is the concern, not the guests.

26 minutes ago, DA RAIDERS said:

orders come in via phone and 3 different internet platforms.  cc is done over those platforms.  only one requires a signature on site.  we are not excepting cash.  there are 8-15 people working in the restaurant.  no one is wearing a mask.  maybe 15% are wearing gloves.  my interaction with my co-workers is the concern, not the guests.

Wow. 15% gloves? I expected better from established, upper end places. I probably won't get any more takeout, although I'd liek to support my locals. Maybe just buy a gift card that will probably end up worthless.

I like Domino's touchless pizza. The thin and crispy is not horrible.

29 minutes ago, DA RAIDERS said:

Y'all should drop the signature-requiring service. Take out the weakest link. And the manager needs to get people wearing ####### gloves or send them home. With at least govt. dole pay. When I do curbside I tell them the back door is unlocked and they stow it away. Seems safe on that part of the transaction. Now I worry about the kitchen and the front. 

You should start a Compliance service that's issues Total COVID COmpliance certificates to restaurants that score 100% on surprise or clandestine store checks. I doubt there is time to make money, but you could build up a brand in a big hurry. Link complying stores on your website.

1 hour ago, DA RAIDERS said:

maybe 15% are wearing gloves.  

This is insane.

1 minute ago, krista4 said:

maybe 15% are wearing gloves.  

This is insane.

:loco:

Random story I’ve been meaning to tell...

Just before the Corona hit the fan a relative of mine was in town just for one night. He’s in education too but in NorCal.

He tells me that a job application comes across his desk for an open coaching spot at his school.

He notices that the applicant is way overqualified/overeducated to be applying to coach JV girls tennis.  Like really really overqualified.

Turns out it's this guy https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Persky

Oh, And He was very forthcoming as to why he left his previous job.

• Laughing 1

10 minutes ago, DA RAIDERS said:

just got furloughed.  cool cool cool....

####.

Yes, Fred...I called him a ####.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

Listening to my daughter, laugh her ### off, playing video games with her friends, is a beautiful sound. 

• Like 8
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, cosjobs said:

You should start a Compliance service that's issues Total COVID COmpliance certificates to restaurants that score 100% on surprise or clandestine store checks. I doubt there is time to make money, but you could build up a brand in a big hurry. Link complying stores on your website.

I like this idea, let’s talk tomorrow. 

5 hours ago, DA RAIDERS said:

####

Not sure why anyone who is getting the PPP is furloughing people unless they cannot make payroll this month before the funds come in. Expect everyone to be back by June 30 or the company will be paying back a portion of the loan. 

13 hours ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

Random story I’ve been meaning to tell...

Just before the Corona hit the fan a relative of mine was in town just for one night. He’s in education too but in NorCal.

He tells me that a job application comes across his desk for an open coaching spot at his school.

He notices that the applicant is way overqualified/overeducated to be applying to coach JV girls tennis.  Like really really overqualified.

Turns out it's this guy https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Persky

Oh, And He was very forthcoming as to why he left his previous job.

so did they hire him, or.......?

12 hours ago, El Floppo said:

####.

Yes, Fred...I called him a ####.

You beat me to it. :( 

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, krista4 said:

You beat me to it. :( 

####

• Laughing 2

13 hours ago, DA RAIDERS said:

#### man...sorry to hear that.

9 hours ago, DA RAIDERS said:

I like this idea, let’s talk tomorrow. 

call me anytime gb

Sorry about the furlough, but you seemed really irritated to have to go in over the weekend. Does furloughed mean you get unemployment and the fed addons? 

10 hours ago, DA RAIDERS said:

Listening to my daughter, laugh her ### off, playing video games with her friends, is a beautiful sound. 

Your daughter: “I can hear my dad play video chat trivia will a bunch of old drunks. So annoying.”

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

36 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

call me anytime gb

Sorry about the furlough, but you seemed really irritated to have to go in over the weekend. Does furloughed mean you get unemployment and the fed addons? 

it does.  however, i've heard that the extra 600 isn't showing up yet, much like the ppp loan is proving difficult to obtain.  i've never filed for unemployment before.  i filed about 10 days ago, out of an abundance of caution, and have heard nothing from them.  they're a tad overloaded  

3 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Not sure why anyone who is getting the PPP is furloughing people unless they cannot make payroll this month before the funds come in. Expect everyone to be back by June 30 or the company will be paying back a portion of the loan. 

this is what we were told.  the loan is proving to be difficult to obtain.  paying everyone, without it, is not sustainable.  so, furloughs for everyone!  we were told that once the loan is in place, we will be brought back.  could be friday, could be june 30th.

i'm not clear yet on the specifics of the loan.  does the payroll language state that the same payroll must be maintained from the the date of lockdown?  or from the inception of the loan?  if it's the later, getting rid of everyone, just made a lot less paperwork for them.  

3 minutes ago, DA RAIDERS said:

this is what we were told.  the loan is proving to be difficult to obtain.  paying everyone, without it, is not sustainable.  so, furloughs for everyone!  we were told that once the loan is in place, we will be brought back.  could be friday, could be june 30th.

i'm not clear yet on the specifics of the loan.  does the payroll language state that the same payroll must be maintained from the the date of lockdown?  or from the inception of the loan?  if it's the later, getting rid of everyone, just made a lot less paperwork for them.  

So from what I understand, it's based on your payroll for x mths. And if you don't use it all for payroll/utilities/rent/mortgage than you have to pay the amount not used back. If you do use all of it for those things than you don't have to pay it back, and if there is a difference since you laid off workers than you owe that difference back. The SBA thread has some good info it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You can obtain a loan for 2.5x your average monthly payroll, based on last 12 months. Not counting portions of salary over $100k. You add state/local taxes and benefits on top. 

It is 100% forgiven IF you spend 75% of loan on payroll costs (also permitted to spend proceeds on mortgages, utilities, rent), keep headcount equal to previous quarter average (I think — or something similar) and payroll is not reduced by more that 25%. 

Variation from the above results in dollar for dollar of loan proceeds being paid back at 1% interest in 2 years or less.  You don’t violate headcount rule if furloughed employees brought back before June 30. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1