What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty and Redraft: David Johnson Saints (3 Viewers)

Man, in today's world of RB usage, I almost get nervous seeing how much DJ is involved in this offense. I had to go back and watch some old "LT-Chargers" games highlights to remember what it's like to feature a RB in all aspects of the game.

Boy, a 15 point night that easily could have been 25+ and that's with nothing quirky, nothing forced...just him in the flow of what they were doing. Nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess DJ injured his quad on the first series and played the entire game with it.

------------------------

http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and-events/article-2/Sideline-Not-An-Option-For-David-Johnson/91eee8ce-24f8-4b47-8b0e-0f610c4885b0

The Cardinals have dealt with enough injury issues at running back of late. When David Johnson suffered a quad contusion on the first possession against the Vikings on Thursday night, it hobbled him, but it wasn’t going to keep him out of the game.

It’s a good thing, too, because the rookie again performed well in his second career start in place of Chris Johnson and Andre Ellington.

Johnson finished with 19 carries for 92 yards and added five catches for 31 yards in the 23-20 victory. His longest catch was 14 yards and it was also the biggest, as the third-down conversion with the clock under two minutes set up the game-winning field goal.

“Everyone was saying they needed me, and I didn’t want to be the guy that let our team down,” Johnson said. “I knew it was on my shoulders.”

Johnson’s longest run of the night was 24 yards, which was originally ruled 26 and a touchdown before it was overturned on review.

While he averaged 4.8 yards per carry, Johnson wasn’t satisfied with the performance. He thought the type of running lanes the offensive line gave him should have resulted in better production.

“I was thinking too much (Thursday),” Johnson said. “I’ve just got to let the game come to me. I missed a few holes. Some of the plays I wish I could get back.”

Johnson rode the stationary bike on the Cardinals sideline in between offensive possessions and had to tap out of the game for a play after his final catch. He’s looking forward to the longer-than-usual break before next week’s “Sunday Night Football” matchup against the Eagles.

“I’m definitely going to get as healthy as I can,” Johnson said. “Cold tub, treatment, everything.”

Hopefully I pull out a win this week to make it to the championship but the future with Le'veon, DJ and Hopkins is looking very bright!

Cardinals asked about possibly resting starters if they clinch and a nice blurb on DJ from Cardinals GM.

Likes his 'deceptive speed' and 'receiving abilities'.

I didn't notice any designed pass plays to DJ last Thursday Night so hopefully they line him up wide and catch a favorable matchup.

Really need him now that Rawls is down so come on DJ.

------------------

http://blog.azcardinals.com/2015/12/14/keim-if-clinch-to-rest-or-not-to-rest/

Keim: If clinch, to rest or not to restPosted by Darren Urban on December 14, 2015 – 8:07 am

What will happen if and when the Cardinals lock up their playoff position — which, given the way they are playing and the way the Panthers are playing, could happen with the Cards still having regular-season games to play? General Manager Steve Keim said he and coach Bruce Arians would have discussions if that were to come to pass with the Cardinals. The fear, of course, is resting guys so much, Keim said on his appearance on the “Doug and Wolf” Show on Arizona Sports 98.7, that they are then not ready to play come playoff time.

(And don’t forget, you sit guys for Week 17 and then have a bye, then some key players will have not played a game for three weeks before a playoff game.)

We’ll see what happens. “I’m just happy to be in that position to have that conversation,” Keim said.

... — Keim admitted the Cardinals didn’t play all that well offensively against Minnesota. But he said he continues to be impressed by rookie running back David Johnson, especially for beyond what he does running the ball. Keim raved about Johnson’s receiving abilities, and also noted Johnson’s “deceptive speed.”

Matt Harmon likes DJ this week.

http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/story/0ap3000000604251/article/correlation-stacks-cement-the-top-week-15-dfs-plays

David Johnson - At this point, it's just ridiculous that David Johnson is still such a value. Perhaps it's because he has not had his true baser game yet, but we could be in the perfect spot for that in Week 15. The Eagles allowed the second-most fantasy points to running backs over the last four weeks, and the fourth-most receptions. I am absolutely obsessed with a value combination of Johnson and my 100 percent exposure player as a baseline to build DFS lineups on

The Jocs & Docs Show@jocsanddocs 2m2 minutes ago
#Cardinals David Johnson: mechanism very similar to Rob Gronkowski. Expecting similar injury

The Jocs & Docs Show@jocsanddocs 13m13 minutes ago
#Cardinals David Johnson: if knee is stable, a contusion is a simple pain tolerance issue. If PCL injured, may not return

he Jocs & Docs Show@jocsanddocs 13m13 minutes ago
#Cardinals David Johnson: wouldn't be surprised if he gets X Ray here. He is walking which is good sign for no fracture

The Jocs & Docs Show@jocsanddocs 14m14 minute
s ago
#Cardinals David Johnson: took a shot to the front of the knee there. Likely knee contusion +/- hyperextension injury

----------

Gif of the run.

----------

SB Nation NFL@SBNationNFL 10m10 minutes ago
David Johnson's touchdown might have been the best of the season http://www.sbnation.com/2015/12/20/10631680/david-johnson-touchdown-cardinals-eagles-best-mode

:wub: :wub:

Likely saving me from multiple bad decisions and poor performances today.

I'll take a few more touches--hopefully a couple of passes--then rest up for next week. I need you X 2!

Had a 40 point lead with my opponent sitting on David Johnson heading into the evening game and I felt reasonably good about it initially...I can't even be mad about this performance.

I think he's got me enough to move on so let's limit those carries.
I didn't really need much from him at all tonight but no way I win next week without him (thanks Ivory) so naturally I started throwing things when he got hit.

Best move I made being patient with this kid. Just carried me into the championship.
yeah he was sitting on the ww all year in my league. I was always tempted to add him but never did. Finally the highest scoring team in our league added him on a whim on nov 12. A few weeks later all the injuries happened and now he is destroying me. Its amazing how one what the heck move changes a season.

Amazing. My opponent this weekend held onto this guy all season, a product of my league having too many bench spots. Nonetheless, thanks to my 1st and 2nd rd draft picks laying an egg (Lacy and AJ Green), the DJ-Train derailed my run at an unprecedented 3rd consecutive title.

Had him hidden on the bench all season long. Love releasing the beast, lol! In my Dynasty, I couldn't be happier for a guy I grabbed in the 2nd Round! Expert scouting!

Had him hidden on the bench all season long. Love releasing the beast, lol! In my Dynasty, I couldn't be happier for a guy I grabbed in the 2nd Round! Expert scouting!
Gave my this years first round pick and second round pick for two second round picks and picked him and Ajayi, at the moment David Johnson is taking me to promised land...

expert scouting is what makes this game worth while! At the moment couldn't be happier :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread