What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (10 Viewers)

Just dropping by to say hi. Hope you all are bunkered down with the necessary 3 month supply of ammo, tp and food.  Get exercise. Been nice to get to know my family again. Apparently all they do while I'm at work is sleep, eat, play video games, do tiktok, watch TV, and FaceTime or text everyone. 

Hope everyone is doing ok.

forced to work today.  there goes the 18 days of quarantine, i had built up.  awesome.  i could have refused...or been furloughed.   :shrug:   

So, watching Onward last night on Disney+ may not have been a great choice given recent events in my life.
Sorry, man. 

We watched it last night too. Tears a'plenty for us too if it makes you feel any better.

Not their best imo. No real laughs,  few real highs and more of a shift into Disney rinse/repeat story lines. 

That makes it sound terrible. It wasn't. but I don't think will be anywhere near their best. Misses out on not being seen on a big screen too...looks like it was pretty fantastic in terms of visuals and world building.

/Ebert.

But sorry again, heck. :(

cosjobs said:
the unwritten rules were on the table.  we are applying for the PPP.  work or be furloughed, with no guarantee of being brought back.  those that have chosen to be furloughed, are not being looked upon in a positive light.  those that were furloughed without a choice, probably are not coming back.   i chose to work.  i have been unemployed before.  it sucks.  

the unwritten rules were on the table.  we are applying for the PPP.  work or be furloughed, with no guarantee of being brought back.  those that have chosen to be furloughed, are not being looked upon in a positive light.  those that were furloughed without a choice, probably are not coming back.   i chose to work.  i have been unemployed before.  it sucks.  
but what was the event you had to work?

i've come to learn that if you've watched a video on how something is done, it automatically makes you more qualified than the person who made the video.. and it confers upon you the ability to tell other people how to do that thing, even if you've never actually done it before and the person you're talking to has decades of experience making that particular item.

it's a hell of a thing to be so smart. such a burden.

trust me, i have people doing this.  please call the restaurant directly 
So what's the setup/ Several of you hanging out at the window and toting bags out to car when they text you? Seems like it would be fairly safe if all hands practiced distancing. Do you have to handle money or cards?

So what's the setup/ Several of you hanging out at the window and toting bags out to car when they text you? Seems like it would be fairly safe if all hands practiced distancing. Do you have to handle money or cards?
orders come in via phone and 3 different internet platforms.  cc is done over those platforms.  only one requires a signature on site.  we are not excepting cash.  there are 8-15 people working in the restaurant.  no one is wearing a mask.  maybe 15% are wearing gloves.  my interaction with my co-workers is the concern, not the guests.

orders come in via phone and 3 different internet platforms.  cc is done over those platforms.  only one requires a signature on site.  we are not excepting cash.  there are 8-15 people working in the restaurant.  no one is wearing a mask.  maybe 15% are wearing gloves.  my interaction with my co-workers is the concern, not the guests.
Wow. 15% gloves? I expected better from established, upper end places. I probably won't get any more takeout, although I'd liek to support my locals. Maybe just buy a gift card that will probably end up worthless.

I like Domino's touchless pizza. The thin and crispy is not horrible.

Y'all should drop the signature-requiring service. Take out the weakest link. And the manager needs to get people wearing ####### gloves or send them home. With at least govt. dole pay. When I do curbside I tell them the back door is unlocked and they stow it away. Seems safe on that part of the transaction. Now I worry about the kitchen and the front. 

You should start a Compliance service that's issues Total COVID COmpliance certificates to restaurants that score 100% on surprise or clandestine store checks. I doubt there is time to make money, but you could build up a brand in a big hurry. Link complying stores on your website.

Random story I’ve been meaning to tell...

Just before the Corona hit the fan a relative of mine was in town just for one night. He’s in education too but in NorCal.

He tells me that a job application comes across his desk for an open coaching spot at his school.

He notices that the applicant is way overqualified/overeducated to be applying to coach JV girls tennis.  Like really really overqualified.

Turns out it's this guy https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Persky

Oh, And He was very forthcoming as to why he left his previous job.

You should start a Compliance service that's issues Total COVID COmpliance certificates to restaurants that score 100% on surprise or clandestine store checks. I doubt there is time to make money, but you could build up a brand in a big hurry. Link complying stores on your website.
I like this idea, let’s talk tomorrow. 

Not sure why anyone who is getting the PPP is furloughing people unless they cannot make payroll this month before the funds come in. Expect everyone to be back by June 30 or the company will be paying back a portion of the loan. 

Random story I’ve been meaning to tell...

Just before the Corona hit the fan a relative of mine was in town just for one night. He’s in education too but in NorCal.

He tells me that a job application comes across his desk for an open coaching spot at his school.

He notices that the applicant is way overqualified/overeducated to be applying to coach JV girls tennis.  Like really really overqualified.

Turns out it's this guy https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Persky

Oh, And He was very forthcoming as to why he left his previous job.
so did they hire him, or.......?

call me anytime gb

Sorry about the furlough, but you seemed really irritated to have to go in over the weekend. Does furloughed mean you get unemployment and the fed addons? 
it does.  however, i've heard that the extra 600 isn't showing up yet, much like the ppp loan is proving difficult to obtain.  i've never filed for unemployment before.  i filed about 10 days ago, out of an abundance of caution, and have heard nothing from them.  they're a tad overloaded  

Not sure why anyone who is getting the PPP is furloughing people unless they cannot make payroll this month before the funds come in. Expect everyone to be back by June 30 or the company will be paying back a portion of the loan. 
this is what we were told.  the loan is proving to be difficult to obtain.  paying everyone, without it, is not sustainable.  so, furloughs for everyone!  we were told that once the loan is in place, we will be brought back.  could be friday, could be june 30th.

i'm not clear yet on the specifics of the loan.  does the payroll language state that the same payroll must be maintained from the the date of lockdown?  or from the inception of the loan?  if it's the later, getting rid of everyone, just made a lot less paperwork for them.  

this is what we were told.  the loan is proving to be difficult to obtain.  paying everyone, without it, is not sustainable.  so, furloughs for everyone!  we were told that once the loan is in place, we will be brought back.  could be friday, could be june 30th.

i'm not clear yet on the specifics of the loan.  does the payroll language state that the same payroll must be maintained from the the date of lockdown?  or from the inception of the loan?  if it's the later, getting rid of everyone, just made a lot less paperwork for them.  
So from what I understand, it's based on your payroll for x mths. And if you don't use it all for payroll/utilities/rent/mortgage than you have to pay the amount not used back. If you do use all of it for those things than you don't have to pay it back, and if there is a difference since you laid off workers than you owe that difference back. The SBA thread has some good info it.

You can obtain a loan for 2.5x your average monthly payroll, based on last 12 months. Not counting portions of salary over $100k. You add state/local taxes and benefits on top. 

It is 100% forgiven IF you spend 75% of loan on payroll costs (also permitted to spend proceeds on mortgages, utilities, rent), keep headcount equal to previous quarter average (I think — or something similar) and payroll is not reduced by more that 25%. 

Variation from the above results in dollar for dollar of loan proceeds being paid back at 1% interest in 2 years or less.  You don’t violate headcount rule if furloughed employees brought back before June 30. 

mother ####er.

do you know whether or not your employer is going to take out a loan from the subsidy?  if they are, there's chance they'll bring you back to avoid the penalty.

sorry man
Thanks.

I'll add that to the questions I have for the COO.... if he calls me back.
So far, I have that and...

When does health coverage end?

Can the office cover my health for the next 3-6 months (my wife worked for American Eagle clothing and they did this for her for a full year after she left)

How much is COBRA

Possibility of rehire if things correct

Anything else I should ask the guy?
(posted this in confidence in your job thread)

just now heard from HR.

my insurance ends on April 16- the same day that they're considering my termination. Termination, not furlough. I'm hearing the same about others (as well as lack of response).

COBRA is $3,413 a month. 

so- with my $1,100/week of unemployment (and I'm grateful for the extra $600 in the federal  aid) I can cover COBRA. and maybe have enough to feed my family. as long as I don't pay rent, utilities, phone, life insurance or anything else. Or I can choose to cover rent. and not pay for anything else. I think my kids have eaten enough this month.

why they didn't send this out with my termination, I don't ####### know. Have to check with the wife to make sure of when she has our new (ACA) insurance scheduled to start. we both- and everybody else I asked- assumed April had already been payed for, so would need new coverage starting May 1. this could have been answered with a simple ####### email instead of waiting most of a week later.

#### these people.

(posted this in confidence in your job thread)

just now heard from HR.

my insurance ends on April 16- the same day that they're considering my termination. Termination, not furlough. I'm hearing the same about others (as well as lack of response).

COBRA is $3,413 a month. 

so- with my $1,100/week of unemployment (and I'm grateful for the extra $600 in the federal  aid) I can cover COBRA. and maybe have enough to feed my family. as long as I don't pay rent, utilities, phone, life insurance or anything else. Or I can choose to cover rent. and not pay for anything else. I think my kids have eaten enough this month.

why they didn't send this out with my termination, I don't ####### know. Have to check with the wife to make sure of when she has our new (ACA) insurance scheduled to start. we both- and everybody else I asked- assumed April had already been payed for, so would need new coverage starting May 1. this could have been answered with a simple ####### email instead of waiting most of a week later.

#### these people.
Not sure anyone covered it in the other thread but you usually have 30 days to elect Cobra (maybe 45?), then I believe another 30 before you need to pay

so you can kind of let it ride during this time and if something happens you can file retroactively 

please double check with experts but I know there is definitely a grace period where you can freeroll and hope things change between now and then

also that cost seems outrageous.  I know you are in NY but when I was looking at a job in Michigan a few years ago that would have required me finding my own private insurance I believe I was looking at $1500ish for a family of 5 and that was for a comparable plan to what I had.  I’d think you can find at least a high deductible plan through ACA for much cheaper.  

Hell  at $3K per month unless someone had a regular condition that requires care I would just take my chances that nothing happens over the next few months, even then you could probably negotiate down a lower payment 

Not sure anyone covered it in the other thread but you usually have 30 days to elect Cobra (maybe 45?), then I believe another 30 before you need to pay

so you can kind of let it ride during this time and if something happens you can file retroactively 

please double check with experts but I know there is definitely a grace period where you can freeroll and hope things change between now and then

also that cost seems outrageous.  I know you are in NY but when I was looking at a job in Michigan a few years ago that would have required me finding my own private insurance I believe I was looking at $1500ish for a family of 5 and that was for a comparable plan to what I had.  I’d think you can find at least a high deductible plan through ACA for much cheaper.  

Hell  at $3K per month unless someone had a regular condition that requires care I would just take my chances that nothing happens over the next few months, even then you could probably negotiate down a lower payment 
you're dead on. 

the wife has been on the line with NY ACA (obama care)- start date would be May 1, but they're reviewing our case for special help. we find out in two weeks.

but either way- yes... we have basically 60 days to sign up for COBRA, so worst case is that we use that for the last two weeks of April and figure out how to pay for it.

I'm just furious with how this company is treating us over simple ####. like sending this info out with the termination letter. or even trying to use the PPP to furlough their staff to try to provide cover (as other friends with their own companies are doing). I have no idea if I'm even welcome back after this... and I was head-hunted right before this wall went down- and this firm was one of the firms being offered (my headhunter didn't know I had moved there). so prior to this, they had enough work to be looking to hire another me.

Users who are viewing this thread