What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (15 Viewers)

I'm down with SLC Punk.

Orlando is the correct answer though
Anything in Florida is pretty terrible. I think I like the Gulf Coast some, and maybe Tampa, but the rest of that state is horrendous. I mean people from Michigan and Maryland talk about it like it is Shangri-La; it's a humid, bug-infested, crazy person ####hole. It's like Fresno exploded in a 65k land area. I like the manatees and the gators, but you can keep the rest of it.
My uncle - who has more money than God - bought a winter house in Naples when he retired. He'd spend summers in Maryland and the rest of the year in Florida. Big into golf and fishing. About a year ago, he sold both places and bought a house in.............Ocala? WTF? I haven't been everywhere in the US, but I've been alottawheres and that is the ugliest geography I've come across to date (not to mention the redneck-to-normal-person ratio being astounding).

"Let's see......I wanna retire in FLA......... BUT not near its only redeeming geographical feature (the water) AND in the northern end where winter can be felt".

Aaron Rudnicki said:
Great snowboarding in Utah like 15 minutes from downtown.

Orlando has Disney. #### that noise.
Never have I walked into a place so full of cynicism and came out completely impressed with my experience. Those people either know what they're doing, or are spiking the water with Xanax

However, my SIL and husband have the same mentality as you do. They can't even stand the idea of the place

They had their kids (2 girls) convinced Disneyland didn't exist for years. I think it got to the point that they figured out Santa Claus wasn't real before they knew that place was.

Oh, I don't mind the idea of visiting Disney once in awhile. But no interest in living near that tourist mecca. City itself has also very little to offer from what I know.

Didn't 5-ish move recently move to Reno because it was an upgrade on Orlando? Yeah. Not even fair to compare that to good solid cities like Milwaukee and Cleveland. I'll take the mountains in Salt Lake over boring flat Indianapolis.

What about others that went unmentioned? Sacramento? San Antonio? Memphis (GM's favorite crime center)?

Are weird Mormons really that bad? They mostly seem nice except for some of the ones in Big Love.

Oh, I don't mind the idea of visiting Disney once in awhile. But no interest in living near that tourist mecca. City itself has also very little to offer from what I know.

Didn't 5-ish move recently move to Reno because it was an upgrade on Orlando? Yeah. Not even fair to compare that to good solid cities like Milwaukee and Cleveland. I'll take the mountains in Salt Lake over boring flat Indianapolis.

What about others that went unmentioned? Sacramento? San Antonio? Memphis (GM's favorite crime center)?

Are weird Mormons really that bad? They mostly seem nice except for some of the ones in Big Love.
Ding ding...I think we have a winner

Aaron Rudnicki said:
I'm down with SLC Punk.

Anything in Florida is pretty terrible. I think I like the Gulf Coast some, and maybe Tampa, but the rest of that state is horrendous. I mean people from Michigan and Maryland talk about it like it is Shangri-La; it's a humid, bug-infested, crazy person ####hole. It's like Fresno exploded in a 65k land area. I like the manatees and the gators, but you can keep the rest of it.
My uncle - who has more money than God - bought a winter house in Naples when he retired. He'd spend summers in Maryland and the rest of the year in Florida. Big into golf and fishing. About a year ago, he sold both places and bought a house in.............Ocala? WTF? I haven't been everywhere in the US, but I've been alottawheres and that is the ugliest geography I've come across to date (not to mention the redneck-to-normal-person ratio being astounding).

"Let's see......I wanna retire in FLA......... BUT not near its only redeeming geographical feature (the water) AND in the northern end where winter can be felt".
That is wacky. Yeah, it is in Florida but Naples is really nice.

Ocala? That is beyond WTF.

Memphis has good food, night life and hot women. Could live there, just stay out of West Memphis, Ark. :oldunsure:

San Antonio doesn't do much for me. There's the River Walk and then a whole lot of urban sprawl. Prefer Dallas and Houston to SA for NBA cities.

Sacramento sucks, but is getting better with more money flowing in and it's close to cool cities and things to do outdoors.

Never been to Orlando, but it has to be better than OKC.

Memphis has good food, night life and hot women. Could live there, just stay out of West Memphis, Ark. :oldunsure:

San Antonio doesn't do much for me. There's the River Walk and then a whole lot of urban sprawl. Prefer Dallas and Houston to SA for NBA cities.

Sacramento sucks, but is getting better with more money flowing in and it's close to cool cities and things to do outdoors.

30 minutes east of Sacramento things get really cool. I could live there.

San Antonio kinda sucks, but not in an extraordinary way.

I think OKC, Memphis and Orlando would be my bottom three.

Aaron Rudnicki said:
I'm down with SLC Punk.

My wife's ex-inlaws (i.e., her kids' grandparents) bought a place in Okeechobee a couple years ago, and of course we're welcome to visit. So we once over Christmas break. ####-all to do in Okeechobee, in case you're wondering.

Aaron Rudnicki said:
I'm down with SLC Punk.

My uncle - who has more money than God - bought a winter house in Naples when he retired. He'd spend summers in Maryland and the rest of the year in Florida. Big into golf and fishing. About a year ago, he sold both places and bought a house in.............Ocala? WTF? I haven't been everywhere in the US, but I've been alottawheres and that is the ugliest geography I've come across to date (not to mention the redneck-to-normal-person ratio being astounding)."Let's see......I wanna retire in FLA......... BUT not near its only redeeming geographical feature (the water) AND in the northern end where winter can be felt".
My wife's ex-inlaws (i.e., her kids' grandparents) bought a place in Okeechobee a couple years ago, and of course we're welcome to visit. So we once over Christmas break. ####-all to do in Okeechobee, in case you're wondering.
Maybe contact Roland Martin and go catch delicious bass?

Anyways, from June to Oct I'll be working about 13 days in a row for 3-4 months. Afterwards in going to want a vacation. I apparently HAVE to take my family. Looking for someplace warm, preferably in the U.S. Around Oct-Dec area.

I'm thinking something like the Keys since it should be warm enough to beach and get day drunk, but I've been to FL about 20 times in my 31 years of life.

Users who are viewing this thread