What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PGA Tour Thread: 2019 Season Ends (2 Viewers)

The green is another tough aspect...uphill but slopes off the back...you can't carry it to the back half.

Jordan makes his putt
:lmao: nice call. When he doesn't have to think he can putt.

By the way, the Hooters Tent is right there...you pay $50 and eat and drink free all day. I've seen Daly and Gruden hammered in that tent. Great spot for a win.

Spieth! The Kid.

However, as if we all don't know this already... Patrick Reed is going to be a beast for years to come. That kid might be a punk but he is just all balls.

He wears the choker chain because you need to keep the pitbull tied up a little bit. You can't let that big dog breath all the way or he'll make golf unwatchable and smoke the field in every tournament.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spieth! The Kid.

However, as if we all don't know this already... Patrick Reed is going to be a beast for years to come. That kid might be a punk but he is just all balls.

He wears the choker chain because you need to keep the pitbull tied up a little bit. You can't let that big dog breath all the way or he'll make golf unwatchable and smoke the field in every tournament.
Except he can't hit the ball straight. Or with a fade. He's Tiger circa '95.

He didn't stop at stealing from his college teammates. He stole Tiger's Sunday red shirt move. Guy is shameless.
:lol:

Good stuff.

I keep trying to root against him, but I think golf needs a guy like this right now.

Spieth finally waking up this year was nice. Picked him every week in my fantasy pool and finally decided he wasn't going to get it together....ooops.

There's pretty strong evidence Patrick Reed is:

• A known cheat (practice/qualifying college events - not since)
  • A habitual liar. At present this isn't a story of redemption, a guy who screwed up when he was young, came to terms with his failings, overcame his past mistakes. In fact it's the story of an un-repentive jerk.
  • He was thrown off or forced out of Georgia for just cause. He didn't exactly turn himself around at Augusta State but he was a key cog as the #2 man on back to back national champion squads.
  • He is a world class ####### on a lot of levels - to teammates, to his fellow pros, and to his parents. He hasn't spoken to his family in years and his wife had them thrown out of the Ryder Cup last year.
  • He's a ####### bulldog. He gets it done. He chokes, at times, but he also puts himself in a position to choke more than any other American. He is relentless. In match play I'd take him over anybody, Rory included.
  • He is good on a historic level. Less than a handful of players have won as often as he has before their 24th birthday.
He has a lot of flaws. I think that is why I love him. He is the human condition personified. He is guarded with the press and during interviews, but on the course he is cursing himself out like a Sixth Fleet sailor. Love that he doesn't back down. He is unapologetic about who and what he is, which maybe doesn't make him the beau ideal of what a man should be, but he is the ultimate competitor.

Love all the guys in that playoff. Hope Sean O'Hair regains his form. Hoping that Jordan Spieth continues his progress on what we all expect to be a great career filled with major championship wins. You had to feel good about the state of American golf watching these guys battle yesterday.

Cheating at golf is different than cheating in other arenas. No shortage of #######s in the game of golf, but the one thing everybody is on the same page with is cheaters on the course. Take this drug, don't take that drug, whatever. But when you report a score lower than you shot? That's the dregs. You are scum down there just short of pedophiles. That's the context within the game. So this is an #######, who cheats, and steals from his teammates and then flashes the money back at them. I don't know anything about his relationship with his parents, so for all I know they deserved it. But if those things are true?

That is not "the human condition." Humans are flawed, yes. And some humans are lying, cheating, thieving #######s. I don't see that as anything close to "the ultimate competitor". That's just an ####### to me and we need fewer of them, not more.

Interestingly Reed wasn't the only one in the shootout not speaking to parents. Sean O'Hair hasn't spoken to his psycho Marinovich-like father in over a decade.

Interestingly Reed wasn't the only one in the shootout not speaking to parents. Sean O'Hair hasn't spoken to his psycho Marinovich-like father in over a decade.
But has come to terms with it. He has a healthy attitude about everything went down. His FIL functions as a surrogate.

I had forgotten the stuff about Reed stealing cash from his teammate. The guys on tour have a running joke "make sure you lock up your stuff this week, Patrick is playing." Gotta suck to still be catching grief over stupid things you did as a 17 y.o. freshman.

But has come to terms with it. He has a healthy attitude about everything went down. His FIL functions as a surrogate.

I had forgotten the stuff about Reed stealing cash from his teammate. The guys on tour have a running joke "make sure you lock up your stuff this week, Patrick is playing." Gotta suck to still be catching grief over stupid things you did as a 17 y.o. freshman.
He's not going out of way to change any previously-formed opinions.

Hopefully this helps stabilize this tourney...this course deserves a PGA event.
It was beautiful out there. Great crowds. The Hooters Owl's Nice behind 12 was super rowdy. I doubt the players like it much, but it was great to see this even have some excitement.

My feet hurt like Hell today. Damn that's a lot of walking.

It was beautiful out there. Great crowds. The Hooters Owl's Nice behind 12 was super rowdy. I doubt the players like it much, but it was great to see this even have some excitement.

It's just a fantastic time to be in this area in general. Spring Training, the Lightning, concerts, spring break, Tampa Bay Downs, the occasional NCAA basketball event...perfect weather...

It's just a fantastic time to be in this area in general. Spring Training, the Lightning, concerts, spring break, Tampa Bay Downs, the occasional NCAA basketball event...perfect weather...
Reminds me of Arizona. :hifive:

What the hell was Ernie Els thinking? Dude should have just taken a penalty stroke and moved on. 1st swing, no idea what happened with the ball but it didn't move. 2nd attempt he hits it and it goes backwards into the rocks unplayable. Great job there. Now you are going back to where you could have been from the get go.

he must have been banging and some waitress too I'll gladly console her

Last edited by a moderator:
Lot of WDs this week. I assume that's typical for 1 week before the Masters with even the slightest or smallest of injury concerns.

Users who are viewing this thread