What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (9 Viewers)

It's pretty straightforward...

-Dollop of coconut oil in, like, a medium sized pan on medium heat(you don't want to scorch the hell out of the popcorn before it all pops)

- Throw in 3 or 4 kernels first and cover the pan(IMPORTANT!)

- Once those kernels have popped, dump in the remaining kernels you're gonna pop(like, 1/3 or 1/4 of a cup)

- Make sure you put the lid back on the pan

- Now you sort of need to "shake" the pan back and forth on the burner to make sure you're agitating the kernels.

- Keep it on the heat until the popping reduces to somewhere around two seconds between pops.

- Remove from heat. Season.

- Place popcorn in mouth. Chew. Swallow.
This is the step I've been missing, the magic moment it stops being jiffy pop and becomes a worthwhile endeavor. Thanks.

Can somebody walk me through this "peanut butter and jelly sandwich" thing?
Also pretty straightforward....

- Open bread bag and remove amount desired(or slice off what you desire if you're dealing with a homemade loaf)

- Open peanut butter

- Using a butter knife, slather desired amount of peanut butter onto bread(if using multiple pieces, it's customary to apply it on only one side, but not restricted to that)

- Wipe butter knife clean to make sure it is free of peanut butter.(IMPORTANT! PB does not reside in the jelly jar, so do not cross contaminate. You aren't some kind of neanderthal)

- Open jelly.

- Using butter knife, slather desired amount of jelly onto bread(again, if multiple pieces are involved it is customary to apply the jelly to the opposite piece that was previously peanut butter'd)

- If using multiple pieces of bread, place one on top of the other with the peanut butter and jelly facing each other(IMPORTANT! This avoids unnecessary mess)

- If using one piece of bread, fold/cut bread in half so peanut butter/jelly mixture is on the inside of your sandwich(IMPORTANT! Again, this avoids unnecessary mess)

- Place sandwich in mouth. Bite. Chew. Swallow.
I am pretty sure we have already gone over this in GMTAN v1.0. You forgot the crazy steps where you transfer the pb&j into a bowl, and mix it up, creating extra items to clean, before spreading it on the bread.

- Open bread bag and remove amount desired(or slice off what you desire if you're dealing with a homemade loaf)

- Open peanut butter

- Using a butter knife, slather desired amount of peanut butter onto bread(if using multiple pieces, it's customary to apply it on only one side, but not restricted to that)

- Wipe butter knife clean to make sure it is free of peanut butter.(IMPORTANT! PB does not reside in the jelly jar, so do not cross contaminate. You aren't some kind of neanderthal)

- Open jelly.

- Using butter knife, slather desired amount of jelly onto bread(again, if multiple pieces are involved it is customary to apply the jelly to the opposite piece that was previously peanut butter'd)

- If using multiple pieces of bread, place one on top of the other with the peanut butter and jelly facing each other(IMPORTANT! This avoids unnecessary mess)

- If using one piece of bread, fold/cut bread in half so peanut butter/jelly mixture is on the inside of your sandwich(IMPORTANT! Again, this avoids unnecessary mess)

We got rid of all of our butter knives.

If it makes it more palatable, the microwave burned out and I decided to use the microwave shelf as a liquor cabinet instead.

- Open peanut butter

- Open jelly.

I am pretty sure we have already gone over this in GMTAN v1.0. You forgot the crazy steps where you transfer the pb&j into a bowl, and mix it up, creating extra items to clean, before spreading it on the bread.
Don't you dare start with this crap again. I will cut you.

I would like to think that someday my grandchildren will live in a world where there will be permanent establishments where they would be able to purchase BBQ and alcohol. It's a pipe dream, I know.

Kinda salty about being unable to buy Bitgold.
Bob promised me I could sleep with his wife and attend some swingers' parties. :shrug:

Canadian stocks can be a royal pain in the balls to buy initially. I think you have to lean on your prime broker and demand they let you buy Canadian shares.

We got another IPO coming this year. I'll keep you posted.

Full offer on our house pulled. Cold feet. I knew I jinxed it. Feeling stabby and drinky right now.

Hey, board meeting for rec soccer tonight! Hope I'm not too....salty.

If it makes you feel better GM, we just committed to buy four new doors and 2 new windows for a house we're hoping to sell next fall.

urbanhack said:
shuke said:
El Floppo said:
shuke said:
proninja or anyone else..

I have a Cannondale that I bought at a garage sale 8 years ago and I haven't ridden in about 4 years. Pulled it out of the garage the other day because I need some type of exercise.

Both wheels/tubes need replaced. Neither of the brakes work either. How do I determine if I just need to replace the brake cables, or should I just replace the entire brakes.

Is this possible to do for about $50 on my own?
in what way do the brakes not work? when you press the brake levers, does the cable cause the pads on the wheels to compress onto the rims? are the pads visibly worn?

you had to replace your wheels? or just the innertubes?
Front brakes, lever pulled nothing happens, looks like one of the cables broke. Back brakes, pull the lever and the pads don't move.

Innertubes definitely need replaced. I think the tires do too because they look deformed from sitting in the same spot for 4 years. I'll take some pics.
might just need to tighten the cables. make sure to send close up pics of the pads.
Front brakes. Torn cable shown on left side of picture. Part I'm holding just fell off.

Rear brakes are just closed shut.

Tire. Does this need replaced or just the innertube?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure those brakes are fixable but admittedly I haven't spend 10 seconds trying to figure it out.

urbanhack said:
shuke said:
El Floppo said:
shuke said:

I have a Cannondale that I bought at a garage sale 8 years ago and I haven't ridden in about 4 years. Pulled it out of the garage the other day because I need some type of exercise.

Both wheels/tubes need replaced. Neither of the brakes work either. How do I determine if I just need to replace the brake cables, or should I just replace the entire brakes.

in what way do the brakes not work? when you press the brake levers, does the cable cause the pads on the wheels to compress onto the rims? are the pads visibly worn?

Front brakes, lever pulled nothing happens, looks like one of the cables broke. Back brakes, pull the lever and the pads don't move.

Innertubes definitely need replaced. I think the tires do too because they look deformed from sitting in the same spot for 4 years. I'll take some pics.
might just need to tighten the cables. make sure to send close up pics of the pads.
Front brakes. Torn cable shown on left side of picture. Part I'm holding just fell off.
Stick to the bike on the left with the pink pedals.

urbanhack said:
shuke said:
El Floppo said:
shuke said:

unless there's some length to work with, looks like the frayed bit makes your cable replaceable.

can't tell about the front brake pads- from the pic they don't look worn down, but hard to tell.

rear brakes... can't tell from pic. sounds like they're frozen- not cable issue, but just full of crud/rust and not opening. try to gently/forcefully jimmy them open. make sure the brake cable is are loose first

tire- can't tell. I'd say to ride it and if it's really wonky/wobby or you flat again on teh new tube, replace the tire.

but given the years of non-use, if you're serious about riding it semi-regularly, I'd take it to a local bike shop for a tuneup. IIRC, costs about 40 bucks. If it was in front of me, I'd brush off my own 10 years of rust and do it myself.

eta: missed that that bit "fell off". duct tape or crazy glue should work.

Last edited by a moderator:
urbanhack said:
shuke said:
El Floppo said:
shuke said:

unless there's some length to work with, looks like the frayed bit makes your cable replaceable.

can't tell about the front brake pads- from the pic they don't look worn down, but hard to tell.

rear brakes... can't tell from pic. sounds like they're frozen- not cable issue, but just full of crud/rust and not opening. try to gently/forcefully jimmy them open. make sure the brake cable is are loose first

tire- can't tell. I'd say to ride it and if it's really wonky/wobby or you flat again on teh new tube, replace the tire.

but given the years of non-use, if you're serious about riding it semi-regularly, I'd take it to a local bike shop for a tuneup. IIRC, costs about 40 bucks. If it was in front of me, I'd brush off my own 10 years of rust and do it myself.

eta: missed that that bit "fell off". duct tape or crazy glue should work.
How do I know what cable I need? I guess just take this one off and measure the length and diameter?

Not sure about duct taping the "bit", whatever that is.

Users who are viewing this thread