What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How frequently do you experience headaches? (1 Viewer)

Despyzer

Lousy Attention Whore
I had a conversation with a massage therapist, and I mentioned that I experience headaches frequently. When she asked how often I was getting them, I said about two or three times a week. She acted shocked and said that the average for adult Americans was three or four per year. I realize I experience them more frequently than most, but I didn't think it was that much more. How often do you get headaches?

I'm much closer to the average. Headaches are rare for me.

Now backaches on the other hand......

almost constantly in some state of headache. somehow, 20 yrs of slamming caustic chemicals against my sinus membranes appears to have created a problem.

I got a concussion about 15 years ago and ever since then I get headaches almost daily. Sometimes they are really harsh, but most of the time I can push it to the background and concentrate on whatever I am doing, especially with help from Aleve or another OTC painkiller.

I used to get them all the time. I could take a nap on the couch on a Sunday afternoon and wake up with a headache. I also used to have wax build up in my ears. Doctor told me last year I had an ear infection. I said but I'm not 7. Turns out my ears, particularly my right ear, doesn't drain properly and it builds up.

She put me on Allegra D and it was cleared up in a short amount of time. Now I only take it when my ears get a little waxy. I have not had a headache since early 2014.

Aside from hangovers, I really don't think I've had one since I had influenza a few years ago. Never experienced a headache like that before.

brohans i thought i had migraines for about twenty years honest so finally one time i was talking to a buddy of mine who is a doctor and he asked me what happened when i got a migraine so i told him first i got blurry periperal vision and then a headache that eventually made my stomach hurt so he said if you get blurry vision go see and eye doctor so the next time i got a migraine with blurry vision i went in and they did pressure tests on my eyes and they were really high on my right eye like forty or so anyhow long story short it was a glaucoma deal and they did a lazer surgery to open up some pores to prevent pressure and bam since that time i have not had even one more migraine so hey if you are having a lot of headaches maybe think about seeing your eye doc and get check up for glaucoma i wish i had twenty years back take that to the bank bromigos

I get about two a month but only after sleeping in on weekends. Never during the week. Not sure what the link is, maybe as simple as the disruption is sleep pattern.

Wife use to get about four or 5 a month. Went to Dr, Dr said don't worry. About a year ago she suffered subarachnoid hemorrhage and then four strokes. If you have a history of aneurysms go to Dr and demand a contrast dye MRI and have them check your vessels.

We are still picking up the pieces.

I used to get migraines twice a week when I was a child. Bad ### shut the blinds, cold compress, don't speak, puke your guts out type of headaches. Torture. They suddenly went away as I grew older.

Good luck.

RedmondLonghorn said:
Copeman said:
I must be on my friggin death bed then. I get them almost daily, to some degree..
The Copenhagen doesn't help.

I dipped for 25+ years and finally quit this winter. Since doing so I get headaches less frequently and feel better in general.
Yeah, I'll deal with the headaches. I love me my Cope.

Pretty often for the last 35 years. Usually right in the eyeball and can feel it all the way through my skull. Had one recently for a week straight which is unusual. Had an MRI that came back clean so that was a relief. Always had a bad feeling something was going on up there.

Turns out there's nothing going on up there. (My ex would agree)

RedmondLonghorn said:
Copeman said:
I must be on my friggin death bed then. I get them almost daily, to some degree..
The Copenhagen doesn't help.

I dipped for 25+ years and finally quit this winter. Since doing so I get headaches less frequently and feel better in general.
Yeah, I'll deal with the headaches. I love me my Cope.
I understand. I "quit" a bunch of times before and it never stuck because I didn't really want to quit. Once I truly wanted to it was easy. Well, it wasn't easy, but it wasn't that hard.

According to the World Health Organization, 1 in 20 adults experiences a headache every day or nearly every day. This is called a headache disorder and is usually made up of mostly tension headaches, which affect about a third of men and about a half of women who live in developed countries.

Interestingly, the Mayo Clinic suggests that people who are experiencing chronic headaches may be experiencing increased pain, but they say there's actually a decent likelihood that a person's ability to handle pain may impaired (whether from heightened pain receptors or a failure to suppress pain signals).

I have one right now.

but I think that's because I was in a bike accident this morning.

normally, I only get them when I've got a fever/sick, or when I'm trying to kick coffee/withdrawals.

Caffeine can help.

And caffeine withdrawal can spur them if you normally consume quite a bit of it.
This.

I used to get headaches 3-4x a week back when I drank 3-4 diet cokes a day. Stopped drinking things with caffeine and haven't had more than 1-2 headaches a year for the past 15 years.

I used to get them all the time. I could take a nap on the couch on a Sunday afternoon and wake up with a headache. I also used to have wax build up in my ears. Doctor told me last year I had an ear infection. I said but I'm not 7. Turns out my ears, particularly my right ear, doesn't drain properly and it builds up.

She put me on Allegra D and it was cleared up in a short amount of time. Now I only take it when my ears get a little waxy. I have not had a headache since early 2014.
I figured out that dozing off on the couch gives me a headache, because I would fall asleep with my head on the end of the couch, and having my already somewhat stiff neck turned at that arc for x-number of minutes while napping would often result in a slight headache.  Sucks because I love conking out on the couch when feeling sleepy. 

When I get neck and back tightness, I get them frequently. Otherwise, rarely.
This sums up me lately. Pretty annoying. 

My main triggers are mainly weather related, extremes hot/cold and food.?Since Ive been been eating low carb high fat diet I’ve noticed less episodes

I get them a lot in the winter, but sleeping with a humidifier seems to be working in the short period I've been doing it.  I used to get them daily when I drank a lot of coffee.   It sucks for people that regularly get full blown migraines. I don't think I've ever had one of those.

Had them daily until I got glasses.  Realized the eyes were going a bit and straining to see a computer screen all day is a little hard on the head.

Probably once or twice a month to the point where I take an aspirin.  Airline travel often induces a headache.   Of course lack of sleep and overwork / too much PC screen time.

My headaches almost always start high up on the back of my neck and then move around to the front of my head and behind my eye. I keep meaning to track it, but I’m pretty sure they alternate; one time it’s on the left and the next time the right. They are manageable as long as I don’t let them progress too much. As long as I take drugs early or ice or massage, the pain doesn’t get too bad. If I don’t, they can be quite painful. I use a tennis ball a lot to massage the areas on my neck (or sometimes shoulders). I have a tennis ball that I keep in the car and at night when I sleep. 

I can pretty much always feel something in my neck/head and they probably turn into legit headaches a few times a week. 

Users who are viewing this thread