What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone ever bought a foam/memory mattress in a box? (1 Viewer)

Archer

Footballguy
Anyone here every buy one of those foam/memory mattresses that come in a box? I need to get a queen size bed for a loft in a log cabin, and it pretty much needs to come all compressed in a small box so we can fit it up in the loft (we didn't plan very well when building, and there is no way to get a regular size mattress up the loft stairs with the railings in place, etc.)

Are these actually comfortable? If so, can anyone suggest a brand that is somewhat affordable? Don't really wanna drop $500 on a mattress that will only be occasionally used but would still like it to be comfortable.

Wasn't there a thread about this? I can't remember. My brother Wrigley bought one i think. Also a younger brother of mine got one as well. Never heard a complaint

I have a queen In my guest room that came like that. It's nice. Should be fine for a cabin. They are a pain to move though after they expand.

Sleep Innovations, queen size is <$500, on Amazon, free shipping with Prime. They have some thinner models for less. I've owned one for a year and have no complaints. The box it ships in is about 5x2x2 ft, should be able to get it up a tight staircase.

Yes. We had one for years. You know once you take it out of the box. They don't fold back up into the box

and no they stink not on another mattress

Last edited by a moderator:
Sleep Innovations, queen size is <$500, on Amazon, free shipping with Prime. They have some thinner models for less. I've owned one for a year and have no complaints. The box it ships in is about 5x2x2 ft, should be able to get it up a tight staircase.
:beatmetoit:

I will go look on Amazon but hoping this sleep innovations is way less than 500...i do have prime shipping at least.

What size thickness did you guys get? Is 8" too thin (that's not what she said) or do you have to go with the 12" to get decent sleep?

And what did you guys who bought this place it on? Again I can't fit a traditional box spring in the loft anyway. Would one of those metal frames work?

Something like this- http://www.amazon.com/Sleep-Master-Platform-Mattress-Foundation/dp/B006MIUM20/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1425158169&sr=1-1&keywords=queen+mattress+foundation+for+memory+foam

Anyone here every buy one of those foam/memory mattresses that come in a box? I need to get a queen size bed for a loft in a log cabin, and it pretty much needs to come all compressed in a small box so we can fit it up in the loft (we didn't plan very well when building, and there is no way to get a regular size mattress up the loft stairs with the railings in place, etc.)

Are these actually comfortable? If so, can anyone suggest a brand that is somewhat affordable? Don't really wanna drop $500 on a mattress that will only be occasionally used but would still like it to be comfortable.
Yes. Works great. Just unwrap and let it breath for a week before you place it. Theres an odor they have from the factory, but if you let it breath it goes away. Very comfortable.Eta: Amerisleep.com

Bought a Bed in a Box after reading a now archived thread here about 7 years ago.  Need to buy two queen size now for my boys They grow up so fast :(

Anyhow, seem a lot pricier than I remember. 

Binky The Doormat said:
A bunch more pricey.  Anyone know why this stuff went up so much?   
Back in 4/11 I bought a king sized mattress with foundation for $1099 delivered.   Looks like they are gel now which mine isn't.  Cheapest option is $1348.00 now.

Checked my receipts and bought a twin for my oldest a few years back.  Going to order these.

Back in 4/11 I bought a king sized mattress with foundation for $1099 delivered.   Looks like they are gel now which mine isn't.  Cheapest option is $1348.00 now.

Checked my receipts and bought a twin for my oldest a few years back.  Going to order these.

Looks pretty good, would you check back in after a while and tell us how you and/or kids like them?  We are still kicking around the idea of going from a queen size to king size bed and my wife loves the mattress we got several years ago based on dawg's recommendations, but I don't think they make it anymore.  

Picked up a couple at Sam's when we moved last year.  They have been excellent so far.  They come in various thicknesses.  Here is the 10 inch:

Night Therapy Foam Mattress

We have an 8 inch and a 9 inch version for our kids.  I slept on the 8 inch and slept very well one night.  I'm about 210 lbs.

ETA -- You can buy them with the bi-fold box spring.  It's awesome as it's a box spring that completely folds up and can be moved anywhere.  Here is one being sold with it

Looks pretty good, would you check back in after a while and tell us how you and/or kids like them?  We are still kicking around the idea of going from a queen size to king size bed and my wife loves the mattress we got several years ago based on dawg's recommendations, but I don't think they make it anymore.  
Will do.  They love the one they have now and this seems to be a new and improved model.

Bought a twin from IKEA several years ago for one of my boy's bunk-beds. It was in a bag, but still the same idea. It unfurled fairly easily and we haven't had any difficulties with it.

Users who are viewing this thread