Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
General Malaise

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing

Dunno where the SOA thread is, so putting this here for Tanner:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/fxs-bastard-executioner-cast-includes-777422

Was going to post that earlier. Such a great setup for a magnificent trainwreck.

The whole description of Katey Segal's character has about 10 separate laughs in it.

• Like 1

Dunno where the SOA thread is, so putting this here for Tanner:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/fxs-bastard-executioner-cast-includes-777422

Was going to post that earlier. Such a great setup for a magnificent trainwreck.

The whole description of Katey Segal's character has about 10 separate laughs in it.

Did it include the phrase "...plague ravaged face and breasts..."?

• Like 1

You shut yur ####in whore mouth. The good lord is just testing this chosen team and its fan base and we'll wait another 6,000 years till the erth is twice as old.

• Like 2

Oranger is the new Orange

By the end of the century that helmet will be neon.

• Like 1

Could you stop with the Saul thread ...k thanks

wat

Nobody knows!

An error occurred

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

I liked it for you.

• Like 1

Could you stop with the Saul thread ...k thanks

wat

COULD YOU STOP WITH YOUR SCHTICK IN THE SAUL THREAD...K THANKS
  • Like 1

The only reason I don't like that Piece place is because I've seen pictures of Rick Nielson eating there

He's the co-owner. :shrug:

Thought I saw something about that in the past, but my google search abilities failed me when looking for it today.

Never eating there again

Its all right now

i learned my lesson will

you see you can please everyone

so you've got to please yourself

• Like 1

Wait, wait, wait.

Whose obit thread are you talking about on here?

Tremendous Upside.

Holy crap. That's absolutely awful. He always seemed like the nicest guy.

I think it was in about 2007 that I got his name in the FFA Secret Santa exchange. I remembered that he liked rum, or maybe Koya told me, but I got him a bottle of rum for Xmas. He was so appreciative and nice about it. Just like he always was on the forum.

####

• Like 1

Morning folks. Tile has finally been installed in the office. http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d151/osaurus/A7D388F6-AEC9-44D0-95DA-FB99E0F13BA6_zpsh11kigui.jpg. Here is a closeup of the grout line along one baseboard as requested. http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d151/osaurus/4AD33E82-9B38-4934-B79A-9C24799994FD_zpsnpx9wjas.jpg. Need to touch up baseboards, but overall it looks pretty good.

• Like 3

Nice. That's why I thought you would paint after.

be warned that grout line may crack

Yup. Touch up is no big deal.

• Like 1

I use the citibike (bikesharing) to get to and from work. In the last year, I've intentionally toned down the aggression on the road- making room for people going the wrong way, or pedestrians jay-walking, etc.

In the last month I've gotten into two accidents (the first since I used to ride a ton- over 10 years ago). old dude got out of a cab before the meter had even stopped (which makes the cab's lights flash) and doored me. wasn't bad- he was very apologetic and we all stuck around for an unneeded police report.

today- skateboarder is going the wrong way but is forcing me out of the bikelane into traffic- we collide. I got thrown over the handlebars, ripping my last parka (expensive, too), and jamming up my shoulder. he takes off. I'm running after- down the middle of 6th Ave at rushhour the wrong-way- screaming obscenities. He tries to plow through pedestrians at a crosswalk and gets knocked over, allowing me to catch him. I beat the everloving #### out of him right there in the intersection of 6th Ave and 38th St... in my mind. In reality, he gets up and starts running- leaving me with a last ditch attempt to kick his leg and trip him... but he doesn't go down and takes off on his board.

a cop is right there, but nothing I or he can do as the ####er is gone into the city. cop was very nice- gave me a ride to the office (after first stopping off to park the citibike- some strangers had seen what happened, picked up the bike out of the street and waited with it for me... NYers can be pretty great). now I'm riding it out to see if I need to go to the ER.

my shoulder ####### hurts. my expensive coat is ripped. And... I'm as the archi-people say "en charrette"- huge deadline with lots of late nights coming up. not sure if I'll even be able to use my right arm. FML.

I'm going back to riding more aggressively. #### everyone else.

• Like 1

I just found out that I am the only one of my group of local friends who does not own a gun.

I realize this is North Carolina and not Vermont. But it isn't Texas either.

Is it unusual to NOT own a gun in this day and age?

• Like 1

Nice. That's why I thought you would paint after.

be warned that grout line may crack

Yup. Touch up is no big deal.

looks sharp. you could always put 1/4 round in front of the baseboard to cover the grout if needed.

• Like 1

I just found out that I am the only one of my group of local friends who does not own a gun.

In North Carolina? Probably.

I don't own a gun.

Edited by RedmondLonghorn
  • Like 1

I use the citibike (bikesharing) to get to and from work. In the last year, I've intentionally toned down the aggression on the road- making room for people going the wrong way, or pedestrians jay-walking, etc.

In the last month I've gotten into two accidents (the first since I used to ride a ton- over 10 years ago). old dude got out of a cab before the meter had even stopped (which makes the cab's lights flash) and doored me. wasn't bad- he was very apologetic and we all stuck around for an unneeded police report.

today- skateboarder is going the wrong way but is forcing me out of the bikelane into traffic- we collide. I got thrown over the handlebars, ripping my last parka (expensive, too), and jamming up my shoulder. he takes off. I'm running after- down the middle of 6th Ave at rushhour the wrong-way- screaming obscenities. He tries to plow through pedestrians at a crosswalk and gets knocked over, allowing me to catch him. I beat the everloving #### out of him right there in the intersection of 6th Ave and 38th St... in my mind. In reality, he gets up and starts running- leaving me with a last ditch attempt to kick his leg and trip him... but he doesn't go down and takes off on his board.

a cop is right there, but nothing I or he can do as the ####er is gone into the city. cop was very nice- gave me a ride to the office (after first stopping off to park the citibike- some strangers had seen what happened, picked up the bike out of the street and waited with it for me... NYers can be pretty great). now I'm riding it out to see if I need to go to the ER.

my shoulder ####### hurts. my expensive coat is ripped. And... I'm as the archi-people say "en charrette"- huge deadline with lots of late nights coming up. not sure if I'll even be able to use my right arm. FML.

Now you can finally use that scarf, in a practical manner, and sling up that arm of yours.

• Like 1

tons of guns in Vermont, GB

http://watchdog.org/135048/guns-vermont/

• Like 1

Oregon?

• Like 1

Now you can finally use that scarf, in a practical manner, and sling up that arm of yours.

I picked today to wear a shorter scarf.

that was a freaking great idea though.

• Like 1

Get better, GBEF

thanks, gb.

is it wrong that I'm more pissed about a ripped coat than a banged up shoulder? I can grit my way through the pain- but I don't really have the money to put into a new coat. unless I pick one of the kids to avoid feeding this month. say...

• Like 1

Oregon?

I'm guessing tons of guns in Oregon outside of Portland.

Maybe Hawaii?

• Like 1

Couldn't you have stopped the bike if he was coming right at you?

Or, like, take the subway or sumfin?

I tried to keep it short- when I first saw him, he wasn't int he bike lane- but then he came out from behind a car and headed at my full speed instead of waiting for me to pass- I had fully expected him to stop or stay out of the way- happened very quick.

• Like 1

Damn. Sorry to hear. Get some ice on it right away.

Don't let this change your style. Riding more aggressively is only going to put you at more risk or get you into an altercation where you have no idea how crazy the other person might be. I know it's hard, but you have to let it go.

• Like 1

Oregon?

I'm guessing tons of guns in Oregon outside of Portland.

Maybe Hawaii?

Best examples would probably be:

Hawaii

Cook County, Illinois

New Jersey

New York

Washington DC

• Like 1

Damn. Sorry to hear. Get some ice on it right away.

Don't let this change your style. Riding more aggressively is only going to put you at more risk or get you into an altercation where you have no idea how crazy the other person might be. I know it's hard, but you have to let it go.

thanks- you're totally right. I iced and advilled up as soon as I got to the office.

re: the bolded... funny- when Frozen came out, I actually took that damned song (which my 3yo was of course listening to non-stop) to heart on the bike- would use it as a mantra to ease back the aggro. and it actually worked. a lifetime of needing to go fast and feeling set-upon by people inconveniencing me however slightly by "breaking the rules" was washed away... mostly... by that ####### song.

• Like 1

What's your address again?

• Like 1

Given my locale, it will probably come as no surprise there are only 2 of us in my group of friends who do not have gunS, and we might be the last 2 in the state.

• Like 1

What's your address again?

So the reason I found this out is that one of my friends is neighbors with a news broadcaster. She was doing a story on gun ownership and wanted to interview a gun owner and someone who did not own a gun to hear each person's rationale. I politely declined saying that while I felt pretty secure with my home alarm system, ferocious dog and insurance policy, I had no desire to advertise that my home was gun free on local television.

• Like 1

Couldn't you have stopped the bike if he was coming right at you?

Or, like, take the subway or sumfin?

I tried to keep it short- when I first saw him, he wasn't int he bike lane- but then he came out from behind a car and headed at my full speed instead of waiting for me to pass- I had fully expected him to stop or stay out of the way- happened very quick.

Yeah, because this extra sentence would have made that story wayyy too long.

• Like 1

Given my locale, it will probably come as no surprise there are only 2 of us in my group of friends who do not have gunS, and we might be the last 2 in the state.

Hrm.

Highest percentage of gun ownership by county in the US is just under 60%. The highest gun ownership county in NC is one county over from me, topping out at just over 50%. Maybe I'm not too far from the norm.

Well...at least as gun ownership goes.

• Like 1

Hrm.

Highest percentage of gun ownership by county in the US is just under 60%. The highest gun ownership county in NC is one county over from me, topping out at just over 50%. Maybe I'm not too far from the norm.

Well...at least as gun ownership goes.

I live in one of the most conservative counties in the country and I'd guess no more than 50% own guns.

• Like 1

AA>although the withdrawal of the Kristas from Vegashole is a keenly felt blow, we would love to have you there. You still available first weekend in April? We'll pour out a 40 and buy a condo in her memory.

Thanks, man. I believe maybe so, yeah, at least on Thursday/Friday; may have to drive back to Los Angeles on Saturday night or something like that in case my family wants to do something for Easter. Is that Final Four weekend too? I don't think Duke has any real shot at making the Final Four this season so that's not a real issue.

WAIT what happened to Krista and Mr. K4??? Birthday conflicts?

• Like 1

Just noticed I didn't make the GM Manifesto of Rebirth

This is outrageous, what a penis, etc. It may be true that I have only lurked and not posted despite being around since Old Yeller, never really posted much until about 20 minutes before the board was downgraded, have met none of you, and have a tendency to disappear for months, but I think there was room for a vague nonspecific mention of me somewhere in the middle of footnote 14.

• Like 2

Look, we survived minivan chat, apple chat, scarf chat, pizza topping chat, pizza oven chat, cat chat, scat chat, scout chat and scores of chat that everybody whined about and nobody found interesting, yet helped propel GMTAN to the largest, greatest thread in FBG history. We will survive this.

We survived the loss of loved ones, the end of relationships, the heartbreak of parenting, the genocide of poultry, the jailing of the innocent, sober Febuarys (plural), countless moves, job loss, Imp implosions, rigged squares contests, several SNOWMAGEDDONS!!!!111juan, Astros baseball, 80% of 10% of us contracting STDs and we survived the revelation that Kev's hair is neither magical nor from outerspace. We will survive this.

We have endured despite the complaints over the evolution of the thread and the many directions the thread has forked over the years. We have battled and won against the board's worst trolls who tried with all their trollish might to derail our community - our family - and failed, leaving with their tails tucked behind their trollish legs, which on their best day make Fuller's look like Lindsey Vonn's. We have fought and reconciled countless times and are far stronger because of it. We will survive this.

So bring to me your cabbage chat, your coffee chat, your office SUPPLIES!!! chat. Lay your cell phone chat upon me, I am your ears and your eyes. Bring me your yardwork chat, astrology chat and chat about your gout. That is why we here. Tell me about Destiney, Knuckles, 23 year old sex starved co workers and Sin. Share your best Gusterian works of literature about your adventures in kayaking, hiking trips to Vegas and how you spent the weekend shopping for mattresses for your Ukrainian ex-lover. This thread is about nothing and everything and I vow to read it all, even the posts by Cosjobs that he makes on his phone after 2am that cause brain bleeding. I will click on every stupid cat gif by Tanner, read every HOA meeting recap by K4 (with a General Murmer of Agreement, natch), continue to side with Frosty in the "Tre is the meanest mean ever" feuds, giggle every time Mr. Pack quotes a post from six weeks ago, envy Bentley's life, marvel at Sacamno's recaps, pretend to care about SLB's local radio podcasts that I have no idea what is going on, root for UH to keep kicking cancer in the balls, encourage YRS to keep drinking and reproducing, hope bostonfred continues to interpret dreams with Freudian fanaticism and pray that Shuke keeps making videos in the room of his house dedicated to creepy dolls. I will periodically wear my hat on backwards (even though Hat has been rather dickish to me), think of Ninja the few times I ride a bike and Hack whenever I drink a beer that tastes like pine needles. Every time I pass a piece of puzzling artwork I don't understand I'll think of Annoyong. I'll think of Bogie when I hear Boogie, Heckman when I play Hangman and Disco Stu every time the Dos Equis commercial is on TV. Why? BECAUSE WE ARE FAMILY. And no board upgrade nor jealous, power happy moderator is going to kill what we do best: Survive and thrive, baby, like Stryker landing a plane against all odds.

Kill me again when we reach 5000 pages and more page views than Pickle's has advanced degrees and we'll rise from the ashes yet again. We rock AND we roll. And if I left anybody out above, please accept my El Floppo Limp Ditka on having a brain like an Idiot Boxer. Like in-season fantasy football trades, it is too tedious to remember all the valuable posters who made GMTAN 1.0 the thread with the most Tremendous Upside in the history of magic football message board lore.

Was told this came across as petulant and an attack on Joe Bryant and MF. Not my intent...was an attempt at humor. I honestly do not care about the board upgrades or decisions. I have 99 (coming in pairs) problems and magic football message board upgrades ain't one.

Viva LA GMTAN 2.0

• Like 1

This is outrageous, what a penis, etc. It may be true that I have only lurked and not posted despite being around since Old Yeller, never really posted much until about 20 minutes before the board was downgraded, have met none of you, and have a tendency to disappear for months, but I think there was room for a vague nonspecific mention of me somewhere in the middle of footnote 14.

pretty sure you were vaguely non-specifically mentioned, gb.

• Like 1

I'm going to edit it to take out all lines of petulance and add in mentions of my good I buddies my forlorn brain forgot. Stay tuned...

• Like 1

My eyelid is swollen and I look like Sloth from Goonies.

• Like 1