What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty and Redraft: David Johnson Saints (3 Viewers)

As someone who owned Dj last year, I reluctantly picked him at 5 this year.  My only concern was his lack of track record and what if the staff wants to do more committee type stuff or whatever.  I grabbed cj as a handcuff late, but after week 1, I decided to drop him.  I am feeling pretty confident about him now as obviously az is a much better situation than stl.

Hopefully just tough love, but not something we DJ owners want to hear.

Bruce Arians is a hard man to please.

His Arizona Cardinals rolled for 416 yards and accounted for 33 points in a 40-7 rout of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and still he wasn't happy.

"Because we should have had 50, you know," the coach said in his Monday news conference.

"We left 100, 120 yards and two touchdowns just on mental errors by David Johnson."
http://www.foxsports.com/arizona/story/bruce-arians-criticizes-david-johnson-offense-despite-arizona-cardinals-scoring-40-091916

Man - Arians is hard to please indeed. I still imagine that CJ was in there on Sunday due to the blowout score, but hopefully this does not portend more use of CJ going forward at the expense of DJ.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I got into it today on twitter with a senior writer for some dynasty league website who said David Johnson still isn't good.

Laughable. Guess what site I won't be buying a subscription to....

With CJ2K gone to IR, how does the backup role shake out behind DJ?  Obviously Ellington is next man up but he is more of a scat back and not a between the tackles type of runner ... and he has a penchant for injury.  Stepfan Taylor seems like a body built to hit the pile and the recently re-signed Kerwynn Williams has plenty of experience playing with AZ.

How do you guys see this playing out?

1. David Johnson (obviously)

2. Ellington

3. Taylor

4. Williams

I'm interested in what people think because I will be grabbing either Taylor or Williams tonight off of waivers (Ellington not available).  Right now, I'm leaning Taylor.

Take this with a grain of salt, but I think Williams has shown some talent when given the opportunity.  I'd rather have him than Taylor, who to me hasn't shown anything.  Disclaimer: I am not a homer and have not watched every Cardinals snap.

Take this with a grain of salt, but I think Williams has shown some talent when given the opportunity.  I'd rather have him than Taylor, who to me hasn't shown anything.  Disclaimer: I am not a homer and have not watched every Cardinals snap.
I am a homer and pretty much agree, but really, if DJ goes down it's going to be such a mess that I'm not sure any of those guys will be worth holding.

Way too much overthinking in this thread. This guy is a pure stud in one of the best Offenses in the league.  You should be drooling over that, not making excuses or trying to pick nits.  

When I see posts like I am seeing from the naysayers in this thread, it only solidifies it more to me: it's just the majority who know they can't touch him in their leagues so they downplay it.  Not saying that to be snarky, just being honest.  I think we all do it.
Bumped for relevance.  Any player could get injured but outside that, the nits picked on DJ have been and still are just way too much and clouding the judgment.  

However, if I had to pick an insurance guy at this point, it would be Taylor.  He's a guy who can do everything, just not anything spectacular. But since Chris is injured, I'd say he is the next man up if needed.  I thought if Karlos williams was in good shape or the Cards wanted to make a trade, there might be better outside options, but given what they have, I can't trust ellington to do what Arians wants his RB to do any more than I can trust Ellington to remain healthy. 

Marshall Faulkish as well
He doesn't remind me if either of those backs. As good as he is he'll have a hard time duplicating Faulk's numbers......

He's bigger and seems stiffer to me than either of those backs. He's stronger and he can definitely get defenders off balance but he's more of a bruiser. Then you add elite hands and good route running. 

You aren't watching DJ if you think he is "stiff", that guy is fluid as hell
Yeah I didn't say he was stiff. Just not as fuild as the other two RB mentioned and I think I was one if the first ones in here in this DJ train. Thank you very much. I've watch more DJ than most. 

He doesn't remind me if either of those backs. As good as he is he'll have a hard time duplicating Faulk's numbers......

He's bigger and seems stiffer to me than either of those backs. He's stronger and he can definitely get defenders off balance but he's more of a bruiser. Then you add elite hands and good route running. 

Yeah I didn't say he was stiff. Just not as fuild as the other two RB mentioned and I think I was one if the first ones in here in this DJ train. Thank you very much. I've watch more DJ than most. 

Wow so he's stiffer than some of the most fuild RB to ever play the game and that makes him stiff? Wow tell me more Werd. I've missed you. 

Wow so he's stiffer than some of the most fuild RB to ever play the game and that makes him stiff? Wow tell me more Werd. I've missed you. 
You said it. Maybe try explaining your reasoning instead of denying it two posts later. 

We can all agree he's a bonafide stud. But stiff is the last adjective that comes to mind when describing his style of play. 

You said it. Maybe try explaining your reasoning instead of denying it two posts later. 

We can all agree he's a bonafide stud. But stiff is the last adjective that comes to mind when describing his style of play. 
Yeah your reading comprehension hasn't improved much has it. 

He just said he was stiffer than Faulk and Edge.  He's not saying he's stiff.  Moving on...

I have him on a couple teams including a one player keeper. In my other most important league I passed him up for Gurley. Man and I'm disgusted with myself for that. How is it DJ can do this with Stanton at QB and the same defense  (like pretty much all defenses) rendered Gurley useless?

Users who are viewing this thread