What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (16 Viewers)

Look, we survived minivan chat, apple chat, scarf chat, pizza topping chat, pizza oven chat, cat chat, scat chat, scout chat and scores of chat that everybody whined about and nobody found interesting, yet helped propel GMTAN to the largest, greatest thread in FBG history. We will survive this.

We survived the loss of loved ones, the end of relationships, the heartbreak of parenting, the genocide of poultry, the jailing of the innocent, sober Febuarys (plural), countless moves, job loss, Imp implosions, rigged squares contests, several SNOWMAGEDDONS!!!!111juan, Astros baseball, 80% of 10% of us contracting STDs and we survived the revelation that Kev's hair is neither magical nor from outerspace. We will survive this.

We have endured despite the complaints over the evolution of the thread and the many directions the thread has forked over the years. We have battled and won against the board's worst trolls who tried with all their trollish might to derail our community - our family - and failed, leaving with their tails tucked behind their trollish legs, which on their best day make Fuller's look like Lindsey Vonn's. We have fought and reconciled countless times and are far stronger because of it. We will survive this.

So bring to me your cabbage chat, your coffee chat, your office SUPPLIES!!! chat. Lay your cell phone chat upon me, I am your ears and your eyes. Bring me your yardwork chat, astrology chat and chat about your gout. That is why we here. Tell me about Destiney, Knuckles, 23 year old sex starved co workers and Sin. Share your best Gusterian works of literature about your adventures in kayaking, hiking trips to Vegas and how you spent the weekend shopping for mattresses for your Ukrainian ex-lover. This thread is about nothing and everything and I vow to read it all, even the posts by Cosjobs that he makes on his phone after 2am that cause brain bleeding. I will click on every stupid cat gif by Tanner, read every HOA meeting recap by K4 (with a General Murmer of Agreement, natch), continue to side with Frosty in the "Tre is the meanest mean ever" feuds, giggle every time Mr. Pack quotes a post from six weeks ago, envy Bentley's life, marvel at Sacamno's recaps, pretend to care about SLB's local radio podcasts that I have no idea what is going on, root for UH to keep kicking cancer in the balls, encourage YRS to keep drinking and reproducing, hope bostonfred continues to interpret dreams with Freudian fanaticism and pray that Shuke keeps making videos in the room of his house dedicated to creepy dolls. I will periodically wear my hat on backwards (even though Hat has been rather dickish to me), think of Ninja the few times I ride a bike and Hack whenever I drink a beer that tastes like pine needles. Every time I pass a piece of puzzling artwork I don't understand I'll think of Annoyong. I'll think of Bogie when I hear Boogie, Heckman when I play Hangman and Disco Stu every time the Dos Equis commercial is on TV. Why? BECAUSE WE ARE FAMILY. And no board upgrade nor jealous, power happy moderator is going to kill what we do best: Survive and thrive, baby, like Stryker landing a plane against all odds.

Kill me again when we reach 5000 pages and more page views than Pickle's has advanced degrees and we'll rise from the ashes yet again. We rock AND we roll. And if I left anybody out above, please accept my El Floppo Limp Ditka on having a brain like an Idiot Boxer. Like in-season fantasy football trades, it is too tedious to remember all the valuable posters who made GMTAN 1.0 the thread with the most Tremendous Upside in the history of magic football message board lore.
:kicksrock:
Ice bags, small penis.

Kill me again when we reach 5000 pages and more page views than Pickle's has advanced degrees and we'll rise from the ashes yet again. We rock AND we roll. And if I left anybody out above, please accept my El Floppo Limp Ditka on having a brain like an Idiot Boxer. Like in-season fantasy football trades, it is too tedious to remember all the valuable posters who made GMTAN 1.0 the thread with the most Tremendous Upside in the history of magic football message board lore.
come on....re-read the bolded.

TU's obit thread got bumped, and out of the blue I remembered my friend Bruce who sounds very similar to TU... and also passed away long ago, within a year of getting married in his very early 30s. This was a larger than life type of guy who was capable of befriending anybody at the drop of a hat- in a meaningful way. You hear a group of people laughing, Bruce was always the instigator and in the middle of it.

Tried to look him up- and he has zero i-presence. Don't know why that hit me hard, but it did. Leukemia took him less than a week after his diagnosis. Went to the ER with what he thought was food-poisoning.... dammit.

Blazers rep wants to know why we haven't jumped at the chance to renew our season tickets...I told her it was the decision to do away with all the free Mike & Ikes. Actually true.
Sometimes I get reminded why I'm so blessed to live near Chicago and get to see Jay Cutler play every week and glad I dont have to watch the Blazers.

I was almost certain they weren't a real team anymore.

Blazers rep wants to know why we haven't jumped at the chance to renew our season tickets...I told her it was the decision to do away with all the free Mike & Ikes. Actually true.
Sometimes I get reminded why I'm so blessed to live near Chicago and get to see Jay Cutler play every week and glad I dont have to watch the Blazers. I was almost certain they weren't a real team anymore.
Keep playing like have since the all-star break and they won't be a real team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Look, we survived minivan chat, apple chat, scarf chat, pizza topping chat, pizza oven chat, cat chat, scat chat, scout chat and scores of chat that everybody whined about and nobody found interesting, yet helped propel GMTAN to the largest, greatest thread in FBG history. We will survive this.

We survived the loss of loved ones, the end of relationships, the heartbreak of parenting, the genocide of poultry, the jailing of the innocent, sober Febuarys (plural), countless moves, job loss, Imp implosions, rigged squares contests, several SNOWMAGEDDONS!!!!111juan, Astros baseball, 80% of 10% of us contracting STDs and we survived the revelation that Kev's hair is neither magical nor from outerspace. We will survive this.

We have endured despite the complaints over the evolution of the thread and the many directions the thread has forked over the years. We have battled and won against the board's worst trolls who tried with all their trollish might to derail our community - our family - and failed, leaving with their tails tucked behind their trollish legs, which on their best day make Fuller's look like Lindsey Vonn's. We have fought and reconciled countless times and are far stronger because of it. We will survive this.

So bring to me your cabbage chat, your coffee chat, your office SUPPLIES!!! chat. Lay your cell phone chat upon me, I am your ears and your eyes. Bring me your yardwork chat, astrology chat and chat about your gout. That is why we here. Tell me about Destiney, Knuckles, 23 year old sex starved co workers and Sin. Share your best Gusterian works of literature about your adventures in kayaking, hiking trips to Vegas and how you spent the weekend shopping for mattresses for your Ukrainian ex-lover. This thread is about nothing and everything and I vow to read it all, even the posts by Cosjobs that he makes on his phone after 2am that cause brain bleeding. I will click on every stupid cat gif by Tanner, read every HOA meeting recap by K4 (with a General Murmer of Agreement, natch), continue to side with Frosty in the "Tre is the meanest mean ever" feuds, giggle every time Mr. Pack quotes a post from six weeks ago, envy Bentley's life, marvel at Sacamno's recaps, pretend to care about SLB's local radio podcasts that I have no idea what is going on, root for UH to keep kicking cancer in the balls, encourage YRS to keep drinking and reproducing, hope bostonfred continues to interpret dreams with Freudian fanaticism and pray that Shuke keeps making videos in the room of his house dedicated to creepy dolls. I will periodically wear my hat on backwards (even though Hat has been rather dickish to me), think of Ninja the few times I ride a bike and Hack whenever I drink a beer that tastes like pine needles. Every time I pass a piece of puzzling artwork I don't understand I'll think of Annoyong. I'll think of Bogie when I hear Boogie, Heckman when I play Hangman and Disco Stu every time the Dos Equis commercial is on TV. Why? BECAUSE WE ARE FAMILY. And no board upgrade nor jealous, power happy moderator is going to kill what we do best: Survive and thrive, baby, like Stryker landing a plane against all odds.

Can I madlibs this to my own version for the Wagering thread?

Can I madlibs this to my own version for the Wagering thread?
I would be more than honored good sir.

good posting

TU's obit thread got bumped, and out of the blue I remembered my friend Bruce who sounds very similar to TU... and also passed away long ago, within a year of getting married in his very early 30s. This was a larger than life type of guy who was capable of befriending anybody at the drop of a hat- in a meaningful way. You hear a group of people laughing, Bruce was always the instigator and in the middle of it.

Tried to look him up- and he has zero i-presence. Don't know why that hit me hard, but it did. Leukemia took him less than a week after his diagnosis. Went to the ER with what he thought was food-poisoning.... dammit.
it's kind of freaking me out... I can't find him at all with Google. he died after the advent of the internet, around 2000- can't even find his obit.

his dad was even somewhat famous- no mention of Bruce on dad's wiki page- dad survived by... only the living. :(

good posting
Scarf chat down, Scarfie?

And I would have opened up the old thread to read EVERY poster who contributed to GMTAN as I was promised it was still available for reading, but alas....more lies. Going off my memory is like relying on Homer to be our designated driver.

And I would have opened up the old thread to read EVERY poster who contributed to GMTAN as I was promised it was still available for reading, but alas....more lies. Going off my memory is like relying on Homer to be our designated driver.
Whatever, I'm the designated driver all the time. :shrug:

Oh wait...you mean a sober one? Nevermind.

Aaron Rudnicki said:
bryhamm said:
Sorry, we couldn't find that!

[#103139]

You do not have permission to view this forum.
They were closed down temporarily as they were apparently still causing issues with the board.

I'm an admin and I can't even see that forum right now.
LOOK AT ME I HAVE SOOPER ADMIN POWERS AND EVEN I CAN'T TELL WTF IS GOING ON HERE

AA>although the withdrawal of the Kristas from Vegashole is a keenly felt blow, we would love to have you there. You still available first weekend in April? We'll pour out a 40 and buy a condo in her memory.

Relax, nerd.

This is exactly what I pictured while reading this. Right down to Joe standing in the background and the music as they filed out.

This place is like Hitler
As long as it isn't worse than, I'm ok with this
Well, the Nazis made the trains run on time. They certainly wouldn't be offline intermittently for days.

:oldunsure:

I'll see myself out.

:o my link

Trying to help my wife deal with crippling depression is the hardest thing I've ever done. It's like trying to paddle a boat with a tennis racket. Everything you say and do can make all the sense in the world and seem like it should make a difference, but you end up exhausted, frustrated and in the same spot while the boat keeps sinking.
As someone who was recently on the other side of this, everything you do helps, even if it doesn't produce immediate results.There were days when my wife would single handendly keep my head above water all while I looked like I was flailing down.

Its hard, but she can make it through. I'm assuming she's on medication. If not, get that taken care of ASAP.
She's actually transitioning from one medication that the doctor said wasn't working anymore (clearly) to Lexapro. The doctor said the transition would be hard and it definitely has been. She's starting to see a therapist tonight. I'm hoping they start to make a difference soon because right now she has given up. She's lost all hope. It's totally heartbreaking to see.
Wow, an actual meaningful post. I'm on Lexapro myself for depression. I've been on several medications over the years and it's the best one I've found yet. Good luck to your wife, and to you for having to deal with her.ETA: there are sexual side effects to it. In my case it was delayed orgasm which, ahem, didn't create a problem in my life. I consider it a benefit. Your wife, though, may not be of the same mindset.
Yeah, our doctor seems to think Lexapro is great.

As for the second part, insert something about dividing by zero or some such here.

Relax, nerd.
Changed my mind. Siding with Tre.

Users who are viewing this thread