What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty and Redraft: David Johnson Saints (3 Viewers)

Is it nuts to consider this guy #1 overall in standard? I drew number one in my local league (standard scoring) and i'm considering him even over Brown. It's really between the 2 of them. Simply because there are a lot of nice WR options available at the 2/3 turn like Marshall, Cooks, DT, Evans, Hilton etc but the RB's there make me green and they only get worse after that. I may change my mind several times before draft night but right now, DJ+Marshall/Cooks looks better to me than Brown+CJA/Marshall. I guess if I knew Ingram or McCoy would definitely be there, might be different.
It's not nuts. I plan on hitting WR hard in the early rounds, but if you want to take a big swing DJ, Zeke and Miller are your big upside/big downside plays. All three have number 1 overall potential, but all 3 could just as easily end up as just low levelRB2/flex types.

DJ looked great, but as I have mentioned in numerous spots, a worrisome and disproportionate amount of his production came in 1 game against the Eagles. During the second half of the year, the Eagles were allowing opposing offenses to consistently put up their best games of the year (Cousins 5 TDs in one half, Giants RBs putting up almost 300 yards, Doug Martin over 250, etc). How much is that game tainting the water of his overall production and fantasy perception? Will DJ be effective when everyone is fresh from week 1 or was he taking advantage of worn down defenses? CJ and AE are pretty good players as well, it will be hard to predict the exact usage rate. We could end up with a situation where DJ isn't as effective as we hoped and it turns into a 3 way committee. On the other hand, DJ could be the amazing 3 down workhorse that so many see and he could continue where he left off .

If we factor in how efficient he was all year with what he did when given the starting role, we could see 17 carries a game at 4.6 ypc, 4 receptions a game at 11 ypr and his TD rate could take a big drop but still be crazy high at like  0.05. That would make his final stat line a ridiculous 272/1250 rushing, 64/705 and 17 TDs. That is legitimately the kind of ceiling he has. In standard that is 18.6 ppg or second best RB season of the last 3 years. 

His downside is maybe what his 16 game season projects to if we look at what he did as a starter (minusthat Philly game) and factoring in AE/CJ being healthy and getting some of the work:  12 carries at  4.0 ypc, 3 receptions at at 8.5 ypr, and a TD rate of 0.025. That comes out to 192/786 rushing, 48/408 receiving and 6 TDs. In standard that is 9.6 ppg or RB26 last year just ahead of Blount. 

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not nuts. I plan on hitting WR hard in the early rounds, but if you want to take a big swing DJ, Zeke and Miller are your big upside/big downside plays. All three have number 1 overall potential, but all 3 could just as easily end up as just low levelRB2/flex types.

DJ looked great, but as I have mentioned in numerous spots, a worrisome and disproportionate amount of his production came in 1 game against the Eagles. During the second half of the year, the Eagles were allowing opposing offenses to consistently put up their best games of the year (Cousins 5 TDs in one half, Giants RBs putting up almost 300 yards, Doug Martin over 250, etc). How much is that game tainting the water of his overall production and fantasy perception? Will DJ be effective when everyone is fresh from week 1 or was he taking advantage of worn down defenses? CJ and AE are pretty good players as well, it will be hard to predict the exact usage rate. We could end up with a situation where DJ isn't as effective as we hoped and it turns into a 3 way committee. On the other hand, DJ could be the amazing 3 down workhorse that so many see and he could continue where he left off .

If we factor in how efficient he was all year with what he did when given the starting role, we could see 17 carries a game at 4.6 ypc, 4 receptions a game at 11 ypr and his TD rate could take a big drop but still be crazy high at like  0.05. That would make his final stat line a ridiculous 272/1250 rushing, 64/705 and 17 TDs. That is legitimately the kind of ceiling he has. In standard that is 18.6 ppg or second best RB season of the last 3 years. 

His downside is maybe what his 16 game season projects to without that Philly game and factoring in AE/CJ being healthy and getting some of the work:  12 carries at  4.0 ypc, 3 receptions at at 8.5 ypr, and a TD rate of 0.025. That comes out to 192/786 rushing, 48/408 receiving and 6 TDs. In standard that is 9.6 ppg or RB26 last year just ahead of Blount. 
I very much enjoyed the analysis and prognostication. When all is said and done, nobody knows what he will do or how he will be used for sure. I just know that even leaving that Eagles games to one side, he passes the eye test without a doubt. Runs hard, catches passes, tough and reliable at the goal line. Kind of reminds me of Shaun Alexander a little in his running style.

I very much enjoyed the analysis and prognostication. When all is said and done, nobody knows what he will do or how he will be used for sure. I just know that even leaving that Eagles games to one side, he passes the eye test without a doubt. Runs hard, catches passes, tough and reliable at the goal line. Kind of reminds me of Shaun Alexander a little in his running style.
Yeah, he looks great. In his favor, when he was the starting back he faced some tough defenses (other than the Eagles). He played Seattle, Minnesota and Green Bay. Those were all in the top half of the league for least points allowed to fantasy RBs. Who knows what DJ could have done if he had been the starter against Cleveland or Detroit. The thing is he just comes with more risk than Brown, OBJ or Julio because it's almost all projection based on a small sample size. No doubt though that he has massive upside. 

Is it nuts to consider this guy #1 overall in standard? I drew number one in my local league (standard scoring) and i'm considering him even over Brown. It's really between the 2 of them. Simply because there are a lot of nice WR options available at the 2/3 turn like Marshall, Cooks, DT, Evans, Hilton etc but the RB's there make me green and they only get worse after that. I may change my mind several times before draft night but right now, DJ+Marshall/Cooks looks better to me than Brown+CJA/Marshall. I guess if I knew Ingram or McCoy would definitely be there, might be different.
I would still take Brown.. First round picks tend to have more a potential to harm if you miss, then help if your right. Ask those who drafted Monte Ball 2 years ago or CJ Anderon last year.  I love DJ's potential, but I'm not gonna risk the first pick of the draft on such a small sample size and not knowing how Arians will use his RBs when all are healthy. 

He caught 36 passes last year. 
51.  He had 15 receptions in two playoff games.

You didn't factor those games in for your downside projections in your previous post.  In his 6 games starting (excluding the Eagles as you did) he averaged 15 carries and 4.7 receptions.

I would still take Brown.. First round picks tend to have more a potential to harm if you miss, then help if your right. Ask those who drafted Monte Ball 2 years ago or CJ Anderon last year.  I love DJ's potential, but I'm not gonna risk the first pick of the draft on such a small sample size and not knowing how Arians will use his RBs when all are healthy. 
Very fair comment. I agree, just tempted by the potential and the fact that very nice WR's are still available anyway at the 2/3 turn and if DJ were to hit big, that's a home run team. That said, Brown is as safe a pick as there is with a high floor and huge ceiling plus he never (TOUCH WOOD!!!) seems to miss games. Only issue for him is his productivity is entirely tied to Ben's health which isn't reliable at all.

51.  He had 15 receptions in two playoff games.

You didn't factor those games in for your downside projections in your previous post.  In his 6 games starting (excluding the Eagles as you did) he averaged 15 carries and 4.7 receptions.
I counted them. I cut out the Philly game and all his time as a part time player. 

I counted them. I cut out the Philly game and all his time as a part time player. 
My bad.  Didn't seem like it when you said he had 36 receptions.

12 carries/game even with CJ and AE taking some backfield work seems way too low for his downside  average number of carries (barring injury of course).

My bad.  Didn't seem like it when you said he had 36 receptions.

12 carries/game even with CJ and AE taking some backfield work seems way too low for his downside  average number of carries (barring injury of course).
It's low, but this is looking at worst case scenario (barring injury as you said). If you remove the Eagles game, he only averaged 3.8 ypc during his starting stretch. Those were tougher defenses so I think the number probably isn't reflective of what he can do over a season. I just think there is a chance he isn't the all world player that some think he is a lock to be. No matter what, he's just really difficult to project due to the small sample size, crazy outlier philly game, weird week 17, 2 playoff games and all sorts of injuries to his fellow RBs. 

It's low, but this is looking at worst case scenario (barring injury as you said). If you remove the Eagles game, he only averaged 3.8 ypc during his starting stretch. Those were tougher defenses so I think the number probably isn't reflective of what he can do over a season. I just think there is a chance he isn't the all world player that some think he is a lock to be. No matter what, he's just really difficult to project due to the small sample size, crazy outlier philly game, weird week 17, 2 playoff games and all sorts of injuries to his fellow RBs. 
He also averaged 10 yards per reception during those games.  That is why people are excited about his potential because even if you shut him down rushing he'll be able to make up for it through the air (and vice versa) and if you shut him down in both aspects he still has a higher chance than most to compensate for it by getting into the end zone.  Arizona looks like they will be a winning team with a high powered offense.  They should score 40-45 TDs on offense with an upside of 50+ (they had 51 last season).

Also I hate taking out the "outlier" games because every RB has outlier games.  Even the very best have bad weeks and monster weeks.  No RB puts up 1,600 yards & 16 TDs over the course of a season by rush/receiving exactly 100 yards and a TD with exactly 4.5 ypc every single week.

He's starting this year so we're lowering his targets why?
Because he was starting last year and had no Ellington or Johnson to compete with when he caught most of those passes. I still think he is the lead guy, but he is going to share with them. 

He also averaged 10 yards per reception during those games.  That is why people are excited about his potential because even if you shut him down rushing he'll be able to make up for it through the air (and vice versa) and if you shut him down in both aspects he still has a higher chance than most to compensate for it by getting into the end zone.  Arizona looks like they will be a winning team with a high powered offense.  They should score 40-45 TDs on offense with an upside of 50+ (they had 51 last season).

Also I hate taking out the "outlier" games because every RB has outlier games.  Even the very best have bad weeks and monster weeks.  No RB puts up 1,600 yards & 16 TDs over the course of a season by rush/receiving exactly 100 yards and a TD with exactly 4.5 ypc every single week.
I get why people are excited. I posted his upside as 1900 and 17. That is monstrous. I don't like taking away outlier games either, but I was projecting a downside. In a 7 game sample, a 220 yard 3 TD game insanely throws things off when the next best game isn't even half of that. So when looking at downside, I have to write it off as a fluke. When looking at upside, I have to factor it in. 

I get why people are excited. I posted his upside as 1900 and 17. That is monstrous. I don't like taking away outlier games either, but I was projecting a downside. In a 7 game sample, a 220 yard 3 TD game insanely throws things off when the next best game isn't even half of that. So when looking at downside, I have to write it off as a fluke. When looking at upside, I have to factor it in. 
His three next best games were 127 yards & 1 TD, 123 yards & a TD and 120 yards.

He averaged 88 yards and 0.33 TDs in his other three games.

His three next best games were 127 yards & 1 TD, 123 yards & a TD and 120 yards.

He averaged 88 yards and 0.33 TDs in his other three games.
Yeah good games but for standard he only broke 20 points once all year and it was his 41 point Eagles game. It was more than double the amount of points he put up  in any other game. 

220 & 3 is a fluke for any RB, it only happened once last year.  In fact it has only happened 30 times, by 21 RBs, since 1995, which averages to once per season.  I agree you count count on games like that but it's very encouraging to know that he is in the caliber of RB who is capable of putting up such a game.

Three guys on this list (Harrison, Best & Anderson) didn't really pan out and the book is still out on two (DJ and Martin...you could add Bell to this if you want but I think we are all believers in his talent). The other 15 were monsters for significant chunks of their careers.  I guess I should put an asterisk on LJ but I think he was more derailed by injury and attitude, however you may disagree.

Adrian Peterson x2
Arian Foster x2
Barry Sanders x2
Brian Westbrook
Chris Johnson
Clinton Portis
Corey Dillon
David Johnson
Doug Martin
Edgerrin James
Fred Taylor
Jahvid Best
Jerome Harrison
LaDainian Tomlinson x3
Larry Johnson
LeVeon Bell
Marshall Faulk x2
Mike Anderson
Priest Holmes x3
Shaun Alexander x2
Tiki Barber

I have done some looking but haven't been able to find an example of a RB that was buried on the depth chart at the start up the season that finished as the lead back due to injuries to the guys above him that retained the lead back role after the starters came back from injury the next season.  I have found some examples were the FF community thought the up and coming back would maintain that role but didn't.  If any one has an example of this that worked out well please let me know,  I only went back 5 years.

Examples:  (the # is the players overall ADP for that year)

CJ Spiller 

2013:  #5

In 2012, F. Jackson Struggled staying healthy and gave CJ Spiller more touches than he normally would have had.  Spiller was the lead back for the finall 3 games and averaged 4.8 ypc and 11.7 YPR and 17.5 PPG

In 2013, Spiller was #5 overall ADP, Spiller went back to his timeshare and averaged 13.4 carries per game and 2.3 Receptions per game and 8.3 fantasy points per game

CJ Anderson

2015:  #7

In 2014 Monte Ball started the year as the starter and stuggled early giving way to R. Hillman who got injured week 10.  The next 7 games Anderson averaged 4.5 ypc, 8.34 ypr and 20.5 fantasy points per game

In 2015 the backfield goes back to a true committee with Hill .

J. Hill

2015:  #10

In 2014 Bernard was the incumbant starter and the backfield was a true committee untill Bernard struggled with injuries starting in week 9.  Hill takes over the lead role and finishes the season averaging 5.2 ypc and 13.6 fantasy points per game

in 2015 the backfield goes back to a true committee with Bernard and Hill averages 10 ppg.

D. Wilson

2013:  #16

In 2012 Wilson was drafted in the first round by the Giants to replace and often injured and aging Bradshaw.  Wilson saw limited snaps till weeks 14 and 15 when Bradshaw was injured.  Wilson averaged 5 ypc and 8.5 ypr that year.

In 2013 Bradshaw left and Wilson started the season as the RB1.  Wilson strugged as the starter and finished the season with 146 yards on 44 attempts.

Because he was starting last year and had no Ellington or Johnson to compete with when he caught most of those passes. I still think he is the lead guy, but he is going to share with them. 
32 targets not starting as a rookie I think....... it's wrong to think that will go down or stay the same. Is he going to be spelled? Yes but 70+ targets should be his floor. Which I'd be surprised if it was that low. They line him up in the slot all the time. It's his strength. It's where he's special. That's why he's safer than any other RB this year imo. His floor is going to look like LeVeon Bell's floor from a couple years back where if they are playing a tough run defense he will still catch the ball 4-5 times for 5 yards and get you 15 points total in PPR.

Yeah good games but for standard he only broke 20 points once all year and it was his 41 point Eagles game. It was more than double the amount of points he put up  in any other game. 
Feels like you are moving the goal post just a little bit.  There are too many variables for me to put value on that statement.  Why is 20 points the standard here?  What is "standard" in the first place?  What about PPR (I assume that is non-standard in your definition)?  How many times did the top RBs in your league each break 20 points?  What about standard leagues that award points to the player for special teams scores? etc.

Even adding in playoff games I have no idea where you got this number?
I was wrong. My Bad. He still average 6.25 targets as soon as he was starting. He'll get over 4 catches a game getting that amount of targets.......so 70 catches in a year is absolutely in his range.

It's reasonable to expect Ellington and CJ healthy will cut into the amount of touches Johnson will get.  Hard to say how much but it's enough of a concern that I won't take him with the other guys going in the top 10.

Yeah it was a little bit of hyperbole but you get the idea. Gurley is a great talent though.....
Its not really hyperbole though.  Statistically, the Cardinals were the best offense in the league last year and the Rams were the worst.  Of course stats arent static year to year but I don't see any reason to believe that the Cardinals wont again be among the best offenses in the league and the Rams, even with Gurley, wont again be amont the worst.

That alone is not reason enought to take Johnson over Gurley but the older I get the more I favor players in better offenses.  

Even adding in playoff games I have no idea where you got this number?
He had 57 targets during the regular season. That is the only thing that makes sense.

I do that some times looking at the wrong column.

As far as throwing out the best and worst games, this is something that is done pretty commonly in statistics to remove outliers. However if you do this, I think you need to do it consistently for all players.

Given Johnson's sample size is so small already. I don't think reducing the sample is helping the accuracy of the final result.

Feels like you are moving the goal post just a little bit.  There are too many variables for me to put value on that statement.  Why is 20 points the standard here?  What is "standard" in the first place?  What about PPR (I assume that is non-standard in your definition)?  How many times did the top RBs in your league each break 20 points?  What about standard leagues that award points to the player for special teams scores? etc.
It's not a benchmark. All I said was his one single game was a real significant outlier in that it was more than double his next best game. His best game was 41 so I just roughly halved it. Last year here are his weekly scores were: 1, 2, 2, 4, 5, 6 ,8, 9, 11, 12, 12, 12, 13, 18, 19, 19, 41. Here are the scores from when he took over as starter:  6, 8, 12, 18, 19,19 41. If we are going to project the downside of a player, I think it's fairly reasonable to remove the 41 point game here. If you projecting the floor for David Johnson and are factoring in the 41 point game, then I have to assume you are projecting him for the one of the greatest seasons in the history of fantasy football. 

I agree DJ will share some, but CJ was the clear workhorse last year even when Ellington returned from injury and DJ was healthy. Granted that was before Arians was in a position - or willing - to unleash DJ, but I see CJ as a threat more than Ellington to steal touches. And even CJ I think maybe gets 5-7 carries to keep DJ fresh and really is not a threat in the passing game.

Arizona's top 3 RBs combined for 57 catches in the regular season last year, and I think that number will go up a little, probably to about 65-70, with Ellington and CJ combining for 15-20, so I would say 50 is probably a safe bet for Johnson's floor as far as receptions go.  I don't see him catching 80+ like some are predicting, but I think Arians is smart enough to cater to his players' strengths, and Johnson catching the ball is one of them. 

It's reasonable to expect Ellington and CJ healthy will cut into the amount of touches Johnson will get.  Hard to say how much but it's enough of a concern that I won't take him with the other guys going in the top 10.
I agree, I love Johnson, but unless there are major injuries Johnson will be in the 40 - 50 catch range not 70 to 80

Maybe people are just discussing this for pure discussions sake. That's all good. But DJ is their starting running back. He doesn't need 20+ carries and 5 catches a game to be a top 5 RB to justify his ADP.  And he's pretty obviously their best goal line option, if not their clear cut best player overall. Even at 4.2-4.5 ypc at about 215-245 carries he's gonna get 1k-1.1k rushing. 50 catches is completely attainable with probably 400-500 yds receiving. I think his absolute floor can't be lower than 8 total TDs. Are people unhappy with these numbers? I think if you could guarantee this is your first round picks' floor statistics, youd probably take it, in this day and age. Maybe I'm just pessimistic. At a position with so few superstars, an epidemic of injuries, and committee gameplay approaches - I'd take these stats everyday of the week. 

Who wants to bet on the over under that DJ gets 50 catches this year. I'll take the over. Nothing huge just a fun sweat. I'll escrow with some reputable poster here. 

With Bell suspended I just can't see taking another RB in front of him in a redraft.  He's a complete back whose head coach has been saying in no uncertain terms will be the unquestionable #1 RB on a team that looks to have one of the top offenses and defenses in the NFL.  Fine maybe CJ and AE will take some touches but there should be plenty of touches to go around.

For the people making the argument for Gurley > DJ I get it.  The Rams ran the ball inside the five on the highest % of plays of any team in the league but they ran only 920 plays and scored 280 points.  By contrast Arizona ran 1041 plays and scored 489 points.  Is Goff/Keenum really going to bring enough to the table to close the clear offensive gap between these two teams?

Maybe people are just discussing this for pure discussions sake. That's all good. But DJ is their starting running back. He doesn't need 20+ carries and 5 catches a game to be a top 5 RB to justify his ADP.  And he's pretty obviously their best goal line option, if not their clear cut best player overall. Even at 4.2-4.5 ypc at about 215-245 carries he's gonna get 1k-1.1k rushing. 50 catches is completely attainable with probably 400-500 yds receiving. I think his absolute floor can't be lower than 8 total TDs. Are people unhappy with these numbers? I think if you could guarantee this is your first round picks' floor statistics, youd probably take it, in this day and age. Maybe I'm just pessimistic. At a position with so few superstars, an epidemic of injuries, and committee gameplay approaches - I'd take these stats everyday of the week. 
It's a matter of weighing the risk.  There's always a lot of it taking rbs in the first,  even more so with ones that aren't that proven.  Took Bell and Charles in the first over the past 2 years and both were huge disappointments,  and they were supposed to be a lot more of a sure thing than DJ.  I can see both sides of the argument.  I'm just more prone to lean towards a top wr in the first.  I'd rather take a rb in the third and still get a good year out if him and better value

As a DJ owner in Dynasty I think he'll be very good, but we haven't seen a huge sample size yet and he's gotten shut down in multiple games.  The RB situation this year is a bit crazy with so many unproven players and all of the typical rock stars getting up there in age. 

I would take Johnson over Gurley for 1 reason, I can't picture the Rams rushing to close out games this year.  They will hardly ever have a lead.

220 & 3 is a fluke for any RB, it only happened once last year.  In fact it has only happened 30 times, by 21 RBs, since 1995, which averages to once per season.  I agree you count count on games like that but it's very encouraging to know that he is in the caliber of RB who is capable of putting up such a game.

Three guys on this list (Harrison, Best & Anderson) didn't really pan out and the book is still out on two (DJ and Martin...you could add Bell to this if you want but I think we are all believers in his talent). The other 15 were monsters for significant chunks of their careers.  I guess I should put an asterisk on LJ but I think he was more derailed by injury and attitude, however you may disagree.

Adrian Peterson x2
Arian Foster x2
Barry Sanders x2
Brian Westbrook
Chris Johnson
Clinton Portis
Corey Dillon
David Johnson
Doug Martin
Edgerrin James
Fred Taylor
Jahvid Best
Jerome Harrison
LaDainian Tomlinson x3
Larry Johnson
LeVeon Bell
Marshall Faulk x2
Mike Anderson
Priest Holmes x3
Shaun Alexander x2
Tiki Barber
Exactly, so when I am projecting DJ for this year, I can't factor in a game a 220/3 game. Him having a game like that is a good indication that he is a great fantasy back. If Peterson, Barry and Faulk could only do it twice in their careers than I can't factor it into DJ's 2016 outcomes. 

Exactly, so when I am projecting DJ for this year, I can't factor in a game a 220/3 game. Him having a game like that is a good indication that he is a great fantasy back. If Peterson, Barry and Faulk could only do it twice in their careers than I can't factor it into DJ's 2016 outcomes. 
And you can't zero it out either.

And you can't zero it out either.
Agree. I gave two projections. Downside is he's a CJ Anderson/Jeramy Hill that got the backfield to themselves later in the year which gave them volume and effciiency that they can't repeat and leaves them as more like low endRB2. I also projected the upside which is David Johnson is the EdgerJames/Marshall Faulk dual threat back that many see an he posts one of the top fantasy seasons of the last few years. I think the most likely outcome is a Mark Ingram like season. 

I would take Johnson over Gurley for 1 reason, I can't picture the Rams rushing to close out games this year.  They will hardly ever have a lead.
Trouble is, I dont trust Arians not to use CJ for closing out leads, even if DJ got it for them in the first place...

Hopefully after CJ rushes 3 times and they punt, they'll use DJ next time.
LOL, you guys are funny.  

After throwing out both CJ's and DJ's best and worst games last season:  CJ 4.01 ypc (173 rushes), DJ 4.14 ypc (93 rushes), Ellington 5.79 ypc (39)

Not throwing out any carries  CJ 4.2 ypc (196).  DJ 4.6 ypc (125).  Ellington 6.4 (45)

Interesting note here, the backs that are used the least and more on passing downs tend to have the highest ypc.  I would expect to see a drop in ypc for DJ if he is getting more first and second down work this season.  

Trouble is, I dont trust Arians not to use CJ for closing out leads, even if DJ got it for them in the first place...
Any particular reason why you wouldn't trust Arians in that situation?

If they are killing a lead, rushing three times and punting seems to be exactly what most coaches want.

I dont like it either, but it's what I expect out of Arians...
The Cards ran 120 more plays and scored 200 more points last season.  Right now there is no reason to think that dynamic will change.  The Rams didn't do much to improve this offseason and the Cards did nothing to get worse, I think most would argue they got better in fact.  

Maybe DJ gets a smaller piece, which is debatable as he is their best offensive player, but it will likely be a much bigger pie.

FTR I would not be remotely surprised if Gurley performs better in fantasy than DJ.  But right now I prefer DJ to Gurley.  But, who knows? by Labor Day my opinion may have changed.

If they are killing a lead, rushing three times and punting seems to be exactly what most coaches want.

I dont like it either, but it's what I expect out of Arians...
I'm curious if anyone's looked it up, but Arians just doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that will "run out the clock" with 3 run plays, I would think he is more inclined to keep the pedal to floor and keep passing when he has a lead.

Chaka said:
FTR I would not be remotely surprised if Gurley performs better in fantasy than DJ.  But right now I prefer DJ to Gurley.  But, who knows? by Labor Day my opinion may have changed.
Yep 

Users who are viewing this thread