What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty and Redraft: David Johnson Saints (2 Viewers)

That fumble is all on Palmer. DJ was open in the flat and he is trying to get fancy. Inside the 10 you give the ball to the freak and let him do what he does.

Ezekiel Elliott would like a word with you.
The edifferencediscuss Arians doesn't know when he should be running the ball.  Could have cost the cardinals a win today.  DJ would have easily had 10 or so more ff point to today had the cardinals employed some conventional logic.  

Just one of those days but as unusual and unlikely to be repeated as it was, there is no doubt there are about 3-4 awesome young rbs in the league at the same time and, sadly, Gurley is not among them (HE is a great talent but it will go wasted in LA at this point). 

The edifferencediscuss Arians doesn't know when he should be running the ball.  Could have cost the cardinals a win today.  DJ would have easily had 10 or so more ff point to today had the cardinals employed some conventional logic.  

Just one of those days but as unusual and unlikely to be repeated as it was, there is no doubt there are about 3-4 awesome young rbs in the league at the same time and, sadly, Gurley is not among them (HE is a great talent but it will go wasted in LA at this point). 
I'm not so sure about gurley being one of them.  I know he's a high RD draft pick.  I know what he did in college, and I know what he did last year on a bad team (at times).  

I know that everyone is saying it's BC the Rams are bad.  But honestly the Rams pass offense is respectable these days.  It has been for over a month.  The o line is bad and has trouble run blocking, but there are rbs that can transcend that.  Gurley clearly isn't.  I think it's possible he might be overrated.  

Last edited by a moderator:

I dunno. The cardinals had no success running the ball today. Johnson hit in the backfield a ton. Meanwhile they moved the ball at all in the air. Not the coaches fault.

I'm not so sure about gurley being one of them.  I know he's a high RD draft pick.  I know what he did in college, and I know what he did last year on a bad team (at times).  

I know that everyone is saying it's BC the Rams are bad.  But honestly the Rams pass offense is respectable these days.  It has been for over a month.  The o line is bad and has trouble run blocking, but there are rbs that can transcend that.  Gurley clearly isn't.  I think it's possible he might be overrated.  
Good points.  

I dunno. The cardinals had no success running the ball today. Johnson hit in the backfield a ton. Meanwhile they moved the ball at all in the air. Not the coaches fault.
Just my opinion but everyone runs on the Niners and the cards did too so I think that HAS to be on the coach.  There were just so many times in that game where they should have run and stayed with it and they paid for it when they didn't with turnovers.  

Run defense is a legit weakness of the Niners and the cards should have been able to leverage that.  Just my opinion but I think it's reasonable. 

Just my opinion but everyone runs on the Niners and the cards did too so I think that HAS to be on the coach.  There were just so many times in that game where they should have run and stayed with it and they paid for it when they didn't with turnovers.  

Run defense is a legit weakness of the Niners and the cards should have been able to leverage that.  Just my opinion but I think it's reasonable. 
It's the worst run defense in the league but for whatever reason there was no running room today. He had 19 carries

I cannot believe I even considered Gurley over this guy for a second when I learned I draw the #1 pick. Has saved my team from sure defeat a few times. I am little concerned on the O-line injury issues.

I cannot believe I even considered Gurley over this guy for a second when I learned I draw the #1 pick. Has saved my team from sure defeat a few times. I am little concerned on the O-line injury issues.
The good thing about the o-line debacle is that Palmer is having no time to throw and is constantly checking down to DJ. I think he'll be fine the rest of the way.

Gun to head start up dynasty league #1 RB...  who you building your team around....

Johnson

Elliot

Bell
Elliott; and I own both Johnson & Bell in a keeper league, but I'd take Elliott over either one.

Dallas o-line tips the scale for me.  Neither Pitt's or 'Zona's line are as impressive.

Elliott by a mile.  Much better line and a QB that's just getting his career going.  Plus Elliott is over 3 years younger than Johnson.

Johnson owner and I say Elliot, easily. Better O-line, young and impressive QB, with other solid offensive weapons. Arizona looks like it could be potentially entering a dark age in the coming years (mediocre to bad O-line and QB questions).

Have most points in the league, wanted Zeke at #5, he went #3, chose Lamar Miller over Johnson.  One of the bigger blunders in my FF career.  Killed me today with that last catch over 100.

If he's in on 3rd downs he'll be a RB1 no matter what and it would be crazy to not throw him the ball. He's like the best pass catching back in the league. 

PFF tweeted out their top 5 backs in terms of forced missed tackles.

1. David Johnson at 59

2nd was Demarco with 43, 3rd and 4th were at 41 and 5th was 39.

Practically 20 more than the next four.

The best thing is being a Cardinals fan and owning him in 3 out of 4 leagues. It's so fun watching him in FF and cheering for him in real life. I just hope he keeps this up for a few more years.

So is anyone worried about him dynasty-wise if this is Palmer and Fitz's last year?  Or can he not be Gurley'd?
Anyone can be Gurley'd, but are you really going to sell him because you are trying to predict the future of Cardinals? Maybe they go get Romo, or draft their version of Dak. It is usually a losing strategy in dynasty leagues to trade super talented players because of what might happen.

Look at what happened if someone sold Fitzgerald because Warner retired. 

Users who are viewing this thread