What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (16 Viewers)

Woke up at 7am to help my brother pickup and install a swing set, was was drunk by 1pm today. Took a nap at my parents and my mom had burgers and wings ready for me when I woke up. Got drunk again.

Decided I'm not going to #### with fixing my bike. Just going to buy a new one. Fat as #### and I need to do something.

Starting a new job tonight. Pretty excited about the long term career potential. Early going is going to be a bit rough though as I learn on the fly. Add in that I've been a stay-at-home dad for the last 6 years and that my hours on this particular contract are from 9pm-7am with a 1.5 hour drive each way and the next couple of weeks could be rough. But it will be nice to be in a job that I think is a good fit for me and has nice long term growth potential. Also, the making money thing. That will be nice as well.

Notorious T.R.E. said:
shuke said:
Idiot Boxer said:
Who is "Unwrittenlaw"?
You got that, too? Thought it was just "PM shuke" shtick.
Me too. I thought it was you doing the reverse PM shuke shtick.
I got it too. I don't feel so special now.
Notorious T.R.E. said:
shuke said:
Idiot Boxer said:
Who is "Unwrittenlaw"?
You got that, too? Thought it was just "PM shuke" shtick.
Me too. I thought it was you doing the reverse PM shuke shtick.
I got it too. I don't feel so special now.
me too.

shuke said:
Decided I'm not going to #### with fixing my bike. Just going to buy a new one. Fat as #### and I need to do something.
I spent $350ish on a new bike a few years ago. Got a Fuji Absolute 3.0. Local store gives me free lifetime tuneups. Hadn't owned a bike since middle school and I have absolutely zero regrets with this one. Well, my only regret is I don't use it enough, but every so often, I take it to work and love it.

Annyong said:
I'm hungover and my body is mad at me for eating like #### all weekend.
Some serious self abuse this weekend. From 5 PM Friday, until 1:30 AM Monday, there was maybe 4 waking hours that didn't involve the consumption of alcohol.

Somehow, someway only gained about 1.5 pounds

hours on this particular contract are from 9pm-7am
What kind of job is this?

Congrats.
It's with a company that does hazardous materials work. The company does site surveys to find the materials and then oversees the contractors that remove it.
I work with this industry on every project- seems like a good business, as long as you're not doing the removal.

congrats on the new job :thumbup:

how old are the kids? (while I typed that, I just imagined your response being "late-20s")

shuke said:
I spent $350ish on a new bike a few years ago. Got a Fuji Absolute 3.0. Local store gives me free lifetime tuneups. Hadn't owned a bike since middle school and I have absolutely zero regrets with this one. Well, my only regret is I don't use it enough, but every so often, I take it to work and love it.
My first 10 speed was a beautiful magenta colored Fuji. I spent $120 on it back in 1973. That represented a lot of lawn mowing and snow shoveling. I loved that bike. It was on that bike that I realized that distances of 20 to 70 miles were very makeable on a bike. Some low life rat ******* stole it in 1977 out of my parent's garage and I then went with a Motobecane. That bike was stolen in 1980. I had one of those Kryptonite locks. The thief cut the bike rack to get it instead of cutting the lock. I was stunned, particularly because I had the front tire with me at the time. I have been riding Treks since then, the Burke family who makes them being family friends I have gotten good deals.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know you guys were wondering...CSUB qualified for the NCAA baseball tournament Sunday by beating Seattle U. I'll keep you guys updated.
I was watching the selection show yesterday, because I'm a gigantic nerd, and thought of you when I saw their selection. Also, took a #### while you were on my mind.
Love the CWS. I was watching the Softball World Series over the weekend :bag:

Users who are viewing this thread