What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (9 Viewers)

You know what would help pay for the outrageous insurance?

Pick some winning horses this afternoon and post them in the wagering thread 

:oldunsure:
TVG running a promotion on select races where if your pick comes in 2nd or 3rd you get your money back on a win bet...but the limit is $10.   #8 in the 7th at SA.   Haven't looked at the other tracks.   

I'm just about to dig into today's card.   I'll post some picks.  

Is that even legal to require a camera?

Every meeting I would just spend 10 minutes "accidentally" screwing it up every time.

Oh you see the ceiling? How about now?  Is this working?  Let me plug it back in.

TVG running a promotion on select races where if your pick comes in 2nd or 3rd you get your money back on a win bet...but the limit is $10.   #8 in the 7th at SA.   Haven't looked at the other tracks.   

I'm just about to dig into today's card.   I'll post some picks.  
Hells yes!!!!!!

Any tips on smoothing things over with an upset boss who could be bipolar?

Let's say you did a little screw-up months ago and it just came to light. It was something she should have caught (and obviously is taking zero responsibility). You have already said your peace, accepted responsibility for the error...but made it known you don't feel it's 100% your fault due to the specific situation. 

Ride it out and hope for the best?

Expect to be fired soon?

Asking for a good buddy, of course. 
much of a smartass as i may be, it is my policy to respond to anything from capricious superiors with the most thudding stupidity & humility i can get away with. they end up feeling better about themselves for it, which usually takes the heat off me

Some scammed Amazon and me out of a pretty pricey motherboard. I was replacing a motherboard on a PC rebuild and got it today from Amazon. Only thing is someone took the first generation mobo they must have had and swapped out for the second generation new mobo. It was missing some of plastic wrapping on the rear ports (giggle) and the chipset latches didn’t spring up and down like they were new. The configuration of the boards are noticeably different and anyone could tell  besides the new should say “..Deluxe II”on it and the “II” is missing on what I received. Amazon is giving me a replacement and hopefully this time it’s what I actually ordered. I’ve never had this happen before and this a pricey motherboard. 

Amazon is giving me a replacement and hopefully this time it’s what I actually ordered.
Odds are excellent it will be fine this time. I bought a watch on Amazon and after a week with no delivery, raised a stink on chat. Sent me another one immediately. Six weeks later the first watch arrived.  :lmao:

Maybe the wife will talk to me again within the next week, but not sure. I got upset with something and how she said it...escalated quickly- with kids in the backseat on our way to the beach. As always, everything is my fault. If she's upset by something I've done, I have to listen and explain that I understand why she's upset whether I agree or no...and form some kind of genuine apology. If I defend my words or actions, that means I don't care that I've upset her. tbh- I don't like upsetting anybody, so this isn't the end of the world to me- and something I've worked on over the years. If shes said or done something that upsets me, it's my fault for being too...sensitive/paranoid/whatever...or I've expressed my hurt in the wrong way. So then shes upset with me and I have to go back to the same plan for when I've said/done something upsetting to her. Basically- I'm not allowed to be upset with her...ever. 

And we went to the beach.

How was your day?

Maybe the wife will talk to me again within the next week, but not sure. I got upset with something and how she said it...escalated quickly- with kids in the backseat on our way to the beach. As always, everything is my fault. If she's upset by something I've done, I have to listen and explain that I understand why she's upset whether I agree or no...and form some kind of genuine apology. If I defend my words or actions, that means I don't care that I've upset her. tbh- I don't like upsetting anybody, so this isn't the end of the world to me- and something I've worked on over the years. If shes said or done something that upsets me, it's my fault for being too...sensitive/paranoid/whatever...or I've expressed my hurt in the wrong way. So then shes upset with me and I have to go back to the same plan for when I've said/done something upsetting to her. Basically- I'm not allowed to be upset with her...ever. 

How was your day?
Mrs. O and I bought amethyst stud earrings today from a local jeweler. We now refer to the stone as pandemethyst. No fighting occurred to and from Clearwater nor did we see any high profile Scientologists. Also, Christobal has been dumping a ridiculous amount of rain on the Tampa Bay Area.  

Last edited by a moderator:

How was your day?
I threw some peanut shells on the ground in front of the garage and my wife used the shop vac to clean them up 

and I made bacon wrapped smoked pork chops

How was your day?
I procrastinated today, but I really have a lot to do and I need to get organized so I started making a list.  Here's what I have so far

1 –

How was your day?
This got me thinking about the 5 deadly words used by a woman:

1. Fine – This is the word women use when they want to end an argument and she wants you to shut up.
  2. Nothing – Means something and you need to be worried.
  3. Go Ahead – This is a dare, not permission, do not do it.
  4. Whatever – A woman’s way of saying “screw you”.
  5. That’s ok – She is thinking long and hard on how and when you will pay for your mistake.
Bonus Word – WOW! – This is not a compliment.  She’s amazed that one person could be so stupid.

This got me thinking about the 5 deadly words used by a woman:

1. Fine – This is the word women use when they want to end an argument and she wants you to shut up.
  2. Nothing – Means something and you need to be worried.
  3. Go Ahead – This is a dare, not permission, do not do it.
  4. Whatever – A woman’s way of saying “screw you”.
  5. That’s ok – She is thinking long and hard on how and when you will pay for your mistake.
Bonus Word – WOW! – This is not a compliment.  She’s amazed that one person could be so stupid.
WOW!  Whatever.

My friends in the Upper Midwest are going to experience tropical rain, as the remnants of Christobal persist all the way to Lake Superior. It will sting, and the raindrops will seem impossibly close together. Do not be alarmed. Also, it will be hot as hell for a few days after it passes.

kevzilla said:
My friends in the Upper Midwest are going to experience tropical rain, as the remnants of Christobal persist all the way to Lake Superior. It will sting, and the raindrops will seem impossibly close together. Do not be alarmed. Also, it will be hot as hell for a few days after it passes.
pfft, when we get rain now it's never less than 1" at a time over the course of 1-2 hours.  we've been warming up for an actual hurricane for years now.

we got 3" in about 4 hours a week and a half ago. that was super.

pfft, when we get rain now it's never less than 1" at a time over the course of 1-2 hours.  we've been warming up for an actual hurricane for years now.

we got 3" in about 4 hours a week and a half ago. that was super.
But you try and tell that to the young people today, and they won't believe you.

my aunt arlene just died of mds at 89.

:(

and because of covid, she was alone in the hospital. my mom and my cousins haven't been able to see her for three weeks since she was hospitalized. when things went south, arlene told my mom she definitely didn't want to keep living like that- difficulty breathing, feverish, and just wanting to sleep all the time. she was ready to go, and my mom thinks chose the time. 

hug your loved ones.

and because of covid, she was alone in the hospital. my mom and my cousins haven't been able to see her for three weeks since she was hospitalized. when things went south, arlene told my mom she definitely didn't want to keep living like that- difficulty breathing, feverish, and just wanting to sleep all the time. she was ready to go, and my mom thinks chose the time. 

hug your loved ones.
Sorry for your loss GB

hug your loved ones.
Sorry for your loss GB. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

I have a half-full bottle of Cholula sauce that says best by Sept 2019. Am I going to die if I put it in my refried beans?

If it's losing its heat, it's going bad. The vinegar and the chilis should be acidic enough to slow the development of toxic mold, but if it starts to have black flecks in it, those are developing mold colonies.   Average hot sauce should last about 3 years open and refrigerated.*

*Not legal or medical advice.   If you die, it's on you for not spending $1.29 on a new bottle.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's losing its heat, it's going bad. The vinegar and the chilis should be acidic enough to slow the development of toxic mold, but if it starts to have black flecks in it, those are developing mold colonies.   Average hot sauce should last about 3 years open and refrigerated.*

*Not legal or medical advice.   If you die, it's on you for not spending $1.29 on a new bottle.
Who refrigerates their hot sauce?

Can you show me where it says that on the bottle?

i never put any of my hot sauces in the fridge
I have about 10 bottles of hot sauce in my refrigerator door.

Cholula does not say it.  In fact, on their website, it says:

Does Cholula Need To Be Refrigerated?

No, Cholula doesn’t need to be kept in the refrigerator, even after being opened. The vinegar and salt, along with capsaicin help keep the hot sauce from going bad at room temperature. This is why you will often see Cholula hot sauce out on restaurant tables, ready for use!
Cholula clearly does not have a legal team.

Let's not overlook the fact that Cholula has very little heat to begin with.  I'm not sure if I could tell when it's "losing heat".

Good question about the hot sauce. Maybe because I don't go through them fast enough.

I also hate refrigerated mustard and ketchup, but we still refrigerate them.  Man, I wish I had the balls to just let that stuff sit out forever.

Users who are viewing this thread