What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty and Redraft: David Johnson Saints (2 Viewers)

They’re a terrible defense. I’m not dismissing them. Just describing them. They play bad defense against the run & they’re worse against the pass. 

and as I’ve said - the only way I’m starting Edmonds is if DJ is out. I’ve got Carson, Singletary & Murray going. Only way Edmonds Cracks my lineup is DJ not playing.

my glasses are in no way “Edmonds” colored.
Eh it kinda looks that way. How you’re acting like the Cards are somehow above playing mind games against the lowly Giants even though they’re underdogs in the matchups. And your theory that maybe they simply forgot that they may only have one rb available for Sunday. Or in a different thread you’re saying how tough football players will play through some things but here you’re saying DJ owners should be concerned about a cross country flight. You’re biased. It is what it is. No biggie we’ve all been there.

Eh it kinda looks that way. How you’re acting like the Cards are somehow above playing mind games against the lowly Giants even though they’re underdogs in the matchups. And your theory that maybe they simply forgot that they may only have one rb available for Sunday. Or in a different thread you’re saying how tough football players will play through some things but here you’re saying DJ owners should be concerned about a cross country flight. You’re biased. It is what it is. No biggie we’ve all been there.
This is all taking place inside of your head.

unless you see me post it & can quote me, kindly don’t put words in my mouth. 

i have no bias whatsoever. You’re interpreting it that way because presumably you’re a David Johnson owner & are defensive about your player.

and that’s ok - I’d be worried too. 

good luck - I hope your player does well this weekend. I’ll be busy not watching a single second of the cardinals offense.

:yes:  

This is all taking place inside of your head.

unless you see me post it & can quote me, kindly don’t put words in my mouth. 

i have no bias whatsoever. You’re interpreting it that way because presumably you’re a David Johnson owner & are defensive about your player.

and that’s ok - I’d be worried too. 

good luck - I hope your player does well this weekend. I’ll be busy not watching a single second of the cardinals offense.

:yes:  
You’ve stated you own Edmonds in many posts. Don’t think you deny that so I won’t source it. 

You said: 

I have no idea why Arizona wouldn’t pick up another running back considering the third stringer is injured. Maybe that’s a good sign and maybe it’s not. Maybe it’s just a sign of a team that’s not prepared well. maybe they believe against the lowly Giants they don’t need more than one running back.” Comically unrealistic.

I’m not going to dig into the Mahomes thread to quote but there you said something akin to football players being different from message board posters in terms of their willingness to play through injuries yet in here you say DJ owners should be concerned about him having to fly across country:

Thought I’d read he missed practice Friday & that’s when coach said “if the game were today he’d be out”. 

they're playing the Giants so I’m not sure how much gamesmanship is needed there. 

to add concern for DJ owners, flying cross-country with a bad back isn’t always the most beneficial thing for a player either. ”

You double down on gamesmanship not being needed against a team favored to beat them. You mention the concern about football player DJ not being able to handle a cross country flight. And you incorrectly state that he missed practice Friday and in another post based on that assumption you say he was a late week downgrade. You want him to be out so you can roll Edmonds in a sweet matchup. I own DJ in one and Edmonds in another. I get it. But you’re clearly letting your bias shine through. 

You’ve stated you own Edmonds in many posts. Don’t think you deny that so I won’t source it. 

You said: 

I have no idea why Arizona wouldn’t pick up another running back considering the third stringer is injured. Maybe that’s a good sign and maybe it’s not. Maybe it’s just a sign of a team that’s not prepared well. maybe they believe against the lowly Giants they don’t need more than one running back.” Comically unrealistic.

I’m not going to dig into the Mahomes thread to quote but there you said something akin to football players being different from message board posters in terms of their willingness to play through injuries yet in here you say DJ owners should be concerned about him having to fly across country:

Thought I’d read he missed practice Friday & that’s when coach said “if the game were today he’d be out”. 

they're playing the Giants so I’m not sure how much gamesmanship is needed there. 

to add concern for DJ owners, flying cross-country with a bad back isn’t always the most beneficial thing for a player either. ”

You double down on gamesmanship not being needed against a team favored to beat them. You mention the concern about football player DJ not being able to handle a cross country flight. And you incorrectly state that he missed practice Friday and in another post based on that assumption you say he was a late week downgrade. You want him to be out so you can roll Edmonds in a sweet matchup. I own DJ in one and Edmonds in another. I get it. But you’re clearly letting your bias shine through. 
I’ve also said repeatedly that the *only* way Edmonds sniffs my lineup this weekend is of DJ is out.

you asserted a bias I don’t have. 

I've told you you’re incorrect. That’s the end of this discussion between you and I. 

have a nice day.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve also said repeatedly that the *only* way Edmonds sniffs my lineup this weekend is of DJ is out.

you asserted a bias I don’t have. 

I've told you you’re incorrect. That’s the end of this discussion between you and I. 

have a nice day.
That doesn’t refute anything. I understand that very well as I’ve stated. You hope that DJ is out so you can put Edmonds in your lineup. It’s likely the crux of your bias.

That doesn’t refute anything. I understand that very well as I’ve stated. You hope that DJ is out so you can put Edmonds in your lineup. It’s likely the crux of your bias.
No, I don’t hope anything of the sort. Again, that’s projection on your part. You can’t quote me saying it.

the only thing I’ve said even remotely like that is that IF DJ MISSES THE GAME I’D HAVE A HARD DECISION.

I never hope for a player injury, and did not do so here.

just stop already - this projection is ridiculous. I’m done with this.

No, I don’t hope anything of the sort. Again, that’s projection on your part. You can’t quote me saying it.

the only thing I’ve said even remotely like that is that IF DJ MISSES THE GAME I’D HAVE A HARD DECISION.

I never hope for a player injury, and did not do so here.

just stop already - this projection is ridiculous. I’m done with this.
Haha you project the Az coaches might not be aware of the status of their own RBs yet I’m being ridiculous for projecting that you as an Edmonds owner might have a bias when it comes to the status of the player playing in front of him. Ok, we’ll drop it. Best of luck to ya.

Drop it. Keep your posts 100% on the player and not other posters here. Last warning. Out of patience with the board. 

Rotoworld take:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports David Johnson (ankle) is expected to play in Week 7 against the Giants.

This was foreseeable once the Cardinals failed to add another back to their roster Saturday afternoon. It's likely the second straight week Johnson's gotten in work on Friday and ultimately been declared active on game day. Fantasy players should expect reps similar (barring re-aggravation) to his performance from last week as Johnson out-snapped Chase Edmonds 52-20 en route to an RB4 finish. DJ's a Top 10 option at his position while this news shuffles Edmonds back to being a RB4/FLEX play in Week 7.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Oct 20, 2019, 12:57 AM ET

Rotoworld take:
It’s a weird time of night for a player update; no? 

i mean, Schefter is pretty good - like, sure, maybe he’s hanging out in David Johnson’s trash compactor with a listening device at 01:00 AM?

I'm not sure I’ve seen a 01:00 AM update before. 

good luck DJ (and to a lesser degree Chase) owners. May all of your touchdowns be receiving ones.

PPRamen. 

i mean, Schefter is pretty good - like, sure, maybe he’s hanging out in David Johnson’s trash compactor with a listening device at 01:00 AM?

good luck DJ (and to a lesser degree Chase) owners. May all of your touchdowns be receiving ones.

PPRamen. 

Adam actually tweeted it at 9:47 PM - here it is...

Cardinals’ RB David Johnson, listed as questionable for today’s game against the Giants due to an ankle injury, is expected to play, per source.

Adam actually tweeted it at 9:47 PM - here it is...

Cardinals’ RB David Johnson, listed as questionable for today’s game against the Giants due to an ankle injury, is expected to play, per source.
Oh - I was going by the timestamp Rotoworld showed this morning. 

They must have edited it later or something.

still - 9:47 PM is a weird time to update a player’s status. Was he sharing a nice Chianti with the Cards coach?

it’s none less weird that it was 9:47 PM. I’m questioning who Schefter could be talking to.

maybe his source was reading this topic. 😳

Oh - I was going by the timestamp Rotoworld showed this morning. 

They must have edited it later or something.

still - 9:47 PM is a weird time to update a player’s status. Was he sharing a nice Chianti with the Cards coach?

it’s none less weird that it was 9:47 PM. I’m questioning who Schefter could be talking to.

maybe his source was reading this topic. 😳
Or maybe Schefter just tweeted it hours after he had the info?

Or maybe Schefter just tweeted it hours after he had the info?
Ryan Reynolds gif “but why?”

Why would a reporter have a scoop & wait to post it. 

moreover why would they wait until after the daily news cycle?  9:47 isn’t exactly prime time. 

that would be just as weird as getting info at 9:47 PM.

something is strange about this whole thing. Glad it’s not my headache. 

Via text from DJ's gf imo 
“My best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who’s going with a girl who saw Ferris pass-out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it’s pretty serious”

“My best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who’s going with a girl who saw Ferris pass-out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it’s pretty serious”
As long as DJ isn't absent 9 times.  I also don't want to see him twist and shout.

May I add another tidbit?

Charlie Sheen is at the police station with sister Jeannie, and he also kidnapped Kristi in The Chase
I knew Sheen was the bad boy - didn’t catch that Kristi was in the chase though. 

that settles it - DJ will play today, and play well, by god!

~ Adam Schefter, last night at 9:46 PM, probably. 
:shrug:

PPRamen. 

Schefter has a tweet dump every Saturday night around that time on just about every injury status. Happens every week.

PPRamen. 

Schefter tweets out a series of player updates late at night almost every saturday, between 9-12, all at the same time. Not sure if he schedules the tweets or just posts them before bed, but he's done it for years. 

Ryan Reynolds gif “but why?”

Why would a reporter have a scoop & wait to post it. 

moreover why would they wait until after the daily news cycle?  9:47 isn’t exactly prime time. 

that would be just as weird as getting info at 9:47 PM.

something is strange about this whole thing. Glad it’s not my headache. 
You’re trying too hard to spin it here. Johnson is playing. As some one that owns both I’m not sure why this would give me a headache. It actually gives clarity and makes the decision much easier, especially when you combine all the evidence, the biggest piece of which is that the Cards did not add another RB.

Edmonds will get his time most likely but it’s not this week - although against the Giants he could actually have flex value even with DJ playing. It would be a risky start however.

You’re trying too hard to spin it here. Johnson is playing. As some one that owns both I’m not sure why this would give me a headache. It actually gives clarity and makes the decision much easier, especially when you combine all the evidence, the biggest piece of which is that the Cards did not add another RB.
Not at all - I was just wondering where a reporter got news at that time of night. 

none spin whatsoever. Someone else mentioned that Schefter does this every weekend - I didn’t know that. 

I have none rooting interest here. Edmonds is on my bench. 

good luck to DJ owners. I’d be concerned about there being fire with the smoke since coach was talking up the injuries pretty heavily - it’s a bit like the Amari Cooper situation. Limited practice, risk of early exit. But that’s speculation, also based on all evidence we’ve seen. 

Not at all - I was just wondering where a reporter got news at that time of night. 

none spin whatsoever. Someone else mentioned that Schefter does this every weekend - I didn’t know that. 

I have none rooting interest here. Edmonds is on my bench. 

good luck to DJ owners. I’d be concerned about there being fire with the smoke since coach was talking up the injuries pretty heavily - it’s a bit like the Amari Cooper situation. Limited practice, risk of early exit. But that’s speculation, also based on all evidence we’ve seen. 
Ok

I think if he plays you have to start him unless your other options are elite.  I’m nervous though.  Wish their bye was sooner than Week 12.  

Users who are viewing this thread